Locksmith

mr.buffalo

Took voluntary redundancy in January. I am in UK now, unemployed and am thinking of doing a locksmith course. They start of at about 700qiud for a 2 day course. My question is, would there be some business for me in Pattaya after the course? I would like to do the add on which is the vehicle locksmith course but add on price too! Got a house in Ban Sarey, so already have a Thai company, but as business venture.. comments please.

There is a Scandinavian locksmith living near me.

He owns a company, ploys a Thai locksmith but does the best work himself, agent for various international companies. But there is EVVA agent in Pattaya, many Thai locksmiths with reasonable capability, so doubt that there is any good opportunity.

Before any such leap into the unknown one should first consider why you are thinking that 'this' is the solution?

A two day course will not give you experiance in the trade - do you already have a skill set within this area?

Can you get some experiance before taking the course? You will get more from the course if you know abit about it first.

Have you read everything you can find on this subject?

Do you consider people in Thailand/Pattaya are only interested in mechanical locks - would it not be better (more profit) to look at alarm systems? (PM me if you want a Pattaya contact in this direction.)

As you don't appear to be aware of the number of locksmiths that are already in place here and the rates that they can charge - this link might offer further reading.

HTH

2 days locksmith course :)

Probably just about enough time to grasp the difference between a rim and mortice locks.

As for making it pay, I needed a locksmith, cost 400B for a night call-out, the guy only only does 2 or 3 jobs a day, think you could live on 24 quid a day???

Edited by Basil B

As you don't appear to be aware of the number of locksmiths that are already in place here and the rates that they can charge - this link might offer further reading.

They could use an English proofreader. Reminds me of user manuals included with cheap Chinese knock off electronics!

Took voluntary redundancy in January. I am in UK now, unemployed and am thinking of doing a locksmith course. They start of at about 700qiud for a 2 day course. My question is, would there be some business for me in Pattaya after the course? I would like to do the add on which is the vehicle locksmith course but add on price too! Got a house in Ban Sarey, so already have a Thai company, but as business venture.. comments please.

A friend of mine did one of these courses at a farm in Romford ! I can only describe it as a very basic introduction !! The Scandinavian locksmiths referred to in another post "TIMO" in soi17 specialize in commercial installations and master / submaster sets.

Another reason for avoiding these 2 day locksmith courses is, what is the motive of the other candidates for doing the course?

I mean how many have been referred by their probation officer??? watch your wallet...