Bus From Asia To Europe

tommybkk

Some Thai woman told me that there is a bus that goes from India to Italy, she said a friend of her took this bus trip.

Some other guy told me that there is a bus that goes from China all the way to Europe.

Is this true?

Info please

With the new trans-asian highway due to be completed soon, i can see this service being available to the hardy

Bypassing the dodgy areas north-west of India, maybe Thailand-Laos-China-Russia-Europe route could be an option to future backpackers

Might be a bit of a strain on the bum mind you

Just been reading an article online as regards to a Train Service from South China to Germany. And the fares are appprox 25% of costs of air travel. It is successful, however, they need increase their numbers of jouneys.

Edited by TEFLMike

Has oil yet again is rising ($58 dollars a barrel) & if it hits those crazy highs again these hopefully possible other forms of transport options to get out of our shit holes back to Thailand at affordable rates. :)

3 weeks is fine if it was your only way to get back i would do it for sure my wife would massage my arse when i arrive :D

been a few mentions over the years about this subject, there is a twice a year service from london victoria to singapore and then a short flight to darwin where the bus service resumes .The company was called Overlander used to be run by a couple of aussies, it was 16 seater allwheel drive bus based on the Unimog,yours truly and wife gave it a go when we were younger and still a little bit bah bah, really learned to appriciate the pleasure of soft toilet tissue :)

Does anybody remember around 10yrs ago a British registered truck that brought people overland from Europe to this neck of the woods. Don't know what happened but it was parked outside the Crown Hotel on Suk Soi 6 for a few weeks. This truck had been converted with seats and other stuff needed for an overland journey.

You could almost do it overland by train from Vietnam. Bit of a hassle with visas maybe but cheaper than flying.

Absolutely not cheaper than flying. Talking twaddle.

Easy Mr Briggsy

Why do you think it would be more expensive than flying?????

It's not for me, but young whippersnapper backpackers with a will, could quite possibly do it cheaper than a 15-20k flight

Edited by robbiecia

there is a bus,that leaves london to australia,twice a week,dont no how long it takes

There used to be a boat that left every 3 months from Southampton. Took ages but was free, all you had to do was steal an apple from the local magistrates orchard :)

You can get a train all the way up Vietnam to Beijing. The Orient Express goes from Beijing to Moscow, but takes forever. Moscow to Paris should be a cakewalk. But again -- a few weeks, and meals, and vodka and bedsores and backaches ...

there is a bus,that leaves london to australia,twice a week,dont no how long it takes

There used to be a boat that left every 3 months from Southampton. Took ages but was free, all you had to do was steal an apple from the local magistrates orchard :D

:):D:D

• 2 months later...
You could almost do it overland by train from Vietnam. Bit of a hassle with visas maybe but cheaper than flying.

Easy Mr Briggsy

It's not for me, but young whippersnapper backpackers with a will, could quite possibly do it cheaper than a 15-20k flight

How can a few weeks travel (i imagine not less than 4 weeks go and come back from europe) be cheaper than a 20k flight? Bus tickets plus eat, visas, small expenses etc. will be about double than that!!

It's a beautiful trip, for the young and corageous, but not cheap for sure.

Easy Mr Briggsy

How can a few weeks travel (i imagine not less than 4 weeks go and come back from europe) be cheaper than a 20k flight? Bus tickets plus eat, visas, small expenses etc. will be about double than that!!

It's a beautiful trip, for the young and corageous, but not cheap for sure.

Moscow - Beijing via Mongolia: This is arguably the most interesting Trans-Siberian route to take. The weekly Trans-Mongolian train (train 4 eastbound, train 3 westbound) leaves Moscow for Beijing every Tuesday night. The 7,621 km (4,735 mile) journey takes 6 days. This train crosses Siberia, cuts across Mongolia and the Gobi desert, then enters China. This train uses Chinese rolling stock and has deluxe 2-berth compartments (with shared shower), 1st class 4-berth compartments & 2nd class 4-berth compartments. Fares start at around $650 or £410 one-way in 2nd class 4-berth or $910 or £570 in 1st class 2-berth.

this is from http://www.seat61.com/Trans-Siberian.htm

Vietnam to Beiging can be done in a few days so if you really want to ypu could do it in week and a half.

noodles for a week or so are tolerable so my guess it is easy to do it for less than the UK flight especially as there are cheaper seats availible if you are stupid. Of course as I found travelling overland from australia to Europe many years ago you will always spend at least $100 more than you have.

I drove an old Landrover from Europe to Bombay through the persian route in Iran in 1994. 15,000 km in 2 months, it was fun and a great adventure, but if you just want to go from point A to B, I suggest you fly.

Robert

There used to be a boat that left every 3 months from Southampton. Took ages but was free, all you had to do was steal an apple from the local magistrates orchard :)

thats right it's an Airbus 380