How To Translate This Into Thai?

jingjingna

Hi all,

Can someone here please help me with the translation of 'Certifcate of Non-Impendiment'into Thai. This certificate will be requested at the local Tessabahn and I want to make it easy for them to understand what it is.

Thanks folks!

...........me with the translation of 'Certifcate of Non-Impendiment'into Thai.

Sorry, can't help you with the Thai, but I think that you may mean Non-Impediment.

Is it some sort of declaration that there are no obstacles/ barriers to allow you to marry?

Edited by loong

"To marry legally in Thailand, you are required to have been resident in Thailand for at least three days before you marry. Visitors must acquire a Certificate of Non-Impediment from their home embassy. This document is translated and certified by the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs, then taken to the Civil Registry Office for submission. If either partner has been married previously, the registry will ask you provide proof of divorce and/or death certificate for former spouses. Though the administrative process is fairly straightforward and generally takes about three days, if there are complications the process may take a week or more to complete. "

Found this info, hope it helps.

The paper asked for in the Thai regulations concerning marriage, is called หนังสือรับรองสถานภาพบุคคล (Certificate of Civil Status).

Since your document is not a 100% equivalent (the name suggests it may certify other aspects than just that you are not currently married), I cannot think of a snappy way of writing it in Thai, but I will give you a non-snappy, non-idiomatic but nevertheless semantically correct suggestion which hopefully annoys some other forum member so much that they give you a better version. :)

หนังสือรับรองว่าไม่มีอุปสรรคต่อการจดทะเบียนสมรส

Not quite on topic, but can I share that the 'google translation' on-line capability seems to have been upgraded and it now gives fairly good translations from English to Thai and Thai to English.

My Thai son reads and speaks good English and because of this he's the 'designated' translator of English language text books (on sports medicine) into Thai for his university class, but of course this has been very time consuming. Additionally he's continuously asked to translate all sorts of documents for a friend of a friend, etc. Again, very time consuming.

He's now using the 'google translator' and he says it's not perfect but pretty good. and has cut the time he's been using for this purpose by 90%. And he now gives the 'google tranlator' address to other people who ask for translations.

Here's the Google translation of your post:

ไม่เชิงในหัวข้อแต่ฉันสามารถแบ่งปันที่ของ 'Google แปล' ในบรรทัดสมรรถภาพดูเหมือนว่าได้รับการปรับปรุงและเดี๋ยวนี้ให้ดีพอควรแปลจาก ภาษาอังกฤษเป็นภาษาไทยและภาษาไทยภาษาอังกฤษ.

ลูกชายของฉันไทยอ่านและพูดภาษาอังกฤษดีและเนื่องจากนี้เขาเป็น 'รับ' แปลภาษาอังกฤษข้อความเล่ม (ในกีฬายา) เข้าไทยของเขามหาวิทยาลัยชั้นแต่ของหลักสูตรนี้ได้รับมากเวลา. นอกจากนี้เขาถามต่อเนื่องแปลทั้งหมด sorts เอกสารสำหรับเพื่อนของเพื่อนและอื่นๆอีกครั้งมากเวลา.

เขาใช้เดี๋ยวนี้ของ 'Google แปล' และเขากล่าวยังไม่สมบูรณ์ดีแต่ลำยอง. ตัดและมีเวลาที่เขาใช้สำหรับวัตถุประสงค์นี้โดย 90%. และเขาให้เดี๋ยวนี้ของ 'Google tranlator' ที่อยู่อื่นที่คนที่ขอแปล.

I'm not sure if it's improved since it was first introduced (just had an idea -- we should select a set of sample paragraphs to test this over time), but it's still got a long way to go. However, certainly better than nothing. Glad some people are finding it useful.

Just out of interest I used Google to translate Rikker's post back to English

"Not really, but I can share on the topic of the 'Google Translated' performance in line seems to have been updated and now a fairly good translation. English to English and English English.

My son is reading and Thailand. Speak English well and because he is a 'get' English language text books (in sports medicine) in Thailand, his university class, but of course this has been very time He also asked to translate all sorts of documents for friends of friends and other times more time.

This single, he used the 'Google Translated' and he said not perfect but pretty good. Cut and use his time by 90% for this and now that he's' Google tranlator 'address translation for other people."