Ibis Hotel Pattaya

Tigerman1

Hi all

Arriving in BKK on 19th May and staying at Ibis in Suk Soi 4.

I then will be going to Pattaya dn have heard teh the Ibis is good.

Any knowledge or experience of this hotel please?

What is it near? I know Pattaya very well but have never stayed at that end of the beach ro frequented establishments around there. Are there decent bars/restaurants etc. to go?

I understand that a taxi ride is available to my local haunts but wanted to try something different.

Any comments appreciated.

Cheers all.

Regards

Yes, there are quite a few bars and restaurants at that end of town. Just to the north of the Hotel is Martin Tattoo bar then across the road is Drinking Street (opposite Tiffany's) and can continue up from there to a smaller collection of bars. To the south - have Soi 2 with a large collection of bars etc etc. it is not a bad end of town at all. Restaurants: Indian, Italian, Thai. Plus you also have Big C. Enough to keep you busy.

Hi all

Arriving in BKK on 19th May and staying at Ibis in Suk Soi 4.

I then will be going to Pattaya dn have heard teh the Ibis is good.

Any knowledge or experience of this hotel please?

What is it near? I know Pattaya very well but have never stayed at that end of the beach ro frequented establishments around there. Are there decent bars/restaurants etc. to go?

I understand that a taxi ride is available to my local haunts but wanted to try something different.

Any comments appreciated.

Cheers all.

Regards

Its quite intriguing that this topic keeps popping up regularly in this forum :)

Many different opinions in this thread just two months ago - many

suggesting it's not so good

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Ibis-Hotel-t242498.html

Edited by midas

I have seen reports that it is noisy as next (in middle) of a construction area - it seems to be set back from road on a truck entrance from photos I have seen.

I don't understand why people come to Thailand to stay in a Soviet Union style

building with no character, no atmosphere-nothing going for it.

You can get so much more for your money staying in Thai owned establishments

especially now in the low season

Well, I actually lived in BKK for 2 years and in Pattaya for 18 months so I am not a first time toursit.

Why stay in a Thai style place?

I like modern with really nice bathrooms - I have never seen a Thai style with that!!!!

I only sleep and shower in the room and in the day I am at the beach and at night out and about.

Horses cor courses as they say - each to theor own. That is why the world is so diverse.

Thanks anyway for your comments.

Well, I actually lived in BKK for 2 years and in Pattaya for 18 months so I am not a first time toursit.

Why stay in a Thai style place?

I like modern with really nice bathrooms - I have never seen a Thai style with that!!!!

I only sleep and shower in the room and in the day I am at the beach and at night out and about.

Horses cor courses as they say - each to theor own. That is why the world is so diverse.

Thanks anyway for your comments.

What a piece of all in one moulded plastic :) -I'm happy they don't do that in Thai establishments :D