Hope someone can help, security is a serious issue in some areas.

In future please don't post the same topic in more than one forum, if you think it will get better responses elsewhere PM a mod to move it, thanks :)

At the electrical shop on Theppasit Road just opposite the filling stations, I just replied to another poster on this very subject, do a search.

500 baht gets you a very noisy siren in bright red colour, Back wire it through the wall from a convenient socket and fit the switch inside the room on a nice surface box with a RED plate. I got them in every room.

Edited by Rimmer

Hope someone can help, security is a serious issue in some areas.

In future please don't post the same topic in more than one forum, if you think it will get better responses elsewhere PM a mod to move it, thanks :)

My apologies for that, some of us get a little senile in our old age and I hadn’t realised I posted it twice.

At the electrical shop on Theppasit Road just opposite the filling stations, I just replied to another poster on this very subject, do a search.

500 baht gets you a very noisy siren in bright red colour, Back wire it through the wall from a convenient socket and fit the switch inside the room on a nice surface box with a RED plate. I got them in every room.

Thanks Rimmer when it stops raining i'll go to the shop in question and have a look around.

Couple of questions for you?

Are all your switches or panic buttons connected to the one siren?

Where did you purchase the surface box with red faceplate.

Know of a good electrician as i'm to old to crawl around the roof space.

Edited by nam-thip

I got an alarm system with 170Db external flashing siren, 2 motion sensors and a remote control complete with panic button for 7,000 baht. Wouldn't be without it now, house is secure when I go out and feel safe when I arm the rest of the house when I go to bed. Installation cost me 1,000 baht.

Best 7,000 I ever spent!

PM me if you want more info.

I have never seen sirens in HomePro, HomeMart or HomeWorks. As far as I am aware they do not sell them and never have.

The above shops do sell a surface mounted boxes for switches and sockets, they very occasionally have red front plates for them. The electric shop I mentioned have all the bits. If you are at the Nakluha end of town however the large electrical wholesaler Numchai have everything as well. That is the shop by the traffic lights in Nakluha not the electronics goods shop on Sukhumvit.

One switch controls one siren in my case, it would require a ring main or some for-thought whilst building the house to put them all on one circuit.

I got an alarm system with 170Db external flashing siren, 2 motion sensors and a remote control complete with panic button for 7,000 baht. Wouldn't be without it now, house is secure when I go out and feel safe when I arm the rest of the house when I go to bed. Installation cost me 1,000 baht.

Best 7,000 I ever spent!

Had you not quoted the prices in THB, I would have thought you were responding from South Africa or Zimbabwe.

Best 7,000 I ever spent!

Had you not quoted the prices in THB, I would have thought you were responding from South Africa or Zimbabwe.

I'm afraid I don't understand, are you suggesting that there is no need for alarms of this type in Thailand?

• 2 weeks later...

It would seem that the most common form of entry for thieves into houses now is through the roof. Anyone that has secured all their doors and windows linked to an alarm system needs to think again, motion sensors are required.

It's also a pain as the kick a hole in the ceiling if they cannot find the hatch or if you have locked it.

3 motion sensors, remote control and 170 Db external siren linked to alarm panel costs 14,000, forget the door window contacts except on your own bedroom so you can arm while you sleep.