Company Formation Chiangmai

tommybkk

Try Sumalee Jennapa, at 29 Tanin Co., Ltd. 053-410-174. They're located behind Gat Tanin if that helps. Basically heading north from Chang Phueak towards Mae Rim, just before you hit Khuan Singh intersection on your left. The big market there is Gat Tanin. They're behind the market. She can give you detailed directions.

She is easy to deal with, speaks decent English, and is upfront about prices etc. Good luck.

LOL.. sorry..

Here's the best clue you'll ever get, but I won't bother after this:

YOU DONT NEED A LAWYER FOR SIMPLE STUFF LIKE OPENING A COMPANY!

It's not that hard. I really don't understand why so many 'Falongs' only manage the most basic of official business by using a law firm..

Go to the appropriate government office, get the forms, ask information, fill in the stuff.. It's not that hard. Same applies to getting BOI; some law companies (and the 'Falongs' who need them) would have you believe it's like black magic..)

Or perhaps even stronger: If you're so unfamiliar with general things Thai that you can't fill in a form then you probably shouldn't be in business in this country anyway.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

Try Sumalee Jennapa, at 29 Tanin Co., Ltd. 053-410-174. They're located behind Gat Tanin if that helps. Basically heading north from Chang Phueak towards Mae Rim, just before you hit Khuan Singh intersection on your left. The big market there is Gat Tanin. They're behind the market. She can give you detailed directions.

She is easy to deal with, speaks decent English, and is upfront about prices etc. Good luck.

Hey, let's stay positive here, W.T. Kwai. The original poster asks a question and we are meant to help, no? Whether he has been here 5 minutes or 5 years. Everyone has to start somewhere.

Khun Sumalee is great in every way. Maybe a little slow, but reliable & trustworthy in my decade+ of experience with local Thai lawyers. Broad brush view: I only trust the women.

Importantly, beware that with a new company formation you MUST show the capital in a Thai bank. I think it's 3m+ baht to achieve 1 foreign work permit. Older companies have 'grandfathered' rights under which that amount does not have to be shown. But of course, beware of any debts if buying a 2nd hand company!

OP, you can PM me for more, with your e-mail, if you wish.

Hey, let's stay positive here, W.T. Kwai. The original poster asks a question and we are meant to help, no?

Yeah.. I guess.. :) wanted to make a strong statement though. So many foreigners who can't do anything without either a lawyer or a Thai girl/boy or both.

Importantly, beware that with a new company formation you MUST show the capital in a Thai bank. I think it's 3m+ baht to achieve 1 foreign work permit.

Isn't that an _investment_ of 3mil, not cash? I know it is for BOI companies, and then it's just 1 mil. And you don't even have to show it as cash, just as investment and it also doesn't have to be invested right away even. (Sorry, it's been a while. :D )

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

I was very disappointed with Sumalee. She is nice, but slow; took forever to get around to a simple matter, didn't communicate, return calls or emails, just left me hanging, and her office staff was clueless. And she wanted 2 browns per hour. I've since gone with Suriya Chankao and been very happy.

I wouldn't listen to the cranky put down by mr do it yourself know it all. It's a small price to pay to get it right and not have to deal with beaurocrats. Theres a place in Thailand for almost everyone, even though some people think they have one up on all the others. dc

Tommybkk...

You may want to check with Sunbelt to see if that price includes the tax/fee for the capital invested. I can't remember what the fee is but the more capital invested, the higher the cost. It may be a reasonable price if your company will have a lot of capital.

I've used several different companies to register....a law firm at Hillside 4 and an accounting firm on Mae Jo Road. Anybody can register a company and costs vary considerably (the accountant was half price of the lawyer). However; the main issue is to find somone who knows how to structure the company in such a way that it's safe for your investment.

I now work with Sunbelt. They seem to have a better grasp of the law and how to structure a company to ensure that I can maintain control. The other two firms did not put any safety measures into the company which meant that the company could be taken over by the other shareholders at any time. Sunbelt had a lot of great ideas and re-structured the company to guarantee that I maintained contorl of decisions and profits. Sunbelt is worth their fees in my opinion.

I had the same problems with Sumalee and I now use Sunbelt. I understand she is quite ill but if that is the case perhaps she should take a break. I also agree...pay no heed to W T K....always a negative non helpful response. Some people truly believe they know it all. Can't wait to meet at the party.