Work In Health, Safety, Environment, Research, Sciences Or Related

I am an American currently residing in Bangkok and am interested in finding an opportunity to gain more international work experience related to my education and background. I have approximately 6+ years of experience in the United States and Thailand in the following types of work:

Environmental Health & Safety (Occupational Health & Safety), Waste Management (Hazardous and/or Radioactive/Nuclear Wastes from Medical Facility Operations and Medical Science Research Laboratories), Consulting, Occupational Health & Safety, U.S. EPA compliance, Employee Safety Training, OSHA compliance, Hazardous & Radioactive Materials Transport compliance (U.S. Department of Transportation), NRC compliance (U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission), Water resources, Research, and Education.

I spent two and a half years working within a large medical university hospital and research facility in the United States where I gained considerable experience in the practice of Environmental & Occupational Health Sciences. Additionally, I have several years of state government experience related to environmental regulations and policies.

Within Thailand, I'm currently working by contract (part-time/freelance) through a large international company with medical research publication editing, statistical analysis, and writing. In addition, I have two years of experience working as an educator (both part-time and full-time). Most recently, I worked with undergraduate students in both English language training and tutoring of academic courses related to Public Health Sciences at Mahidol University. I've also assisted Public Health professors/researchers from Mahidol in editing, writing, and publication of research articles to be submitted to English-language (western) academic journals. Previously (2003-2004) I worked at a Thai government school that specialized in mathematics and sciences within an English-based program.

I have a B.S. in Environmental Health Science and have completed about 50% of my M.P.H. (Master of Public Health), both within the United States. I've taken beginner level intensive Thai language, but have since learned more (although I don't practice speaking enough). I can read Thai better than speaking and listening (due to lack of practice). I would say I'm probably at an intermediate level in Thai language.

I have a full detailed resume and professional references for interested prospective employers. I also have official copies (as well as scanned photocopies) of all qualifications available upon request. I would very much like to find work in anything remotely related to my background. I'm also willing to do NGO work. Please contact me through a reply (as instructed by the Thaivisa.com form).

Thank you,

James

Edited by ILOOKFORWORK