True Internet Speed Upgrade

sushi5734

I got a call an hour or so ago from true saying that as of June 1st I was going to get a free upgrade in speed to 5mb for the same price as I pay now! now considering I have about 750kbs at the moment, that seems extreemly ambitious to me but she definitley said 5mb maybe she meant 1.5mb!

My internet servoce is via cable so back home sure that would be no problem at all.

It may be that my area is due to get wifi internet, as Korat does have some wifi areas aparently.

I was just wondering if anyone esle had heard the same?

The new ADSL subscription rates are here. (Yes, that's the "English" version). The left part of the table is for Internet alone, the right part in conjunction with a True Vision or True Mobile contract. Please note that 5 Mbps is for local sites only. Also note that your contract will start anew if you choose to upgrade. My connection in Bangkok was upgraded and I pay less than before for a noticeably higher speed.

Edited by lothda

The new ADSL subscription rates are here. (Yes, that's the "English" version). The left part of the table is for Internet alone, the right part in conjunction with a True Vision or True Mobile contract. Please note that 5 Mbps is for local sites only. Also note that your contract will start anew if you choose to upgrade. My connection in Bangkok was upgraded and I pay less than before for a noticeably higher speed.

I like the idea of a combined internet + TV package I might have to get in touch with them, I am sick and tired of Thai soap operas on the handful of free channels that I have now.

I spoke to mate who also received this call (he speaks fluent Thai so no confusion!) and it is going up to 5mb and no extra charge or extra contract its just going up :]