Rugby In Bangkok

Looking for a game of rugby whilst in Bangkok? Or maybe you just need a beer...

Our club is based in Bangkok and made up of a good bunch of blokes from all walks of life...Thais, Kiwis, Aussies, Welsh, Brits, Scots, Yanks, Canadians, French, Japs...wrestlers, teachers, jewellers, military, bankers, media, personal trainers, engineers...

We play in the annual Thai Rugby Union comp, as well as against international touring teams and in as many 7's and 10's tournaments in the region we can get to.

The club also fields teams in Bangkok's local netball and touch rugby (men's, women's and mixed) and cricket competitions if you (or your gf/wife!) are keen.

Rugby training is on most Thursday nights and there's also an informal fitness group on Tuesday evenings. When we're not rolling in mud, we're usually having a beer somewhere or scheming about an upcoming rugby tour...

If you want to get involved, feel free to ask any questions...you can also check out our site - www.southerners-bangkok.com.

Cheers

Southos

Looking for a game of rugby whilst in Bangkok? Or maybe you just need a beer...

Our club is based in Bangkok and made up of a good bunch of blokes from all walks of life...Thais, Kiwis, Aussies, Welsh, Brits, Scots, Yanks, Canadians, French, Japs...wrestlers, teachers, jewellers, military, bankers, media, personal trainers, engineers...

We play in the annual Thai Rugby Union comp, as well as against international touring teams and in as many 7's and 10's tournaments in the region we can get to.

The club also fields teams in Bangkok's local netball and touch rugby (men's, women's and mixed) and cricket competitions if you (or your gf/wife!) are keen.

Rugby training is on most Thursday nights and there's also an informal fitness group on Tuesday evenings. When we're not rolling in mud, we're usually having a beer somewhere or scheming about an upcoming rugby tour...

If you want to get involved, feel free to ask any questions...you can also check out our site - www.southerners-bangkok.com.

Cheers

Southos

I am not in BKK permanently yet (though may as well be, being there about 1/4 of every year on holidays), so I will definately keep the club in mind. No kiwi is ever too far away from a rugby field, especially at the age of 23. Is there any restrictions with regards to joining? I used to play at national age group championship level but it has been a few years now so I would no doubt be extremely rusty. When does the season typically run in TH?

Hamish

• 3 months later...

Hey mate,

I'm a 25yrld kiwi living who will be living in Bangkok for the next 6 months. I'm normally a soccer player but keen to play some rugby and meet some new people. Can you drop me an email cause I'm definitely keen.

Cheers,

James