Looking For A Place To Buy Sweet Basil Plant Or Other Herb Plants

Maccheroncini

You can buy seeds from for many types of basil (and some other herbs) from many of the shops in the Khamtien plant market behind Tesco Lotus. Seeds also available from Tesco Lotus itself and Carrefour.

Rimping also sell potted basils, mints, rosemary, oregano etc - stock varies from time to time.

AFM is probably the best source for herb (as well as flower/vegetable) seeds.

AFM

399 Chiangmai - Maejo Road,

Nonghan,

Sansai,

Chiangmai 50290

Tel. 053 353810-5

E-mail: [email protected]

http://www.afmgroup.com/afm/company/index.htm

We bought two types of basil at Khamtien at a shop in the far back, about as far away from Lotus as you can get in that area. (Same area where they sell multitudes of lotus water flowers.) They started out six inches tall and now both plants are four feet tall, harvested several times a week. Great to eat foods we definitely know are organic!

Wow thankyou both so much :)

Mai bpen rai krub...... :D

BTW, I should mention that what's on the AFM website is not a comprehensive list. If you go to their offices out of town (on the left as you drive towards Mae Jo - huge "AFM" concrete letters on the lawn in front of their modern 5-storey building), you can look through the current list - including herbs. At least one of the female staff in their reception area speaks good English and is knowledgeable about their stock.

Edited by Steve2UK

Yes I know :D the AFM website gives me the impression that they only sell flowers!  Now that you've mention it I sure will check this place out. 

Wow thankyou both so much :)

Mai bpen rai krub...... :D

BTW, I should mention that what's on the AFM website is not a comprehensive list. If you go to their offices out of town (on the left as you drive towards Mae Jo - huge "AFM" concrete letters on the lawn in front of their modern 5-storey building), you can look through the current list - including herbs. At least one of the female staff in their reception area speaks good English and is knowledgeable about their stock.

I'd like to grow sweet basil. I know the only place ' Royal project at Mae Rim'. Anyone could suggest other places around CM?

I had this problem a month ago. It's discussed here http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Buy-Seeds-an...-M-t251132.html

They sell tons of herbs at the big market behind the north Lotus. There's a google earth marker attached to this post if you want to see the exact store I bought from on a map.

However, I am new at gardening and mine are struggling to grow. Any suggestions???

Plants___Herbs.kmz

Edited by mnbcm

Thank you mnbcm.

I have no clue about gardening but I like sweet basils a lot.  I don't even have a proper garden!  

I bough a pretty plastic things to grow herb ages ago and it just sit there :) .

I've googled it and found a way to grow SWB here but first I need some soil and compos! :D

http://www.ehow.com/how_2098981_grow-sweet-basil.html

I'd like to grow sweet basil. I know the only place ' Royal project at Mae Rim'. Anyone could suggest other places around CM?

I had this problem a month ago. It's discussed here http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Buy-Seeds-an...-M-t251132.html

They sell tons of herbs at the big market behind the north Lotus. There's a google earth marker attached to this post if you want to see the exact store I bought from on a map.

However, I am new at gardening and mine are struggling to grow. Any suggestions???

You can get great dirt at the same market I mentioned before for 100baht for 4 bags.

My basil lost all of its leaves and now it's coming back to life. I've got chili's going too and they've really taken off!