Thai Women To Work In Russia

Maigo6

This story came up tonight...

The woman in question will apparantly be one of twelve women going to Russia to work as caddies, she doesn't even have to go to the Russian Embassy to get a visa as a Thai agent is taking care of everything !

It sounds very fishy to me and I have advised the women to forget it, she cannot even speak English let alone Russian.....

She has previously paid 20,000 Baht up front to these people who appear to be arranging everything, at first it was meant to be going to Poland to pick fruit, now the people have changed it to Russia.

I really think it's women trafficking, anybody have any knowledge of this ?

She is supposed to get her Visa on the 29th and fly out on the 3rd of next month.

She has been told she will earn 40,000 Baht per Month. Personally I don't believe it, does anybody here have any true stories that will convince me 100% that it's certainly a con. I'm already leaning that way with a 95% feeling it's dodgy.

No stupid remarks please, this girl is not a Bar worker or sex worker of any kind, and never has been, ( That's before the TV slating of her can begin with speculation.)

BTW, 2 people, a Thai man and Thai women are the recruiters.

Edited by Maigo6

I can state with near certainty this is a scam and a rather common one employed by Thai's against Thai's. I learned about this in my Thai language class. It usually goes just as you have reported, some dubious overseas occupation is offered and the visa seeker must pay a lot up front. In most cases no visa is issued and the so called agents disappear to the next town. If the visa does show up the usual outcome is to have the passport thrown away and to become a sex slave and maybe even for the person to be killed.

As you can see the outcomes are often extremely negative however the woman probably has rubles and adventure dancing in her mind and you may not be able to talk her out of it. I hope you talk some sense in to her as Thai's can be a bit stubborn and naive sometimes but if it's not a close relative or friend I would advise her against going then step aside.

Edited by wasabi

Any knowledge of this? Yes, I traffic women all the time and this is how we do it.

But really, it could definitely be one of those stories where they lock her up in a brothel as we see those stories in the news all the time of this happening. And it's often Thai people recruiting and happily reaping the profits from their evils. Easier for 'em to trust the person.

I have no idea of the odds of this being this kind of operation or not, but to be on the safe side, I'd say she just part with the money and stay here. There's no way you can be 100% certain of it being a dodgy kind of deal. It may be only 5% chance, who knows? What really matters is unwaranted risk and she should 100% stay because she has no idea what she's getting into, and it's her life at stake.

It sounds very questionable to me

Russians are renouned woman sex traffickers, though mostly outbound. If you have any of the details of the hiring party, you might check with Miramed or the Angel Coalition who both work to combat Russian sex trafficking. Even if I were given assurances it was legit, I'm not sure I could believe that.

Looking at the OP and posts, I do feel she will either:

1/ Not see the Thai people arranging this 'deal', not receive any Visa and be left in Thailand, expensive mistake.

....OR

2/ Be taken to Russia to work as a Sex Slave for life.

I truly hope she sees sense, Russia is frozen and under Snow for a lot 6-7 months a year = No Golf. :)

There are hardly any courses due to the climate but seems they are building more.

http

://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/worl...icle629157.ece

How about ringing the Russian Embassy? Someone there might know what's going on.

Edited by jeffer

12 female Thai caddies in Russia, and apparently no concern over language skills. Lots of stuff doesn't sound right about that, including you want caddies to be tall enough/heavy enough to handle the bags You also expect the caddy to be a golfer, which she is/isn't?? and to be able to tell you things about the course.

Clearly you could find locals who would be better qualified caddies. So that would mean they're really there because they're Thai females.

Another aspect. Let's say she could caddy 4 rounds a day, 30 days each month with no days off. That's 120 rounds of golf. 40,000/120 = 333 baht per round. So the course is going to pay almost US$10 per round of golf to the caddy. On top of that they're I guess going to cover lodging and food.

There's that ever so tiny chance that some golf course(s) has come up with some gimmick caddy thing where they have attractive female caddies or maybe two of their caddies are and the rest regular. But a tiny chance.

Thanks for the responses guys,

She has already paid 20,000 Baht to these people, it has to be a scam, I will advise her to ask for her money back, I seriously doubt she will get anything back though.

20,000 Baht lesson learnt, not small change to her either.

Maybe she should arrange to still meet these people in Bangkok next week, and turn up for the appointment with the Police. :)

Thanks again guys.

In the Thai embassy compound in Dubai they had temp tents set up in the back yard for Thai's that had been duped by Thai's back home. They are promised huge salaries only to find there are no jobs for them when they arrive.

My wife and other Thai wives of farang expats used to go there every month and take food and grocerys.

When they try to go home on their return ticket they find that it is not valid. On the E-ticket it has a 1 year return date but in actual fact it is a one way!

Apparantly there is a government campaign under way to try and stop this scam. Not sure if this is true or not.

The woman in question will apparantly be one of twelve women going to Russia to work as caddies, she doesn't even have to go to the Russian Embassy to get a visa as a Thai agent is taking care of everything !

It sounds very fishy to me and I have advised the women to forget it, she cannot even speak English let alone Russian.....

She has previously paid 20,000 Baht up front to these people who appear to be arranging everything, at first it was meant to be going to Poland to pick fruit, now the people have changed it to Russia.

She is supposed to get her Visa on the 29th and fly out on the 3rd of next month.

She has been told she will earn 40,000 Baht per Month. Personally I don't believe it, does anybody here have any true stories that will convince me 100% that it's certainly a con. I'm already leaning that way with a 95% feeling it's dodgy.

No stupid remarks please, this girl is not a Bar worker or sex worker of any kind, and never has been, ( That's before the TV slating of her can begin with speculation.)

Why go to polan to pick fruit, when all the polish fruitpickers go to sweden norway because there are no work i poland, and a girl from korat did the same and stayed there 3 year before she managed to escape with help from som people and the embassy, the russians are well known to be human traffickers

Thats just a ridiculous story. Sometimes Thai people are so naive and have no understanding of anything outside of Thailand.

Woman exported to Russia/Poland when these countries have an abundance of good looking woman for cheap labour. In my experiences of working with both of these nationalities they are very nationalistic and racist so i can hardly see them wanting to use Asians (only in brothels)

My Thai Mrs started to fill out one of those flash up Green Card to America things because she wanted to travel there! Now my Mrs aint dumb and she has travelled around the World but sometimes the naivety and lack of external knowledge outside of Thailand amazes me.

Picking fruit in Poland OMG! Thats cause all the Poles are in England picking fruit! :)

Tell her to go and pick fruit in OZ as part of the backpacker scene...at least that is real

SCAM SCAM SCAM ! tell her to get her money back NOW !

Maigo you might want to fire off an email to the Pavena Foundation

Hat's off to you for caring.

As mentioned above, the gullibility of some people is an issue, but the real problem is criminality, corruption and the willingness of people to look the other way and ignore 'gullible' people walking into a hideous trap.

If you are going to talk to the women herself, you might also talk to other Thais who have influence over her (like her friends and family).

And be careful - She's a commodity in a lucrative trade, you almost certainly will be seen by the trafficker as someone stealing their stock.

She has already paid 20,000 Baht to these people, it has to be a scam, I will advise her to ask for her money back, I seriously doubt she will get anything back though.

Maybe she should arrange to still meet these people in Bangkok next week, and turn up for the appointment with the Police. :)

Thanks again guys.

Thanks again guys.

We are really going to have fix this problem you have with typing, aren't we Baz.

Good luck Maigo, it sounds very dodgy and I hope you can persuade her to do the right thing.

I find it hard to believe a Thai woman would even think about going to Russia like that, much less paying to go.

Exactly, smells fishy to me.

If she wants to caddy, she can do it right here in Thailand :)

This couldn't possibly be legit. Apart from all the other points raised here there is the question of a work permit or visa of some kind. No way she would get a work permit to carry golf clubs. Russia is getting strickter on the issue of visas now.

Business visa which are easier to come by have a 90 day policy. 90 days in and then you must leave for 90 days before being able to retun again.

Contact the Russian embassy on Thanon Saap (off Surawonse Rd.) I have always found them helpfull.

I would imagine the 20,000 is the agents commision, they get to keep it even if she doesn't go.

Problem is, if they are getting her a Visa, that means they must have her passport, do Thais need a Visa for Russia, I don't know ?

It's difficult to know exactly what's going on as I am not in the country at the moment, I got the story by phone.

Problem is, the woman has an aunt who has just moved back to the village, and she told her that if she didn't go to Russia she could always go to Canada, <deleted>, it cannot be that easy!

So I am now thinking that the aunt is in on the recruiting too, the aunt was overseas for many years, working in Korea, Taiwan etc, doing what I have no idea.

It canot be easy to get 12 Thai women visas for any country, unless the staff at the embassy are also being paid... maybe the 20,000 Baht she had to give ?

This is getting complicated, the womans mother does not want her to go, my missus told her not to go and that she would call me and ask advice, I then made a post here to really confirm that my suspicions were not unfounded and that it is a trafficking situation.

I have been doing a lot of research online since last night, it's absolutely unbelievable how widespread people trafficking is, people are sold at auctions like cattle, I know Japan had a huge problem with sex slaves from Thailand and Philipines some years ago.. Now it seems that many Chinese girls are in Japan, as well as Russian girls.

The worldwide trade is worth Billions of $$$ each year.

If this woman knew what she was getting herself into, like many of the girls who go to Singapore do, I would have no problem with it, up to her, thing is, this women has never had a boyfriend before !!!!

She's probably 23 - 24 years old.

Anyway, I'll post an update later after I have called my missus..

This couldn't possibly be legit. Apart from all the other points raised here there is the question of a work permit or visa of some kind. No way she would get a work permit to carry golf clubs. Russia is getting strickter on the issue of visas now.

Business visa which are easier to come by have a 90 day policy. 90 days in and then you must leave for 90 days before being able to retun again.

Contact the Russian embassy on Thanon Saap (off Surawonse Rd.) I have always found them helpfull.

Thanks RussianRobert, I must have been typing when you had already posted.

I think I am gonna advise her to give it up and stay in Thailand.

I'll let you all know what happens in this case, thanks to all for responding.

Edited by Maigo6

Scam, scam, scam.

I had to look at the date of your post because I remember a couple of similar threads from foreign guys asking about similar 'job offers' that Thai women they knew had been received.

I don't remember any specific true stories but what you described is a common trafficking setup around the world. Do a Google search of this site alone and you'll find a number of threads discussing it.

OK guy's just heard today, the woman involved did not go through with it and is now back in Bangkok working at a company for 8 - 10,000 Baht per rmonth, if she'll get her 20,000 Baht back I have no idea at this time.

Not sure if you have talked them out of it yet Maigo, but I was watching Bloomberg and they were saying unemployment there was 10% last month.

That in itself has to serve as a warning.

she will be a sex worker after all this is done!

mr maigo u a smart man , u really need advice on this?

ps the people who take advantage the most of poor thais r thais. not the farang sex tourist!

Edited by piglet373

No doubt the recruiters ware hoping to impress the slavs of the frigid north how good Thai ladies are at handling sticks & poles. I hope the ladies are prepared for "other duties as required". If I was a Thai lady, I wouldn't touch the job with a 10 ft pole (no pun intended).