Steel Cut Oats

I'm looking for steel cut oats, sometimes called Irish oatmeal. I've exhausted the supply I brought with me and I haven't seen them anywhere. Does anyone know where I can get them, or maybe I can ship a 20kg bag to Thailand from abroad?

I'm looking for steel cut oats, sometimes called Irish oatmeal. I've exhausted the supply I brought with me and I haven't seen them anywhere. Does anyone know where I can get them, or maybe I can ship a 20kg bag to Thailand from abroad?

What is different from normal oatmeal ? I buy that at the Tesco Lotus.. there are 2 kinds one with whole leafs and one where the leafs are crusheshed / cut

What is different from normal oatmeal ? I buy that at the Tesco Lotus.. there are 2 kinds one with whole leafs and one where the leafs are crusheshed / cut

Steel-cut oats are grains which are cut two or three times.  They are not the flakes.  The taste is perhaps a little more wholesome or nutty.

I can see why some people would like them better, but I am just as happy with the regular rolled oats.

A previous thread on steel cut oats included a suggestion to go (in BKK) to Central World's grocery store or Central ChidLom's grocery store. I've been to both....neither one carries steel oats anymore. Please keep the suggestions coming if you know of a source in Bangkok.

CHEERS!

D

A previous thread on steel cut oats included a suggestion to go (in BKK) to Central World's grocery store or Central ChidLom's grocery store. I've been to both....neither one carries steel oats anymore. Please keep the suggestions coming if you know of a source in Bangkok.

CHEERS!

D

I just came back from the grocery in Central World, no have. Next time I go to Europe or USA I am bringing back the max allowed luggage-wise. I think ordering a case and importing it is going to be a huge pain.

And no, steel cut oats are different from most oatmeal you see in the store, which is pressed oats, or even worse, par-cooked pressed oats (instant oatmeal)...blah.

• 2 weeks later...