Fancy Restaurants?

CanadianBacon

Howdy all, well im looking for a nice 5 star type restaurant in bkk for my return dinner with the lady, just wondering if yall had any recomendations for good ones with nice atmospheres?

ive heard good things about the 3 in the banyan tree, but never tried them myself! but i reckon vertigos a bit iffy since ill be back in june, and it might rain?

Howdy all, well im looking for a nice 5 star type restaurant in bkk for my return dinner with the lady, just wondering if yall had any recomendations for good ones with nice atmospheres?

ive heard good things about the 3 in the banyan tree, but never tried them myself! but i reckon vertigos a bit iffy since ill be back in june, and it might rain?

One of the nicest places I had a meal was the Sheraton Grande Hotel on Sukhumvit near Asok, nice lighting and atmos', prices wern't too bad either, well except for the wine! (cheapest bottle 2000B), plus when you finished eating you can just walk to the lounge area a few steps away and you can smoke there and have another bottle of wine if you want! :o

Just had a google and it's called 'The Orchid Cafe' but they've got quite a selection of resturants there, go here and you can see a virtual tour of them all.

• 3 weeks later...

I recommend Le Banyan on Sukhumvit Soi 8. Exceptional French restaurant - about 900 meters in from Sukhumvit, on left (with your back to Sukhumvit). Pricey, but outstanding service, elegant ambiance, and great food.

See: www.le-banyan.com

I used to live in a condo building next door to this place.

Cheers!

Steve

Indo-Siam

I used to work for the Sheraton and all of the outlets there are good to eat. The Orchid Cafe buffet is great, one of th best i have been to although the one at the Banyah tree is also good.

V9 in the Sofitel Silom is also worth a visit. Of all the hotel hangouts this one is the best in my opinion. Great location, nice decor and atmosphere too. The wine is supplied by a company called the Wine Connection and they have a fantastic range there...

• 1 month later...

I have had two clients over from the UK so night time I have been ‘entertaining’!!

No need to go onto the Soi 33 & Cowboy stories right now, I will wait for a more opportune moment :o

Anyway, along with my boss we took them to Vertigo for a dinner. For those who do not know, it’s a roof top (60 floors up) open-air restaurant in BKK

It was quite expensive 20,000 Baht, 4 x 4 course meals, 2 bottles of wine, food good, service very good and the atmosphere excellent.

I would recommend this restaurant for anyone who needs to ‘treat’ special clients of friends.