Parking For Event At Landmark Hotel

triffid

I need to to go to BKK to attend an event at the Landmark from 3 to 5 pm immediately after which I want to leave BKK. I would be going by car.

Can someone tell me the quicker choice of the following?

1) drive to the Landmark and park there - bearing in mind the traffic, especially for a non bkk resident.

2) park somewhere else and taxi/bts to/from Landmark? (in this case please specify a suitable parking place).

Need to be leaving in two days.

Many thanks in advance.

Edited by triffid

I'm sure that when we stayed at the Landmark here is some parking underneath the hotel ? try giving them a call and asking.I know the mini bus we ordered to take us to HH parked there for 4 hours no problem. :)

Park in the Landmark Hotel carpark. The hotel is only about 700 metres from the tollway near Soi 1. Whilst there will be some traffic, it won't be horrendous if you can hit the road by 5:30pm.

Thank you very much for those suggestions. If a suitable tollway for my exit at rush hour is less than a km from the Landmark then I may as well park there. I presume this tollway is a ring road which will allow me to swing around the city - for my exit towards Si Racha.

I also presume my approach to the hotel (at around 2/2.30) will be as easy - by the same tollway? I'd be coming from the direction of Saraburi. It would be helpful to know which exit I should take to bring me to the Landmark.

The suggestion of parking at Hualompong seems a good alternative too if it's bang on the expressway. But is there a direct connexion to Nana/Landmark, and would it be quicker than ploughing on by car to the Landmark car park?

I assume the Landmark car park doesn't get full up! If it is, I gather Bumrumgrad is my fall back?

Or perhaps Hualonpong never gets full up!

The permutations are many. I'd better aim to get to Bkk earlier in the day!

I need to to go to BKK to attend an event at the Landmark from 3 to 5 pm immediately after which I want to leave BKK. I would be going by car.

Can someone tell me the quicker choice of the following?

1) drive to the Landmark and park there - bearing in mind the traffic, especially for a non bkk resident.

2) park somewhere else and taxi/bts to/from Landmark? (in this case please specify a suitable parking place).

Need to be leaving in two days.

Many thanks in advance.

Take the Highway to the Suk turnoff

What about Food Land also on Soi 5 but when your coming out you have to go down to out from Soi 5 onto soi 7 then back noto Soi 11 you are then taken to Soi 3 which then brings you back onto Highway

It is really better getting the BTS or MRT to your desitation at that time of the bad.

Thank you very much for those suggestions. If a suitable tollway for my exit at rush hour is less than a km from the Landmark then I may as well park there. I presume this tollway is a ring road which will allow me to swing around the city - for my exit towards Si Racha.

I also presume my approach to the hotel (at around 2/2.30) will be as easy - by the same tollway? I'd be coming from the direction of Saraburi. It would be helpful to know which exit I should take to bring me to the Landmark.

The suggestion of parking at Hualompong seems a good alternative too if it's bang on the expressway. But is there a direct connexion to Nana/Landmark, and would it be quicker than ploughing on by car to the Landmark car park?

I assume the Landmark car park doesn't get full up! If it is, I gather Bumrumgrad is my fall back?

If you are coming from Saraburi and going to Sri-racha afterwards there is really no good place to park your car to access the BTS System.

Coming from Saraburi you should get on the Expressway at Rangsit (well, actually the elevated road that connects with the Expressway at Din Daeng).

Exit the Expressway at Ploenchit North – turn left on Sukhumvit and keep going until you find a place to U-turn.

Park at the Landmark Hotel.

Leaving the Landmark hotel there is no entry to the Expressway on Sukhumvit.

Turn left exiting the Hotel (well, you have no choice actually!)

Turn left onto Wireless Road, then left again on Rama IV.

Keep right and enter the Expressway at Klong Toey and follow the signs to Cholburi.

Best way I can think of but maybe others have better suggestions.

Patrick

Edited by p_brownstone

If you are coming from Saraburi and going to Sri-racha afterwards there is really no good place to park your car to access the BTS System.

Coming from Saraburi you should get on the Expressway at Rangsit (well, actually the elevated road that connects with the Expressway at Din Daeng).

Exit the Expressway at Ploenchit North – turn left on Sukhumvit and keep going until you find a place to U-turn.

The exit from the expresway is correct, except do not go all the way down and turn onto Sukhumvit. Before you get to Suk, cut throug the Ploenchit Center (marked as JW Marriot) to Soi 2, cut through the Raja Hotel Parking lot (20 baht) to Soi 4, turn right and take first soi on left which will take you to Soi 6. Then you can turn left onto Sukhumvit and get to Landmark.

Park at the Landmark Hotel.

Leaving the Landmark hotel there is no entry to the Expressway on Sukhumvit.

Turn left exiting the Hotel (well, you have no choice actually!)

Turn left onto Wireless Road, then left again on Rama IV.

Keep right and enter the Expressway at Klong Toey and follow the signs to Cholburi.

Turn left out of Landmark (indeed no choice) immediately get in far right line, at Soi 4 intersection bear to the right getting on the other side of median (there are two lanes of traffic on that side). You then can make right hand turn onto the expressway entrance, which will take you directly to Bangkok-Chonburi motorway and on to Sri Racha.

Best way I can think of but maybe others have better suggestions.

Patrick

Its a funny city to get around, but there are some short cuts.

TH

Edited by thaihome

Thank you for the further replies. I will settle down to read them again carefully with a map beside me.

As a PS, perhaps some helpful posters would also help me out on the question I posted on the Chatuchak thread not far from this one - regarding finding/parking etc. (I'll be going there on another day - soon)

Thank you for the further replies. I will settle down to read them again carefully with a map beside me.

As a PS, perhaps some helpful posters would also help me out on the question I posted on the Chatuchak thread not far from this one - regarding finding/parking etc. (I'll be going there on another day - soon)

I did.

You could park at Tesco Lotus next to OnNut BTS ,, then BTS to Nana for Landmark,,

Traffic around Nana and Asoke at 5 pm can be bad ,

I also suggest you use the Tesco Lotus at OnNut. You have the BTS stop right at Lotus plus you have access to the Chalong Rat Expressway on Sukhumvit Soi 50 which is the street in front of Lotus. Access to Expressway is only 100 meters from Lotus.

The Chalong Rat Expressway now extends all the way to Outer Ring Road East (Highway 9). So if coming from Sara Buri take the Outer Ring Road East till you get to the exit for Chalong Rat Expressway. Take this expressway till you get to Sukhumvit Soi 50 exit. When you come to Soi 50 go left and you will see Lotus about 100 meters away. Park in Lotus and take BTS to Nana.

Going to Si Racha you go back down Soi 50 100 meters and take the Chalong Rat Expressway goint east till you see the signs for airport. Follow them and you will be on Highway 7 which is headed for Pattaya and Chon Buri. Sorry don't remember name of exit for getting off of Chalong Rat expressway but if you follow airport signs you will be okay.

Edited by ballbreaker