Police Harrassment

milkycheese

Hello TV People,

What started as a motorbike helmet for 100 thb a time has now escalated to following me and stating where are your documents, 200thb.Have you registered at the local police station 200thb, if not. I dont even live there only go to visit missus sister.

Its harrassment fr money, and to be honest its all bullshit.

What can be done to stop this, is it worth gettting the legals to make them back off? :)

Hello TV People,

What started as a motorbike helmet for 100 thb a time has now escalated to following me and stating where are your documents, 200thb.Have you registered at the local police station 200thb, if not. I dont even live there only go to visit missus sister.

What can be done to stop this, is it worth gettting the legals to make them back off? :D

What can be done?

Don't break the law or cop the fines just like back home :)

The police are gangsters, don't think of them as actual police and you wont be so disgruntled. No, unless you like living dangerously there is no such thing as getting a lawyer to get them off your back. Causing them that kind of embarassment is a good way to land up in jail for an extended period or even dead.

Now as for your tickets. Sounds like you don't actually understand that you are breaking the law? You deserve to pay those 200 baht tickets, you are supposed to wear a helmet and you are supposed to carry your licence, even if its an expired licence from back home for another type of vehicle, I always show them my expired car licence and that has been sufficient. But you mention a ticket for registering with the police station? What like registering your dog? As falangs we are all supposed to be registered with the police? What do you mean? Never heard that one before.

Hello TV People,

What can be done to stop this, is it worth gettting the legals to make them back off? :)

Get a faster motorbike than their's and let them eat dust.

Hello TV People,

Have you p*ssed these policemen off in some way? Are you hanging out with weirdo people? Is your attitude in need of an overhaul?

I have never, ever known anyone to have to register at the local police station here.

Apart from the odd speeding ticket I have never had a problem with the BiB. Many are friendly and I have even had them buy me drinks and food in restaurants. offers of help have also been given. So I do wonder why you are getting this harsher treatment. Maybe you need to look at why? Maybe not you but maybe the people you are associating with?

What can be done to stop this, is it worth gettting the legals to make them back off? :D

Best thing for you is to remember it is a Big Mac meal nothing more.

You broke the law ....didn't even have to go to court & all it cost you was a big mac meal.

We should all be so lucky.

Here in the US you get stopped for no seat belt & it is 3000 Baht & some time spent sorting it. Speeding is more like 7000 baht & then your insurance will go up at least that amount for the next 5 years,

Your doing fine :)

I was in a bar a few nights ago and this farang out of the blue starts screaming at the top of his lungs "I am from Australia and f u

fn people!" and on and on for 5 mins. There was a cop across the soi that just watched him. Eventually his tee rak pulls him out of

the bar. In the US the guy would have been taken to the ground by the cops and beaten, spent the weekend in jail, court, huge

fines, probation.

200 THB is the standard charge, you were lucky to get the 100 THB before

I stopped giving money to the offices. As a principal, even if it cost me more. Quite often they just let go and don’t bother me anymore. When especially they ask for money and then I say no give me a ticket

I was in a bar a few nights ago and this farang out of the blue starts screaming at the top of his lungs "I am from Australia and f u

fn people!" and on and on for 5 mins. There was a cop across the soi that just watched him. Eventually his tee rak pulls him out of

the bar. In the US the guy would have been taken to the ground by the cops and beaten, spent the weekend in jail, court, huge

fines, probation.

Thats a true blue Aussie for you, alo tof them when drunk act like wanks.

If a lebanese guy when to Australia and did the same, there probably be a riot.

....oh wait

fines, probation.

Makes you wonder which is the real 3rd world country.