Transport To Koh Chang

steveweaver99

I have not done this exact trip myself, so this is an educated guess:

I think that unless you want to return to Bangkok, you are going to have to go from Pattaya - Rayong - Chantaburi - Trat, changing buses at each place. This would not be as bad as it sounds, local bus service in Thailand is very frequent, from about 6:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.

From Trat, you need to take a songthaew (pick-up truck with bench seating in the back) to Laem Ngop, then a ferry to Gaw Chang.

This part may be dated information, so my apologies if the situation has been corrected: I have heard reports of unscrupulous Thai's, with an official looking stand set up on the pier at Laem Ngop, selling farangs "boat tickets" which are either greatly inflated in price, if not completely worthless. Watch whatever the Thai people making the trip are doing, and do the same as them. I am sure that you can buy your ticket at the last second as you board the boat. It is rush seating, with no reservation required.

The easy way is to get on a bus direct to Trat, 7.45am (4-5 hours) and others throughout the day from Sukhumvit Road, (About 180 Baht) (not North Bus Terminal) ...once at Trat NEW bus terminal (note they do no longer drop off in Trat town) there are air con mini buses to Koh Chang ferry (110 Baht)...the ferries are never full this time of the year...I did this trip 3 weeks ago.

Best

Paul

Edited by Pdavies99