Where Is There A Kindergarten Near Night Bazaar?

vvvaaa

Anybody knows about a good kindergarten near night bazaar. (2 year old.) What are the options?

Two years old? Jeez that's not kindergarten...day care, maybe.

I just made a search on google to see if it was just me that misunderstand the word kindergarten and what I find was that they start in kindergarten when they are 2-4 years old (the most recommended 3 years)

My kit is 3 year 8 months from now, and I will like to hear if anybody has good experience with a kindergarten in Chiang Mai (prefer if near night bazaar but not a must.)

from what i've come to understand, no real kindergarten is supposed to accept kids under 3, but it's often overlooked, i think.

my 4 year old goes to Anuban Suan Dek. It's on Charoen Prathet road past Sacred Heart and Montfort schools, right at the corner of the Mengrai bridge near Rajavej Hospital. Not so so far from the Night Bazaar. It's a Thai kindergarten, which means I really have to work on the English speaking at home, but other than that it's pretty good, I think. About 11,000 baht per term. They're accepting applications now for the next school year.

from what i've come to understand, no real kindergarten is supposed to accept kids under 3, but it's often overlooked, i think. 

my 4 year old goes to Anuban Suan Dek. It's on Charoen Prathet road past Sacred Heart and Montfort schools, right at the corner of the Mengrai bridge near Rajavej Hospital.  Not so so far from the Night Bazaar.  It's a Thai kindergarten, which means I really have to work on the English speaking at home, but other than that it's pretty good, I think.  About 11,000 baht per term.  They're accepting applications now for the next school year.

Thanks a lot for your answer. I will go visit them. Cut you Tell a little about what they are doing, doing the day? What they try to learn the kids? How they follow-up if there are any problems?

Anybody else? Thai or English speaking kindergarten is ok.

What they do.... every week they send home a pamphlet telling us what each class will be studying in the coming week in each subject. so they study thai, english, numbers, physical education, and they play. my son has been to the zoo, wat u-mong, borsang umbrella village, swimming, and other kid-friendly places with them.

The teachers seem really nice and really patient, considering they have to deal with classes of kids who have likely been tam jaied by their parents for most of their lives.

We haven't had any major problems at school, other than the odd bumps and bruises that kids come home with, and a teacher has always met with us after school to tell us how it happened and how they treated it. Every week they send home a book that tells us how our son behaved at school that week and we have to fill it out and let his teachers know how he behaved at home as well. I find it useful to see the difference between his home and school habits.

I'm quite happy with this school.

I think the school that ferd54 is talking about must be Wachirawit (spelling?) school. I know a teacher there and he says horrible things about the administration and behaviour problems of some of the kids. They're always looking for teachers, which is generally a bad sign. But further down Chang Klan is Wichai Wittaya. They've got a bilingual kindy. It's pretty good, I think, and they've got a native English speaker working in each classroom all day. It's considerably more expensive than where we send our son, but I dont feel I need to pay extra for him to spend his day with a native English speaker when he speaks English fluently anyway.

Any other questions, feel free to ask here on the forum or to PM me.

Cheers