Car Full Of English Tourists Shot At During Case Of Suspected Road Rage.

cuddleypete

Just after 5am on Wednesday Morning, Police Lieutenant Colonel Tawatshai from Pattaya Police Station was called to the Sukumvit Road close to the South Pattaya intersection to investigate the aftermath of a shooting incident which thankfully did not injure anyone. At the scene, Police spoke with Khun Goson aged 34, the owner of a Silver Mitsubishi Triton pick-up which had sustained damage during the shooting. Inside the truck were two of his English friends. They were returning to Soi Kow Tha Low following a night out on Walking Street, and according to Khun Goson, two pick-ups approached at a high rate of speed as Khun Goson was attempting to cross the Sukumvit Road at a nearby u-turn junction. It appears that Khun Goson, misjudged their high rate of speed and as he pulled out, one of the pick-ups was forced to swerve to avoid a collision. One of the fast moving vehicles, a Bronze Toyota Tiger then slowed and the driver leant out the window and fired in the direction of Khun Goson’s vehicle a total of three times. One of the shots hit the vehicle leaving the occupants shaken but unhurt. Police are now checking Security Cameras positioned along the Sukumvit Road at this time as they attempt to locate and arrest the shooter.

5am in the morning, returning from a night out in Walking Street ??? He misjudged the speed of the approaching vehicles ! I wonder why ?

Still not enough reason to get shot at.

Actually the Thais are usually good natured about traffic mistakes. Sure, they will pull out in front of you without looking but I've messed up too and they usually don't even beep the horn (maybe they didn't see me and "missed" by accident-scary thought...)

But, IMHO, I have observed a recent trend of the Thais being a bit short with each other and this intolerance will extend to driving. For the most part the Thais are still non-confrontational but when they do disagree, take cover!

Edited by Lancelot