Uk Marriage Visa.

Hi,

Trying to find out about the situation with UK marriage visas. If my husband comes to the UK on this visa can he leave for holidays during the 1st 2 years or do we have to stay there the whole time? I have family in Portugal so would like to be able to take holidays there with my husband. If he can leave is there a limit on the amount of time he can stay out of the UK?

He has come to the UK with me on 2 occasions with a visitor visa. We have been together for 3 years living in Thailand.

Thanks

Kate

What type of visa does he have? Is it a 2 year settlement visa?

If so, then yes, he can take holidays out of the UK.

There is no specific maximum time allowed out of the UK whilst living here with a 2 year settlement visa, but when his current visa expires and he wants to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain he will need to show that the UK is his main residence, difficult to do if he spends more time out of it than in!

When, or if, he later wishes to apply for British citizenship, then there is a time limit; no more than 270 days in the last three years with no more than 90 days in the final year.

Hi kate if your husband has a settlement visa then he can take hol's out off the uk.

And as 7by7 says There is no specific maximum time allowed out of the UK whilst living here with a 2 year settlement visa, but when his current visa expires and he wants to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain he will need to show that the UK is his main residence, difficult to do if he spends more time out of it than in!

When, or if, he later wishes to apply for British citizenship, then there is a time limit; no more than 270 days in the last three years with no more than 90 days in the final year.