Major outage reported by 3bb

I'm experiencing really bad buffering on almost every channel on my IPtv box. 3bb say an undersea cable has been severely damaged between Asia and Europe. Could be as a result of the crap going down in the middle east I guess. They say it could take weeks to fix.

Anyone else experiencing this?

• Agree 1

45 minutes ago, bradiston said:

I'm experiencing really bad buffering on almost every channel on my IPtv box. 3bb say an undersea cable has been severely damaged between Asia and Europe. Could be as a result of the crap going down in the middle east I guess. They say it could take weeks to fix.

Possibly related to this incident ... SG to Europe cable cut
https://status.digitalocean.com/incidents/21gg18q1ddmv

Edited by expat_4_life
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, bradiston said:

Can I ask what channel she's watching?

Some Chinese soap thing in the living room. Not a regular TV channel. One of the options on the free TV box 3BB provide. 

Before she took over and I retreated to my man cave, I was watching the news on TNN. Also no problem. We are in Petchabun.

27 minutes ago, elfpattaya said:

3BB seems to be working OK now.

Yes, it does with me too. I don't get why 3bb put out these wild stories then next day it's fixed. Sorry for the misinformation.

5 hours ago, bradiston said:

Yes, it does with me too. I don't get why 3bb put out these wild stories then next day it's fixed. Sorry for the misinformation.

Spoke too soon. Back to unwatchable on all channels, movies, sport whatever.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, bradiston said:

Yes, same issue. 3bb reckon it will take at least one month to fix.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, bradiston said:

same here, called them and got the same answer, they did advise trying a VPN, but I don't understand their recommendation, if the cable is damaged for regular connection it will/should be damaged while using VPN as well, am I missing something here

5 hours ago, elfpattaya said:

3BB seems to be working OK now.

no for me, still buffering and sometimes completely loose connection

12 minutes ago, bradiston said:

Spoke too soon. Back to unwatchable on all channels, movies, sport whatever.

been there done that 555 ... sometimes get lucky and it's works fine for about 5–10 minutes than back to buffering and disconnecting, happen last night, it's happening this morning same same no different, down again as I write

• Agree 1

Not noticing any problems with my 3BB fiber service today....

But I'm connecting via the U.S. and primarily accessing U.S. sources, so presumably those would be unaffected by a Singapore to Europe cable problem.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

13 minutes ago, surfinglife said:

got the same estimated time last night from their tech support team

My 3BB was perfect over the weekend, using NORD VPN I was able to watch both Manchester teams qualify for the Cup Final, and the Chinese Grand Prix. All as normal.

17 minutes ago, surfinglife said:

Using an NT (CAT as was) internet connection in Phetchabun, I have no end of trouble watching UK/US TV series' on an IPTV box, the rest of the family are watching Thai TV or playing games I'm the only one affected. Found out during a speed check NT are using a 3BB server in Nakhon Sawan as one of their connection hubs.

Have no trouble watching live channels from Australia.

1 minute ago, bubblegum said:

Same issue. The cable you talk about was broken months ago by an Hoetsie attack in the Persian gulf.

Yes, but since then they managed to keep the link up somehow, I guess by rerouting. Now, it's all gone to hell. This morning was good, but that collapsed later. I tried Nord on my box but could get nothing at all, using Hong Kong and the US.

18 minutes ago, bubblegum said:

Same issue. The cable you talk about was broken months ago by an Hoetsie attack in the Persian gulf.

HGC Global Communications, one of Hong Kong’s largest Wi-Fi providers, said that four of 15-plus submarine in the cables in the Red Sea had been cut, causing a “significant” disruption to an estimated quarter of traffic.

Among the networks affected is Asia-Africa-Europe 1 (AAE-1), a more than 15,500-mile cable system connecting South East Asia to Europe via Egypt.

"there is a backup plan if a cable gets destroyed. The majority of telecom companies around the world "rely on multiple undersea cable systems, allowing them to reroute traffic in the event of an outage to ensure uninterrupted service,"

Thailand has 8 submarine cables

There are now 8 international submarine cable systems landing in Thailand, and two new cables under construction:

CAT is the leading operator for international submarine cable sytems in Thailand, being the landing party in Thailand for FEA, SMW3, SMW4, AAG, APG, TIS and ADC, owns and operates five submarine cable landing stations including

the Sri Racha Cable Landing Station,

the Petchaburi Cable Landing Station,

the Songkhla Cable Landing Station,

the Satun Cable Landing Station, and

the Chumphon Cable Landing Station (now for domestic cable)

TOT is the landing party in Thailand for AAE-1 and operates cable landing stations in Satun and Songkhla.

My TOT internet is working without interruption since a long time, maybe there is a new problem which has arisen.

Edited by freeworld
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, freeworld said:

These kinds of suspect streaming services are notoriously unreliable. Who knows where they originate from.

https://torrentfreak.com/smart-iptv-app-blocked-by-isps-despite-it-carrying-zero-illegal-streams-240420/

It's not the streaming service, it's the fibre optic cables themselves that have been compromised. I guess it's been on the cards for a long time that some group or other would sever the links. Maybe starlink is the only answer.

3BB seems to be better this afternoon,

but a vpn to USA will fix most issues if you still have some,

using a vpn to london or frankfurt or paris will not help in this situation, you need your traffic to go via the US

20 minutes ago, MangoKorat said:

World Streams Pro box working fine in the UK. 3BB Fibre working fine in Thailand - I can view my security camerars without problems.

It seems to be up and down. But more down than up.