Kim Fletcher

bobrcb

I was in Pattaya at the beginning of January and found out that an old friend, Kim Fletcher, whom I have known since 1988, had left Shenanigans, and was about to open a new bar. Does anyone know whether it has opened yet, and if so, its name and location. I am back in Thailand in 2 weeks. Thanks.

Bobrcb

The new gin joint is called Jamesons Irish Pub (or very similar)and is located somewhere on the 3rd Road.(from info received)

Read a bit of a write up recently but no prisoners taken.

The old She -nags still there but with new manager :o

Try the pattayamail website,they seem to like him.I heard the new bar was expensive,and hard to find.

I am suprised bartender, that you seem to be so Knowlegable about Pattaya but think it is difficult to find a new pub that has been extensivly advertised on its location.

As regards been expensive- heresay or fact?? I found the prices a lot cheaper than Shenanigans and a lot friendlier as well. Although if 95Baht for a pint of Heineken in an air-cond pub with music, entertainment, sport and in a plesant setting is too expensive than keep away.

www.jamesons-pattaya.com is where you can get info and location.

Easiest way to fin Jamiesons is to go down second road following the one way route up to North Pattaya and just past Gregs Kitchen on the right hand side is a turning before Bangkok Bank. Go down there for about 500m and Jamiesons is there adjoining Nova Park apartments. Not exactly difficult to get too but you cannot see it from second Road. Can also access from 3 rd road and also Pattaya Klang down some back streets.

I had dinner there about 2 weeks ago - food was good and whilst not exactly cheap I thought it represented good value for money.

lemel

My comment was only on hearsay from a couple of guys that went there,so probably a bit harsh from me.

I will check it out this weekend sometime,and then give my own views.Kims a good operator,and a nice fellow, so it should be ok.

Lemel your a bit touchy are'nt you? :D

I know what Bartender is getting at, Unless your staying in the Novapark or near it then IMO Jamesons is in a very strange location which IS difficult to find for someone who is'nt too familiar with Pattaya.

I personally hate that soi especially late at night. :o

lemel

My comment was only on hearsay from a couple of guys that went there,so probably a bit harsh from me.

I will check it out this weekend sometime,and then give my own views.Kims a good operator,and a nice fellow, so it should be ok.

Well done Bartender! I am a firm believer in trying things for myself rather than listen to others gossip. I am sure you will have a great time. yes, Kim does seem like a nice guy the few times I have met him.

I know what Bartender is getting at, Unless your staying in the Novapark or near it then IMO Jamesons is in a very strange location which IS difficult to find for someone who is'nt too familiar with Pattaya.

I don't know about been touchy Dave???? Some of your replies about your bar have been a bit that way!!!

I agree the Soi is not the best but they have a secured carpark for those who do have cars and a there is transport available if you have had too much to drink and don't want to drive home. Alternativly there is motor bike taxis available as well. Talking of which, I am sure most taxis, now know where the Nova Park is located. It's not a location for passing walk in traffic but will like your bar have a expat local following who will frequent it.

:D

lemel

I'd agree about the soi but I suspect in 2 years time we will all be kicking ourselves that we did not open it there - freehold land, bound to be loads of newly built condo's and hotels in the immediatte walking distance and access from Klang, 3rd and 2nd roads with large car park. Valuable position, but have to wait a couple of years for it to come really good.

lemel

I'd agree about the soi but I suspect in 2 years time we will all be kicking ourselves that we did not open it there - freehold land, bound to be loads of newly built condo's and hotels in the immediatte walking distance and access from Klang, 3rd and 2nd roads with large car park. Valuable position, but have to wait a couple of years for it to come really good.

Agreed Digger !! things are defintly moving around there compared to 2-3 years ago!