21 New Cases Of Influenza 2009 In Pattaya

george

any information on which school ..

Yea, why are they so secretive about the name of the school - maybe the owners warned them off - too bad for business. Surely neighbours of the school have a right to know.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bloody Farangs coming here with your desease and destroying our tourists inductry.

I'm not going to insult you because it is probably against the rules of this esteemed Forum, but I deeply despise you and your unfathomable ignorance.

oh please lighten up just a little bit of tongue in cheek. I am farang but not a grumpy old man.

Actually, grumpy old woman would be more correct, would it not? (Recalling your previous posts)

you are sad!!! what is your problem no one to argue with today?

Post some useful advice that may help people ..=You are just scare mongering why? get a life..

No David tis not i doing the scare mongering. If you believe in taking your injections then thats all well and good but don't promote what you blindly believe to otheres by scaremongering.

I do know people like you, who love to get all their inocculations and vaccines - makes them feel safe and warm. Call me old fasioned - but I personally prefer not to stick known and unknown toxins into my body.

I know you can't relate to my point of view due to the syptomatic affects of your vaccines :)

Edited by deprogrammed

Bloody Farangs coming here with your desease and destroying our tourists inductry.

:)Hey Samong Noi,

How can you write such a stupid article? Pattaya was a recreation center for G.I.'s who needed a holiday from Vietnam. That's how all started. Statisticly seen is Burma 40 years behind Thailand, guess why? I'm working here since many years, and I left quite a lot of money in this country. Bloody Farangs? How can you have a tourist industrie without tourists? We've got a nice place here in Ubon it's called Si Maha Poh, time for you to get there.....

post-39518-1244714244_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sisaketmike

Thais don't need farangs or swine flu to destroy the turism industry, they do a pretty good job already closing airports and having stupid protests during Songkran :)

Anyway, let's hope the virus doesn't mutate to something more dangerous...

Have a nice day everyone...

Best short comment on your 1st paragraph.

This report from the Nation is just insane. Either the type of flu was edited out, or they are saying that these folks have the common flu or cold. Looks like another case of the hysterical media drones tripping up over themselves when trying to spread some more fear amongst the population, and to make a buck at the same time. I expect this bull crap to work in America, but not here...

The headline says 'Flu 2009' which surely refers to H1N1 ?

This report from the Nation is just insane. Either the type of flu was edited out, or they are saying that these folks have the common flu or cold. Looks like another case of the hysterical media drones tripping up over themselves when trying to spread some more fear amongst the population, and to make a buck at the same time. I expect this bull crap to work in America, but not here...

The headline says 'Flu 2009' which surely refers to H1N1 ?

Actually the mail sent by TV to members email addresses states 'swine flu outbreak in Pattaya'

What exactly happens to these people after they have been diagnosed with Swine Flu?

well, most people who have contracted it are most likely forced into secure medical units and pumped with highly toxic chemicals in the hope that the virus dies.

Rather than that, I just ordered 3 bottles of this patented product, check out the video evidence of how it irradicates Malaria, H1N1 and MRSA etc within 2-5 days!!!

Videos #6,#7 and #8 in particular are excellent.

http://www.supernaturalsilver.com/videos.htm

Not a Pandemic yet - but likely soon

From the Nation

St Gabriel School suspends all classes until next week afte more students infected by flu

St Gabriel School in Dusit District on Thursday suspends all classes for a week after five of their students were tested for the new strain of the influenza.

The school's administrators announced the decision to suspend all classes from June 12 to 18 through in-house radio in the school on Thursday afternoon.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/30104...ses-until-next-

30 new flu cases bring total to 46

By: BangkokPost.com

Published: 11/06/2009 at 01:33 PM The number of A(H1N1) influenza cases in Thailand has risen sharply to 46, with the confirmation on Thursday that 30 more people were infected with the virus - most of them in the resort city of Pattaya.

Public Health Minister Witthaya Kaewparadai said 21 new infections were confirmed in Pattaya. Another four were boys at Saint Gabriel's College in Bangkok, and the remaining five were people who were being monitored by health ministry officials.

After lab tests confirmed that four boys had contracted the virus, management of the school announced it would be closed for one week -- from Friday to next Thursday -- to prevent the spread of the virus and to clean the buildings. It will reopen next Friday.

Eleven people who were found to be infected in Pattaya were believed to have caught the virus at entertainment venues, he said.

Of the five people who were under watch, one was 20-year-old Briton who arrived from Cambodia on Tuesday., another a 23-year-old man who had developed a fever and a cough after returning from Singapore.

The third case was a 27-year-old woman returning from the United States and the fourth a construction worker who went to Suvarnabhumi airport to pick up his son who came back from the US.

The last case was the mother of a teenager who was found earlier to have the virus.

The spread of the flu has sparked alarm in Pattaya, where three Taiwanese visitors were first reported to have caught the virus while staying in Thailand. They were diagnosed on their return to Taiwan. Todays confirmation of 21 cases in the resort town added to the alarm.

On Thursday, three classes at the school were closed and the pupils toldto remain home after it was confirmed one student, an 11-year-old boy, had contracted the virus. He is the second case of human-to-human transmission confirmed in Thailand. He has not travelled out of the country.

Thirteen of the boy's classmates in Grade 6 have come down with flu symptoms. Lab tests have been completed on the samples of nine of them, four of which were tested positive for H1N1. The tests on four others had not been completed.

Mr Witthaya said 60 epidemiologists travelled to Pattaya to keep close watch on the patients there. All 21 patients had received anti-viral treatment.

He confirmed that no infections had yet been found in Phuket, where a Hong Kong man who holidayed there from last Thursday to Monday was reported to have fallen sick with the virus upon returning home.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/local/1458...0-new-flu-cases

The 90% of the tourism incomes are from FARANG tourists..so.. I think that your sentence make no sense.

Imagine a tourist industry just built on thai travelers..Mmmmmh..Don't think it would be a good business..

Are they giving any indication of WHICH disco?

Cases are rising, and if they don't give any indication which disco is the plan to wait until more and more people get sick and the thing goes further. Or are they going to let anyone know?

Edited by Thai at Heart

On a very serious note: Banglamung TV is reporting 30 or more people in Pattay found to have swine flu.

Also Thai girl has informed me that Thai TV is saying foriegn countrys are advising against travel to Thailand :)

<deleted> is going on here!!? There is no mention of swine flu or North American Flu anywere in the initial reports. H1N1 covers a lot of different influenza. This is common flu that people are testing positive for. If swine flu wasn't in the headlines now, this would never have been done or printed. Many people never even show symptoms with the common flu! Like the woman in the report. Now the TV media is incorectly reporting it as swine flu!! Oh dear..this is comming off the rails quickly!!! This reads like a bad sci-fi. Qucik, somebody smack some common sense into these people!!!! Officials and media alike!!!

Thais don't need farangs or swine flu to destroy the turism industry, they do a pretty good job already closing airports and having stupid protests during Songkran :)

Anyway, let's hope the virus doesn't mutate to something more dangerous...

Have a nice day everyone...

I just heard on the BBC, that it is unusual for people over the age of 57 to to contract this particular virus.

I figure that most of the Pattaya bar "clientle", can now breathe easy!

I'm not going to insult you because it is probably against the rules of this esteemed Forum, but I deeply despise you and your unfathomable ignorance.

oh please lighten up just a little bit of tongue in cheek. I am farang but not a grumpy old man.

marsteele. I understood your comment to be 100% satirical, but I knew there would be some that didn't get it lol.

Thailand found 21 new cases of Influenza 2009 in Pattaya

BANGKOK: -- Thailand on Thursday reported 21 new cases of the flu, all of them were discotheque staffs in Pattaya, Thai Public Health Minister Witthaya Kaewparadai said.

Among the 90 samples collected from people who worked in hotel and discotheques in Pattaya, 21 of them were confirmed to be positive to the flu.

The collection of the samples were conducted after two Taiwanese who visited Pattaya were found infected by the flu when they returned home.

"All 21 cases which were found positive to the flu were staffs of a discotheque in Pattaya," he said.

He also referred to a 11-year-old student of a private school who was infected by the flu although he had no record of travelling to a foreign country like other patients.

His school suspended their classes for three days, starting today, to find the source of the flu.

Witthaya said the investigation still continued and still could not find the source.

He added that the ministry is still waiting for lab results of the boy's 13 classmates.

"About 30 teachers of the school are scheduled to return to Bangkok next week from the United States. We will also observe them," he said.

Meanwhile five more cases of the flu were confirmed on Thursday afternoon, one of them was mother of the 11-year-old infected boy.

The mother had no symptom but lab test showed that she was positive to the flu.

Another patient had no record of travelling abroad but he picked up his son who returned from a foreign country at Suvarnabhumi Airport recently.

Two other cases were a man who just returned from Singapore and a woman who visited the US recently.

The fifth was a British man who was on his way to Cambodia and made a transit at Suvarnabhumi Airport. He was found high fever and running nose. He was admitted to a hospital and lab test showed he was infected by the flu.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2009-06-11

PM: 20 more flu cases in Pattaya

BANGKOK: -- Another 20 cases of A(H1N1) influenza have been found in the resort town of Pattaya, Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva said on Thursday.

The patients were all workers at entertainment places. All were now in the care of the Public Health Ministry, the prime minister said.

Health officials would examine people at major tourist attractions in both Pattaya and Phuket to get a more accurate number of how many people have so far caught the flu in Thailand.

On Wednesday, the Public Health Ministry put the number of confirmed flu cases at 16, after an 11-year-old 6th grade boy at a private school in Sam Sen area of Bangkok was found to have the flu virus.

The ministry ordered three classes at the school closed for three days and 13 other students from the school were placed under close watch after they showed flu-like symptoms.

The 11-year-old boy is the second case of human-to-human transmission confirmed in Thailand. He has not recently travelled out of the country, officials said.

postlogo.jpg

-- Bangkok Post 2009-06-11

Want more Thailand Breaking News faster?

Download Thaivisa combined Toolbar/News Ticker/Internet Radio Player:

http://toolbar.thaivisa.com

Well what do you expect, with humdreds of bargirls willing to bed every man and his dog!

Suggest you use a condom.

Pull it over your head before going to sleep, i guarantee you'll never get the flu again.

"How awsome would that be when a club has over 500 people and all are breathing the flue"

Not sure if you have been to Pattaya recently, but I think and 'disco' there would be lucky to have 5 guest from abroad.

Not sure if you are still drunk from the night before or do not understand what disco means!!!!

Insomnia is packed 7 nights per week-can not move around

Lucifers-packed 7 nights per week

Tony's half packed 7 nights per week

Marine- at least 200 after 2.30am 7 nights per week

Mixxx-almost full 7 night s per week

B52-Same as mix

Even some of the good gogo bars are full 7 nights per week

How do i know this? i live in Pattaya and out every night!

wow you get about live in pattaya and go in all those clubs everynight how do you do it idiot no body can be in two places at once , let alone 6+ night spots maybe you get pissed everynight and see double double

[quote name='Scubabuddha' date='2009-06-11 17:54:46' post='2798200'

<deleted> is going on here!!? There is no mention of swine flu or North American Flu anywere in the initial reports. H1N1 covers a lot of different influenza. This is common flu that people are testing positive for. If swine flu wasn't in the headlines now, this would never have been done or printed. Many people never even show symptoms with the common flu! Like the woman in the report. Now the TV media is incorectly reporting it as swine flu!! Oh dear..this is comming off the rails quickly!!! This reads like a bad sci-fi. Qucik, somebody smack some common sense into these people!!!! Officials and media alike!!!

Another one who pipes up after reading the last 2 posts! :)

Identified in several posts and news reports as H1N1.

Oh no a whole 141 deaths?

Be hysterical go stock up on Tamiflu and lock yourself up in your house. Live scared 24 hours a day..

Meanwhile I'll be enjoying myself and laughing my ass off at all of the idiotic hype surrounding this "pandemic"

You clearly don't understand the significance of it by the sounds of your post if you regard it as hype.

The death rate is almost of NO IMPORTANCE to the situation. Read that sentence again will you? Almost of NO IMPORTANCE. Advancing the point of the number of deaths takes away from the problem, and increases the likelihood of not understanding - which I believe is your case.

Serious flu outbreaks of unknown strains in the past have started out in the same fashion. The 1918 virus had a similar low mortality rate - until it mutated and spread through the world's population. Your point about the number of victims is almost irrelevant as it is the potential to mutate that is the worry.

The regular seasonal flu kills tens of thousands of people each year and those are the strains many have some immunity to. With H1N1 we have no immunity. So if it mutates into something worse, there is significant danger of massive loss of life.

Is it likely? Not highly, but for you to be "laughing you ass off" just illustrates your ignorance. Just because some people are not underestimating the potential, doesn't mean they are scared and hysterical.

PS - Sorry if my English is not great. I am not a native speaker.

WHO primarily bases 'pandemic' levels on spread & speed of transmission, not on rate of fatality and thus the 'pandemic' label is prone to misinterpretations.

The REALITY is the ongoing case-fatality for swine flu is just slightly higher than regular seasonal flu (approx 0.2 vs 0.1). Also, if the logical projection is correct that only 1 in 20 cases of swine flu gets reported (with most people recovered without even knowing they had swine flu), then the case-fatality rate dwindles even further.

OBESITY/PREGNANCY:

Researchers say the link between obesity and more severe swine flu may be explained by physical pressure on the lungs. Studies have shown that pregnant women are also at higher risk for serious influenza infection, especially in the third trimester, when the fetus and womb compress the lower parts of the lungs. This makes it harder to breathe deeply and cough forcefully; it may also alter blood flow in the chest. A similar thing may be occurring in severely overweight people, some experts speculated.

source:

www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/05/19/AR2009051902609.html?hpid=moreheadlines

YOUNG PEOPLE:

Preliminary studies of family transmission showed that when one member gets infected, the most likely to follow are those under 18, not parents or grandparents. The virus’s spread through the young has led to the closing of schools in infection hotspots–Japan is the most recent country to shut school doors–but most cases in young people have not been severe.

source:

www.nytimes.com/2009/05/19/health/policy/19guidance.html?_r=1&em

OLDER PERSONS:

It's speculated older persons whom have had exposure to various influenza over the years may have built up sufficient immunities to ward off the current strain of H1N1. This would also explain why young people are more susceptible. Regardless, for both young and old the case-fatality rate is thankfully minimal.

TAMIFLU:

Tamiflu has proven effective against H1N1 but some here have expressed concern about available stocks. It's good people are concerned- one assumes they're concerned enough to agree it's best to reserve stocks for real cases (if required, many don't) especially for kids, pregnant ladies and those who's obesity may complicate lung function if infected.

MUTATION?

There is always concern of a future deadlier mutation of course (since at least 1918 ongoing;) but until or IF a truly deadly mutation EVER happens in their lifetime, people should RELAX, take normal precautions, use proper hygiene and just get on with their lives.

"How awsome would that be when a club has over 500 people and all are breathing the flue"

Not sure if you have been to Pattaya recently, but I think and 'disco' there would be lucky to have 5 guest from abroad.

Not sure if you are still drunk from the night before or do not understand what disco means!!!!

Insomnia is packed 7 nights per week-can not move around

Lucifers-packed 7 nights per week

Tony's half packed 7 nights per week

Marine- at least 200 after 2.30am 7 nights per week

Mixxx-almost full 7 night s per week

B52-Same as mix

Even some of the good gogo bars are full 7 nights per week

How do i know this? i live in Pattaya and out every night!

wow you get about live in pattaya and go in all those clubs everynight how do you do it idiot no body can be in two places at once , let alone 6+ night spots maybe you get pissed everynight and see double double

Yeah i guess your turn for a brain cell insertion has not come yet, must be still waiting in the queue?!!!RETARD

Gogo bars open from 5-6pm until 2-3am

Lucifers, Tony's, Marine are right next door to each other and takes less then 1 min to walk from one to another.

B52 is on the way to Mixxx, so anyone with any brain cells understand that to pop into each one for a drink is not a rocket science, but a common sense-something that you obviously lack.

Insomnia is open untill 6-7am so not very hard to go there after all else shuts.

So once you do get some brain cells, may be you could do a smarter posting.

Oh no a whole 141 deaths?

Be hysterical go stock up on Tamiflu and lock yourself up in your house. Live scared 24 hours a day..

Meanwhile I'll be enjoying myself and laughing my ass off at all of the idiotic hype surrounding this "pandemic"

You clearly don't understand the significance of it by the sounds of your post if you regard it as hype.

The death rate is almost of NO IMPORTANCE to the situation. Read that sentence again will you? Almost of NO IMPORTANCE. Advancing the point of the number of deaths takes away from the problem, and increases the likelihood of not understanding - which I believe is your case.

Serious flu outbreaks of unknown strains in the past have started out in the same fashion. The 1918 virus had a similar low mortality rate - until it mutated and spread through the world's population. Your point about the number of victims is almost irrelevant as it is the potential to mutate that is the worry.

The regular seasonal flu kills tens of thousands of people each year and those are the strains many have some immunity to. With H1N1 we have no immunity. So if it mutates into something worse, there is significant danger of massive loss of life.

Is it likely? Not highly, but for you to be "laughing you ass off" just illustrates your ignorance. Just because some people are not underestimating the potential, doesn't mean they are scared and hysterical.

PS - Sorry if my English is not great. I am not a native speaker.

Crystal clear to me.........1918 was a long time ago and people have forgotten what happened. Thank you for bringing that up. And, yes, the possibility of it mutating into something we can't stop that is deadly is scary.

We have a deadly pandemic in play now: HIV/AIDS. But it is actually not easy to get because you have to have unsafe sex or use contaminated needles. Still, at least 65 million people have already been infected.

The thing that scares me about the Swine Flu is that it is an air-born virus (different from the blood-born HIV). So, it can spread much faster than HIV/AIDS. We are seeing how fast it can spread right now.

so now we all get paranoid about a bit of flu, in Pattaya??

Don't think to many people are paranoid mate and it's not this virus we have to worry about at the moment

But if and when it mutates and possibly mixes with H5N1 (endemic in Asia)

doubt that it will mix but agree H5N1 could mutate but I am not a virologist so wouldnt really know but as pointed out it is the general grasp of terminology and fear (or lack of grasp) that often creates the problem. How many people in the world died from malaria today and did it make the global headlines as did the flu status in australia?

:)

Well said! Millions of people die of malaria but that seems to be less important than people catching the flu. 141 have died of this flu so far. A child dies every thirty seconds of malaria. About 1 to 1.5 million people a year worldwide. If malaria became widespread an affected rich nations, I'm sure more money would be used to irradicate the disease.