Green Book

I have a friend who wants to sell me his Car, however it does not have any green book.

is there a way we can get the book.

He has had the car for 3 plus years.

Does the car have reg number?

If so, the owner of the car is the name in the green book/DMV computer. Or probably blue book. If the book is lost, the reg owner can require a new, sometimes done in 3 months.

Edit The name of the owner can be checked in policestation and DMV by providing VIN code.

Edited by katabeachbum

I have a friend who wants to sell me his Car, however it does not have any green book.

is there a way we can get the book.

Since it is a car, you need the blue book. Tell your friend to go to the local police station and file a report about losing the book. He will need his passport, a witness might be useful. With this report he got to go to the Land and Transportation Office and apply for a new blue book. It will take about 2-3 weeks, then the car must be presented for a checkup and the usual rub-off of the chassis number. Quite painless procedure, if you are not living too far from the office. And yes, he will have to prove his place of residency. The replacement book will be issued in his name and can be transferred in yours later. Good luck, hope it helps.