Is A Pop-across-&-turnaround Ok For Getting A O-a Ret Stamp?

My multientry O-A retirement visa expires in about 3 weeks (enter-before date) and I need to exit and return in order to get a new stamp for a year before that happens. It's a visa acquired in my home country, not retirement extension.

Unfortunately i am unable to get away for any period of time right now, so would like to do a border run to Sadao (the turn around via Malaysia border control kind) to get a new stamp if possible. Haven't done anything like a border run for years, so not sure what's the latest. Anyone know if this is OK, or do I have to be out for a few days at least? Can't see why it should be a problem, but I'd like to make sure?

Also, it's a multi entry, so I don't need to get an exit permit first?

Edited by OlRedEyes

My multientry O-A retirement visa expires in about 3 weeks (enter-before date) and I need to exit and return in order to get a new stamp for a year before that happens. It's a visa acquired in my home country, not retirement extension.

Unfortunately i am unable to get away for any period of time right now, so would like to do a border run to Sadao (the turn around via Malaysia border control kind) to get a new stamp if possible. Haven't done anything like a border run for years, so not sure what's the latest. Anyone know if this is OK, or do I have to be out for a few days at least? Can't see why it should be a problem, but I'd like to make sure?

Also, it's a multi entry, so I don't need to get an exit permit first?

Yes, all you need to do is leave Thailand, enter Malaysia, leave Malaysia again and reenter Thailand. No need to spend more than a few minutes in Malaysia if you don't want to.

Also, you definitely don't want to get a reentry permit before leaving. That would keep your current entry permit alive, and the whole point of you leaving is to get a new one year stamp.

Sophon

Just cross the border into Malaysia getting all the stamps and return is all you need to do. You can stay as long as you want or as short a time as want no problem. Just be sure you put your visa number on your arrival card and then double check that they gave you the correct date on your pemit to stay stamp.