5* Recomendation Bangkok

far2gud

Hi

Traveling to Bangkok soon for two night and was wondering if someone could recommend a good 5 star hotel for a group of three blokes in their mid/late twenty's.

Money is no object as we are only staying two days and would like somewhere central, close to the night life, classy with a decent bar/Restaurant. Looked at the Banyan tree, le meridien, shangri-la, sheraton and many others but just can't decide.

Thanks In advance :)

Edited by far2gud

Hi

Traveling to Bangkok soon for two night and was wondering if someone could recommend a good 5 star hotel for a group of three blokes in their mid/late twenty's.

Money is no object as we are only staying two days and would like somewhere central, close to the night life, classy with a decent bar/Restaurant. Looked at the Banyan tree, le meridien, shangri-la, sheraton and many others but just can't decide.

If by night life you mean meeting women of the night, Sheraton Sukhumvit or Westin Sukhumvit.

Hi

If you'd like to stick together, try the 3 Bedroom Executive Suite if you can stretch to it; http://www.centrepoint.com/grandecentrepoint/index2.html

I used the Two Bedroom Executive Suite. It was nice. We use the second bedroom as a dressing room.

If you'd each like you own one bedroom apartment or Studio, you can try one of their other properties according to your location.

I like my space. A 35 sq. m. room in a 5* hotel does not mean 5* to me. 100 sq. m. is a good start.

If by night life you mean meeting women of the night, Sheraton Sukhumvit or Westin Sukhumvit.

I meant nightlife as in pubs and clubs, but thanks for the tip anyway

Also check the JW Marriot at suk soi 2. They have about 10 restaurants and bars and are within walking distance to NEP. Around ฿8.000 I believe.

Marriot looks nice, I will check it out, are any on my list worth considering?

Hi

Thanks In advance smile.gif

If you'd like to stick together, try the 3 Bedroom Executive Suite if you can stretch to it;

I used the Two Bedroom Executive Suite. It was nice. We use the second bedroom as a dressing room.

If you'd each like you own one bedroom apartment or Studio, you can try one of their other properties according to your location.

I like my space. A 35 sq. m. room in a 5* hotel does not mean 5* to me. 100 sq. m. is a good start.

That place looks lovely, would probably consider it if we were staying longer, possibly a bit posh for our sort though to be honest.

Out of your choices, I would choose the Banyan Tree, but mainly because of Vertigo and the Moon bar: http://www.banyantree.com/bangkok/faciliti...ng/vertigo.html

Otherwise for 4500 baht you can take a 69 sq. m. Grand Suite at the aforementioned Centrepoint.

Lower Sukhumvit is some kind of slum. Fine to take a look, but you wouldn't want to live there.

Jaysus, I am more confused than ever, I think I will go with the Banyan Tree. Its only really somewhere to sleep as we will be out on the town most of the time anyway.

Thanks for all the replys, I hear Vertigo is class alright, might head up for a drink only as I hear the food is mega pricey even by western standards.

Edited by far2gud

Seriously, if you are not going to make use of the facilities, use your money elsewhere. I recommend you take a 45 sq. m. studio each at Centrepoint Silom for 2250 baht each or less.

Perfect location. Jump on a River Taxi to the Khaosan Road for 13 baht to party with backpackers or on the SkyTrain to Sukhumvit to drink with the Expats.

You've got the Oriental and Lebua's Sirocco nearby for stand out experiences.

Don't waste your cash on flash.

Lebua at State Tower. Great deals at the moment.

RAZZ

P.S. What "nightlife" are you after? It might help with suggestions.

Do you want to go drinking/clubbing in Khosan Road, Sukhumvit, RCA or Ratchada?

Edited by RAZZELL

Lebua at State Tower. Great deals at the moment.

RAZZ

P.S. What "nightlife" are you after? It might help with suggestions.

Do you want to go drinking/clubbing in Khosan Road, Sukhumvit, RCA or Ratchada?

The Lebua looks great, sirocco restauraunt and sky bar look class. We have never been to Bangkok before so not sure what area we want to be going out in, I suppose Sukhumvit if the hotel is close by and possibly Koa san road one of the nights. I am open to suggestions of course ,really looking for decent bars/clubs but not seedy places filled with Prozzys.

The Sherraton seems quite good, none of the suites are available the dates I want though. Would most places be willing to put an extra bed into a suite on arrival? most only seem to have two.

Basically if you stay in Lower Sukhumvit Road, you are 5 mins from Nana, Soi Cowboy, Soi 33 and a host of "working" girls.

But you are on the skytrain and can get to any places you want to go by taxi. BedSupperclub and Q Bar are here. But not all that "cool" anymore.

Personally, from the sound of it I'd think you'd enjoy somewhere a bit quieter (Riverside/Silom/Sathorn). Things to do in the daytime, river tours, Grand Palace etc

and in the evening you can always go and "have a look" at Patpong or get a short taxi ride to Khosan.

With regards to nightclubs, post in the Bangkok forum, there are younger and trendier guys than me...From memory, I believe a guy called CarlBkk is pretty clued up :)

If you want to see "students" and "travellers" (YAWN) go to Khosan.

If you want to meet "real" Thai people go to Ratchada or RCA. Have a look on:

http://www.bangkok.com/nightlife-areas/index.html

for an overview.

RAZZ

P.S. With Expedia you can book Lebua for £88 a night, for a riverside view room, with wi-fi and breakfast :D

Edited by RAZZELL

I am open to suggestions of course ,really looking for decent bars/clubs but not seedy places filled with Prozzys.

To be honest if you're a bloke you've got to go to Soi Cowboy and Nana for a laugh.

An hour or so in each is an experience...believe me :):D

RAZZ

Edited by RAZZELL

I'd like to recommend 2 other hotels nobody has mentioned so far:

- Grand Hyatt Erewan: It's within walking distance of a several big shopping centers (Central World, Siam Paragon etc) and a place

where many young people and young girls hang out: Siam Square.

It also has a great disco, "Spasso" and there the boy/girl ratio is about 30/70 (i.e. 70% girls), some semi-pros there, though.

- Four Seasons : It's just down the road from the Hyatt, probably among the best hotels in town. Nearby is a street with

many bars and restaurants (Lang Suan).

Both hotels have a Skytrain station practically in front of them, so easy access to other areas along Sukhumvit or Silom.

Well seing as you have been told where to go for nightlife, I will only comment on Sheraton which I think is very good, great service and facilities and has the added benefit that you can step right out on the skytrain.

Don't forget Cowboy for a few beers, even if you don't come for the 'Prozzies'.

www.tenfacebangkok.com

This place is AMAZING located real central but real quiet.

NOT quiet if you get one of the rooms facing the Expressway, which is directly behind Tenface. I recently had a friend staying there and stopped in to see the rooms. Very nicely done, but the noise from the Expressway was really awful. Tenface has floor to ceiling glass on the rooms and they used cheap, single plate glass. Just sitting and talking, the Expressway din was constantly there and really annoying. That's really not something you want when paying four or five star prices.

But as for a recommendation, here is one:

Conrad on Soi Ruamrudee currently has a promotion for "pay one night get one night free". That works out to about US$90/night and it's a very nice hotel indeed.

When in 5* I usually use the hotel rate as my daily spend in the hotel. No point if you are not going to use the facilities you are paying for. I see too many staying in 5* and then complaining about everything.

As for the room, a decent bed is better than unused floor space. NO need for size over such a short stay.

Nightlife ? really depends upon the OP. For sure they should give a night over the the sights but I bet if they hit NEP and Cowboy they'll be giving boring temples and palaces a wide berth.

I'd like to recommend 2 other hotels nobody has mentioned so far:

- Grand Hyatt Erewan: It's within walking distance of a several big shopping centers (Central World, Siam Paragon etc) and a place

where many young people and young girls hang out: Siam Square.

It also has a great disco, "Spasso" and there the boy/girl ratio is about 30/70 (i.e. 70% girls), some semi-pros there, though.

- Four Seasons : It's just down the road from the Hyatt, probably among the best hotels in town. Nearby is a street with

many bars and restaurants (Lang Suan).

Both hotels have a Skytrain station practically in front of them, so easy access to other areas along Sukhumvit or Silom.

And another ... Conrad Bangkok on Wireless Rd, five min walk to Ploen Chit sky train. Can be booked online and have also seen good rates on some of the travel websites. My favorite when in town. Excellent security, service and rooms. Great views from the upper floors.

Google for Dream Hotel.

Can't fault this place i stay there quite often with my brother when we are in town to party my brother is 26 and i'm 30 and we find in perfect for our needs

5 star but modern contempary boutique design and funky lighting make it a cool place to stay. personally i find the sheraton and the landmark a bit stuffy and old fasioned.

Free wireless in all of the rooms, good breakfast , 24 hour room service

The staff are mostly below 30 friendly with fantastic english and will be able to point you in the right direction regarding hip bars clubs to visit.

http://www.dreambkk.com

Hi

Recommend 'The Mandarn Oriental' Bangkok voted in top 15 hotels of the world !

Hi

Recommend 'The Mandarn Oriental' Bangkok voted in top 15 hotels of the world !

Did it. Preferred the two bedroom apartment at Centrepoint Silom.

Hi

Royal Orchid Sheraton Hotel. I got an executive suite, river view, seperate living room for THB 7450 (Less than 200 a night). Majestic is nice as well.