Any Real Hotel Deals In Pattaya?

Ulysses G.

As I have posted several times..I am still all for diana-oasis.com / diana-estate.com

They are very friendly, perfect location, fully equipped studios and even now very busy, this fact alone says enough with most other hotels being empty. Have a nice holiday. JL., NZ

All of the decent hotels that I have stayed at in Pattaya in recent years have RAISED their prices since last low season. Does anyone know any popular, convienient places that are giving real discounts this year?

That is a good question.......and it is amazing (Amazing Thailand) that it has to even be asked. Prices should have come down substantially by now. I guess the owners believe that they will recuperate their losses in the high season.

Unfortunately, I do not think that will happen this year. Books will go RED and businesses will go under. One wonders how much money these guys have stashed away in their secret foreign bank accounts?

Maybe they have so much money that they can afford to sit and do nothing for a very long time.......probably that is the case for many of the owners, individual or corporate.

Still, it seems odd policy.........why not make more money in the low season by lowering fees? At least you are making something and not having to fire as many workers.

As I have posted several times..I am still all for diana-oasis.com / diana-estate.com

They are very friendly, perfect location, fully equipped studios and even now very busy, this fact alone says enough with most other hotels being empty. Have a nice holiday. JL., NZ

Thank you. Have they lowered their price from last year (just curious)?

Not sure what their rate was last year but I stayed there a fortnight ago, rooms at 850b and 1000b a night.

I visit Pattaya every month and always looking for a good deal on hotel rooms. Seems to me very few hotels have reduced their prices, in fact most have put the rates up! Obviously using the Thai economics rule, not many customer so increase price :)

Best I have found is R-Con on Soi Bukhaow at 600b a night. Very nice, large rooms and price reduced from last year (was 790b/890b).

In fact this is the only hotel I have found that has actually reduced its rate from last year.

Not sure what their rate was last year but I stayed there a fortnight ago, rooms at 850b and 1000b a night.

I visit Pattaya every month and always looking for a good deal on hotel rooms. Seems to me very few hotels have reduced their prices, in fact most have put the rates up! Obviously using the Thai economics rule, not many customer so increase price :)

reduced its rate from last year.

The Diana Estate looks great. I just hate being so far from the main road (Beach Road 2), as getting a taxi home with "company" is quite inconvienient. I guess there is no free lunch - even during an major economic downturn. :D

Diana-oasis does indeed look nice BUT...

Whether you stay 1 day, 1 week or 1 month you must make a security deposit of 10,000bt, refundable if all is in order with the room when you leave. This is hidden away at the bottom of their rates page, and is not even mentioned when you make a booking.

I full understand the logic behind this, but it is a sizeable amount.

Whether you stay 1 day, 1 week or 1 month you must make a security deposit of 10,000bt, refundable if all is in order with the room when you leave. This is hidden away at the bottom of their rates page, and is not even mentioned when you make a booking.

I might need that cash for some floozy! :)

They are flexible on the deposit. I stayed for 4 nights the other week and they accepted a 4000b cash deposit.

Rooms are nice, staff very friendly, free wifi and swimming pools. But if its good value you are after and can do without the swimming pool, I think you will be hard pressed to beat R-con at 600b a night at the moment.

Yes, Meow the Lady manager is very nice and flexible with guests and deposits. I agree they need to get some deposit, most residence hotels ask for. I have been there several times already and never heard about any problems. Meow is not like other Thai managers, she is very friendly, helpful! I think she went through European training. I'd rather pay a couple hundred more but have a nice pool and all the services of the Estate!

Where in this world can you get a new studio with all included for less than 20 Euros? I am happy with this! JL.

They are flexible on the deposit. I stayed for 4 nights the other week and they accepted a 4000b cash deposit.

Rooms are nice, staff very friendly, free wifi and swimming pools. But if its good value you are after and can do without the swimming pool, I think you will be hard pressed to beat R-con at 600b a night at the moment.