Need To Find Isaan Thai Translators

a1falang

Writing systems for regional varieties of Thai aren't really standardized, so I'm not sure what kind of obstacles that will present.

Do you read/write Central Thai? There are all sorts of advertisements on the popular Thai web board sites for typing / translating / editing services on the cheap. Usually these are students who are looking to earn some pocket money. I've used typing services, and while the speed isn't fantastic, the quality is okay and the price is very cheap.

You're not going to find an ad for an Isaan-Thai translator, but I think you'd easily find typists / amateur translators who are native speakers of the Isaan languages you're interested in. It's probably less likely that you'll find someone able to do a good translation into English with this method. But getting the transcripts would at least be a start.

Hi Rikker. Yes, I can read central Thai to a reasonable level Which "popular Thai web board sites" do you recommend? If I at least got native Isaan speakers to type everything accurately first, that would be a great start!

• 1 month later...
I have some audio conversations that need to be first transcribed and then translated into English. How would I find someone qualified or a translation service in the area? Not much in Google.

in udon thani there is a shop just down from Oscars fish bowl i am sure the lady ther can do it for you sorry don't have the address but its down back into udon about 100 meteres near corner with the open ground where the december fair is held

i used her for tranlateing documents before audio should not be a problem

try asking steve at the irish clock udon thani :)

Hi Rikker. Yes, I can read central Thai to a reasonable level Which "popular Thai web board sites" do you recommend? If I at least got native Isaan speakers to type everything accurately first, that would be a great start!

Hey, sorry to be so slow. I was referring to sites like Pantip, Sanook, Mthai, which all have active classified boards for goods and services of all kinds, including translation.

http://jobservice.pantipmarket.com/index.php?grp3=12

This is the "language / interpreting" section of the Pantip market. Other sites have similar sections.

Hi expatudon08. Thanks for the directions, but I don't live in that part of Thailand and it's impossible for me to contact anyone without a phone number or e-mail address.

Rikker: Thanks for the suggestions. I have tried Pantip already with no luck, but will try those other places.

P.S. Have already had a few time-wasters. My needs are pretty clear.