F1 Track On Koh Samui

Wauw, that would be fun! Getting the Formula1 or even the MotoGP to Samui will probably be a bigger challenge than building the actual racetrack.

However, it would be a good moneymaker if it's managed like the racetracks in Europe (a good racetrack has events almost daily, renting a racetrack for 1 day costs between 5000 and 25000 euro, depending on the track!).

The only headache with every racetrack is people complaining about noise...

Samui could not handle the logistics vehicles needed to hold an F1 race never mind putting down a race track. I for one would love to see Thailand have a world class race track that could attract F1. It would bring in a lot of business to a country in need of it. I have been down the the Malaysian F1 4 times now and makes for a great long weekend. :)

hua hin to bangkok is quite nice as a race track:)

Samui could not handle the logistics vehicles needed to hold an F1 race never mind putting down a race track. I for one would love to see Thailand have a world class race track that could attract F1. It would bring in a lot of business to a country in need of it. I have been down the the Malaysian F1 4 times now and makes for a great long weekend.

there was some talk a while back of a Red Bull racing track on a 5,000 Rai site in Hui Hin..... and also the possibilty of one just north of phuket on a 2,000 Rai site ... but 2,000 Rai is the min needed

Samui could not handle the logistics vehicles needed to hold an F1 race never mind putting down a race track. I for one would love to see Thailand have a world class race track that could attract F1. It would bring in a lot of business to a country in need of it. I have been down the the Malaysian F1 4 times now and makes for a great long weekend.

there was some talk a while back of a Red Bull racing track on a 5,000 Rai site in Hui Hin..... and also the possibilty of one just north of phuket on a 2,000 Rai site ... but 2,000 Rai is the min needed

Hi

I can in fact confirm that this is true, my spy in FIA Paris HQ confirms that Mad Max is intent on having a GP there. He is not concerned about the size of the facility as he will only have 8 cars competing after the departure of the FOTA teams.

Apparently it will be called Circuit Thaksin after the illustrious Ex PM who has put up the readies. :)

TBWG :D

Hi

I can in fact confirm that this is true, my spy in FIA Paris HQ confirms that Mad Max is intent on having a GP there. He is not concerned about the size of the facility as he will only have 8 cars competing after the departure of the FOTA teams.

Apparently it will be called Circuit Thaksin after the illustrious Ex PM who has put up the readies. :)

Yes I can confirm that MAD MAX will be racing - There will be a launch party in the coming months so please stay tuned - Bernie Ecclestone will be arriving in the coming months to sign off on the track concept.

Hold onto your hats!

F1 is here to stay!

can this be true who heard it ,and where ,iam sure hes got nothing better to do in the evenings ,after practising ,training ,half way through a season ,than to scrible out an F1 track ,?more like a local dreamt up storie, to boost his land price,the stories i hear ,are boundless,like the bridge to the main land?what a joke,who would be brave enough to try it out .not i :):D

can this be true who heard it ,and where ,iam sure hes got nothing better to do in the evenings ,after practising ,training ,half way through a season ,than to scrible out an F1 track ,?more like a local dreamt up storie, to boost his land price,the stories i hear ,are boundless,like the bridge to the main land?what a joke,who would be brave enough to try it out .not i :):D

what about entrance fees ,20 baht for a thai ,and 20,000 for a farrang. the first and last F1 i went to in auss,i payed 100 bucks and they would not let you stand ,anywhere that had a view point ,i got squeezed between two containers and got a glimpes ,and was promply told to move on to somwhere that you couldnt see anything ,never again ,to expensive ,stick with the TV, monies to hard earn,t these days ,

This isnt a serious thread surely

It is.

By the way, a ski jumping committee is considering to include Samui in the World Cup Ski Jumping Tournee. A team came with their snow producing devices to inspect the Samui hills already and they were pleased by what they saw.

Edited by Birdman

Kaengkachan is where it is ....about 30 miles North of Hua Hin

This isnt a serious thread surely

It is.

By the way, a ski jumping committee is considering to include Samui in the World Cup Ski Jumping Tournee. A team came with their snow producing devices to inspect the Samui hills already and they were pleased by what they saw.

Yes - Winter Olympics Bid for 2028 - Cool Runnings Samui

And for all you doubters there will be an article pics of concepts appearing in the Samui Express next month.

:)

list of things that haven't happened in samui yet.

Marine park ?

Airport lipa noi ?

Dulwich school ?

Samui water park ?

This 1 is the funniest. Formular 1 race track ?

maybe more but can remeber off the top of my hat.

please feel free to add

Marine park ?

Airport lipa noi ?

Dulwich school ?

Samui water park ?

please feel free to add

Taxi's to use meters? :)

RAZZ

Marine park ?

Airport lipa noi ?

Dulwich school ?

Samui water park ?

please feel free to add

RAZZ

we need some hard man politicians here like Gov. Arnold. He'll be back!!

I've always thought a "burn run" from the turnoff for the Lamai beach road to just before the 90-degree turn at the other end would be a great drag strip race for motorbikes. I think that section is about 1.5km. Close the road for an evening and let 'er rip. You'd have speed, excitement, crashes, injuries, drunkenness, betting, bargirls and a winner -- what a great international event! hel_l of a lot more interesting than a regatta!

Marine park ?

Airport lipa noi ?

Dulwich school ?

Samui water park ?

please feel free to add

RAZZ

we need some hard man politicians here like Gov. Arnold. He'll be back!!

Didnt the water park ever evaporat...that Russian guy was well on target for getting it done

Hi

HOT NEWS LATEST

My mole in the FIA tells me that the New Manor Grand Prix team will in fact debut at the Inaugural Samui GP. They in fact have 2 drivers currently penned in for the debut.

They are that well know sailor come driver, Leon Solent and the first female GP pilot Wendy House.

I for one can't wait :)

Hi

HOT NEWS LATEST

My mole in the FIA tells me that the New Manor Grand Prix team will in fact debut at the Inaugural Samui GP. They in fact have 2 drivers currently penned in for the debut.

They are that well know sailor come driver, Leon Solent and the first female GP pilot Wendy House.

That well know sailor is not even on google so he must be very well known.

Is your " mole " in the FIA also a comedian because i find this post very amusing

Hi

HOT NEWS LATEST

That well know sailor is not even on google so he must be very well known.

Is your " mole " in the FIA also a comedian because i find this post very amusing

Hi Big C

He is indeed very famous, so famous in fact he has a town named after him, google Lee On Solent! :D

My mole also tells me that Wendy will be managed by her Father Maxwell!