Child Registration

petewan

Hi folks,

I am married to a thai and have a son 7 month old ,i have got him a thai passport and am now thinking about his English registration and passport. Do i have to do this in thailand or can it be done in england as i am leaving in June for a two month period. Also i would like to know if anyone can advise

on a little problem. My wife bless her has the thai habit of daytime sleep and now James my son has

the same habit which would be ok But he doesent sleep well at night now. :) So do i leave em too it or

try to get Wan my wife to change her sleeping habits ? :D Any help appreciated Thanks...

I believe it is more expensive if you do the registration in Thailand, but it should be easier to do here as the legalisation process is easier to do.

Suggest you contact the British embassy for more advise, they also have an informative website.

Hi folks,

I am married to a thai and have a son 7 month old ,i have got him a thai passport and am now thinking about his English registration and passport. Do i have to do this in thailand or can it be done in england as i am leaving in June for a two month period. Also i would like to know if anyone can advise

on a little problem. My wife bless her has the thai habit of daytime sleep and now James my son has

the same habit which would be ok But he doesent sleep well at night now. :) So do i leave em too it or

try to get Wan my wife to change her sleeping habits ? :D Any help appreciated Thanks...

Can't help with the passport but in regards to your wee laddie, do you work? If not why don't you take him out during the day and leave your wife to sleep then gradualy he'll get in to a routine of sleeping at night although if your wife is feeding the bairn alone then that will dictate a lot.

Brigante7.

Hi folks,

Go to the Bitish embassy (BKK) with all your papers, picture of the baby you original long form birth certificate (not a cert. copy) and they will give you a British birth cert. and a passport, if you pay of course. All quite easy and straight forward. Good Luck

Hi all,

Asked down at jomtien and was told you have to register your child in the country of birth,

so i will need another trip to Bangkok on my return. :) I find Bangkok such a pain to get around.

thanks anyway :D