Can You Recommend An Electrician...

skybluestu

Are all your power points earthed? That is do they have 3 wires instead of 2 like they all usually have? I think a safety switch or earth leakage protection only works if your plugged in device is earthed. Some of the bigger homewares shops in Chiangrai sell a lot of trade consumables for plumbers and electricians. maybe they can steer you in the right direction. I do all my electrical work myself as my father was an electrician and I ask him. I even spotted some front loading washing machines in one of them.

Edited by turbotojo

Are all your power points earthed? That is do they have 3 wires instead of 2 like they all usually have? I think a safety switch or earth leakage protection only works if your plugged in device is earthed. Some of the bigger homewares shops in Chiangrai sell a lot of trade consumables for plumbers and electricians. maybe they can steer you in the right direction. I do all my electrical work myself as my father was an electrician and I ask him. I even spotted some front loading washing machines in one of them.

Thanks, yes all power points are earthed so hopefully an rcd or safe-t-cut device can be fitted fairly easily. I will go and have a hunt around this weekend to see if I can get it sorted. Another member pm'd me with a recommendation so I will give him a call too.

Quite a few front loading washing machines here now, got ours at sinthanee.