Michael Owen

Sparkles

Owen hasn't scored since January and the lack off effort shown by him as Newastle plumeted last season was pathetic. 100k a week and he gave Newcastle <deleted> all back. wanke_r!!! :) .

Well within your rights to be pissed if a player doesn't perform, but how can you have a go at a player for his wages? Nobody forces the club to pay a given amount to a player. If a club is stupid enough to offer...

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Canny Scot must have been going through his old recipe book and is probably planning a Teddy Sheringham or Henrick Larssen cookery approach now and again. If Owen is free and he gets paid on performance then he won't have cost us anything.

I just hope that's not the last of our aquisitions this summer.... :)

The Canny Scot must have been going through his old recipe book and is probably planning a Teddy Sheringham or Henrick Larssen cookery approach now and again. If Owen is free and he gets paid on performance then he won't have cost us anything.

I just hope that's not the last of our aquisitions this summer.... :)

On another thread a few days ago I wrote that Owen was the only player in the world NOT to be linked with United.

Can he do a Larsson ? a master stoke from Fergie .I was surprised to see on the BBC web site that in 4 years at Newcastle (has it been that long ?) he played only 65 games BUT SCORED 30 goals. Thats quite a ratio for a has been.

If the signing is performance based ,whats the problem ? and Im sure that will not be the last bit of business Ubited does. Young Possebon has gone out on loan to Portugal ,a kid with loads of potential.

interesting amount of revisionism going on in the media about owen. a week ago he was washed up, finished, unwanted even by wigan and blackburn and nowhere near fabio capello's england. now ferguson goes after a crocked free transfer and suddenly people are using words like canny and renaissance.

Owen hasn't scored since January and the lack off effort shown by him as Newastle plumeted last season was pathetic. 100k a week and he gave Newcastle <deleted> all back. wanke_r!!! :) .

Well within your rights to be pissed if a player doesn't perform, but how can you have a go at a player for his wages? Nobody forces the club to pay a given amount to a player. If a club is stupid enough to offer...

Fair play to Owen for being able to get Newcastle to pay him that amount. But as the highest paid player and club captain, we just expected a bit more effort from him.

Fair play to Owen for being able to get Newcastle to pay him that amount. But as the highest paid player and club captain, we just expected a bit more effort from him.

I am sure his broken foot and other injuries were planned.

could've told you that when you signed him mate. michael owen plays for nobody apart from michael owen fc. he's a horrible get.

i prefer the episode where owen transfers to united and snaps his cruciate ligament on his debut ken. then while lying injured gets mauled to death by a tiger.

he was already unpopular with liverpool fans, now he'll be fuc_king airbrushed from the history books.

think they will have a lynching mob out if he scores the winner for united there :)

be good thesong oh owen oh owen he mad the scousers cry :D

Think Spit is refering to how bad he was when he did play, he was dreadful in the second half of the season when fit and never made an effort... Man U would be better off going for Martins, with a bit of decent coaching he could be a world beater.

Edited by sanmiguellight

Think Spit is refering to how bad he was when he did play, he was dreadful in the second half of the season when fit ... Man U would be better off going for Martins, with a bit of decent coaching he could be a world beater.

Agree - has the potential to be a cracking little player.

Think Spit is refering to how bad he was when he did play, he was dreadful in the second half of the season when fit ... Man U would be better off going for Martins, with a bit of decent coaching he could be a world beater.

Agree - has the potential to be a cracking little player.

Martins would definitely better a better option than Owen. However, Martins just got a 5k pay rise at Newcastle. (Crazy but true)):D :D Would he be prepared to take a pay cut to go to Man Utd? Lol!! :)

i prefer the episode where owen transfers to united and snaps his cruciate ligament on his debut ken. then while lying injured gets mauled to death by a tiger.

he was already unpopular with liverpool fans, now he'll be fuc_king airbrushed from the history books.

think they will have a lynching mob out if he scores the winner for united there :)

carragher will break his legs before he gets to score a goal against us.

and isn't the song 'build a bonfire'? you've got two scousers to put on top of it now. . .

I thought Liverpool fans loved him ! Owen only cost Newcastle 41 m quid during his 4 years there in transfer fee and wages. The financial guru at newcastle must be a genius.

Time will tell of course whether its a masterstoke or a disaster

I thought Liverpool fans loved him ! Owen only cost Newcastle 41 m quid during his 4 years there in transfer fee and wages. The financial guru at newcastle must be a genius.

Time will tell of course whether its a masterstoke or a disaster

where did you get that impression? he was an everton fan who ran his contract down before putting in a transfer request to go to real madrid for just 8m when it was too late for us to sign a replacement. he was never loved by liverpool fans, not any that i have ever known at least.

Would seem as if its almost complete hes at Man U now doing his medical

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,1...5412863,00.html

The 29-year-old arrived at Carrington on Friday morning, having already undergone an assessment of his troublesome knee on Thursday.

Owen is expected to have further tests at a Manchester hospital later and if United's medical staff give him the all-clear, he could join former club Liverpool's arch-rivals as soon as next week.

carragher will break his legs before he gets to score a goal against us.

and isn't the song 'build a bonfire'? you've got two scousers to put on top of it now. . .

he is as much a scouser as andy nicholls evertons top boy :D

more i think of this move could work out tops,if he get the service and keep him fit he will bang in 20 goals,remember he will be playing his heart out for us ashe sees this a chance link up with rooney and get back in the england squad.

:)Newcastle United Found Out About My Burnley Move On TV - David Edgar

The Canadian international has revealed just how chaotic things currently are at his former club, Newcastle United...

David Edgar, who signed for Premier League new-boys Burnley on Wednesday, has told The Sun about the crisis currently engulfing the club he has just left, Newcastle United.

"I had an offer from Newcastle a couple of weeks ago but by then my mind was on Burnley anyway," the 22-year-old told the tabloid.

"One of the problems was there was no one for me to sit down and talk to at Newcastle. I finally got a phone call from them on Wednesday and I think that was after they’d seen the move announced on TV.

"They said ‘Is it true?’ and I said ‘Yes’. It’s tough but I suppose they didn’t have anyone to get in touch with me - no owner or manager."

The 22-year-old only played a bit-part role at the Magpies, however, so when the charismatic Owen Coyle came calling there really was only one option.

"I just felt it was time to move on and it was too good to turn down. I love Newcastle. I’ve loved them since I was a kid. But when it came down to football only, there was no other option."

The Canadian was just one of a number of players out of contract at St James' Park this summer, but he is justifiably now looking forward to a new chapter in his career. One issue remains with the transfer, as a tribunal is yet to agree a compensation fee to be paid to Newcastle

just looked on wikpedia his statistics are quit impressive 204 goals in 418 games.

and liverpools top scorer from 1997 to 2004 and recieved the ballon d,or.

just looked on wikpedia his statistics are quit impressive 204 goals in 418 games.

stop winding them up Nev, SAF is doing enough even if Owen only sits on the bench all year. :)

maybe Gerrard will want to join him for a crack at the league title before he retires too.

he was a very good player for us yeah, brilliant even. never loved like fowler though, and that pissed owen off i think. anyway like i say, he's a washed up mercenary and you're welcome to him.

he was a very good player for us yeah, brilliant even. never loved like fowler though, and that pissed owen off i think. anyway like i say, he's a washed up mercenary and you're welcome to him.

i will come back to this post if he works out!

honestly stevie you would not have him back as cover for torres,he will be handy for us he will not be a whinger like tevez if he has to sit on the bench and last year we was crying out for someone to put in the chances that we was creating.

honestly stevie you would not have him back as cover for torres,he will be handy for us he will not be a whinger like tevez if he has to sit on the bench and last year we was crying out for someone to put in the chances that we was creating.

nah i wouldn't have him back. he burned his bridges with us and i think he's finished anyway really. i'd much rather have van nistelrooy as cover for torres.

tevez wasn't a whinger when he played for you, he never gave anything less than 100% even when told to turn out with the kids in the carling cup. but if owen's left on the bench in a world cup year while berbatov ambles about you might hear a few comments from the mercenary midget.

nah i wouldn't have him back. he burned his bridges with us and i think he's finished anyway really. i'd much rather have van nistelrooy as cover for torres.

tevez wasn't a whinger when he played for you, he never gave anything less than 100% even when told to turn out with the kids in the carling cup. but if owen's left on the bench in a world cup year while berbatov ambles about you might hear a few comments from the mercenary midget.

Spot on post!!!!

Even down to RvN

<deleted> is wrong with Benitez, by leaving this deal alone, <deleted>.

Regarding the little Welsh pr*ck, it shows the calibre of the man that when Teves was on the open market he dismissed going to Liverpool because he said it would be a slap in the face for the Und fans. NO such qualms with Owen though........upsetting the Liverpool fans !!!!!!

Penkoprod

Edited by Penkoprod

Has to be said when Owen and Rooney played together for England they looked absolutely lethal together ... was a few years ago though.

Anyone think this deal was made a while ago as surely Everton/ Villa/ Spurs or a similar European side would have been in for him regardless of his injuries.