Housing Discounts?

oceaneyes

Hi

I am about to commence the hunt for a house or apartment in the Sukhumvit area. I have ben looking at many real estate and other websites and have viewed a lot of houses online. I was curious to know what sort of reduction is the norm from the advertised monthly rental rate. My budget is to a maximum of B50 000 per month, given the current economic slowdown do you think it is possible to get something that is advertised for a lot more?

Hi

I am about to commence the hunt for a house or apartment in the Sukhumvit area. I have ben looking at many real estate and other websites and have viewed a lot of houses online. I was curious to know what sort of reduction is the norm from the advertised monthly rental rate. My budget is to a maximum of B50 000 per month, given the current economic slowdown do you think it is possible to get something that is advertised for a lot more?

I did the same about 6 months ago. My limit was only 30,000 but I contacted a load of properties ranging from 50,000 to 30,000. I explained to them what I was looking for and also told them I was currently paying (23,000 baht in Sathon, 2 bed condo, but very nice). they all immediately dropped the price. The 50,000 (3 bedroom house and garden) dropped to 35,000 immediately. The 30,000 dropped down to 23,000. I even told them I had 2 dogs and wanted a one year contract.

Some of these were agents others owners. One agent who advertises a lot of properties only does 2 year contracts and wont haggle.

if you consider Sathon, The condo I lived in was excellence and near the BTS. The owner was absolute straight. he reacted immediately to problems, gave me a free cable UBC in addition to the SAT one, added extra shelving and blinds on my suggestion. The place only has 18 apartments. PM me if you want details

Fully agree, it is a renters market at the moment.equired a short term apartment, while I am back in Bangkok on a project and have a three bedroom apartment in lower Sukumvit, normally rented for 75K, which I have for 50k a month and on a month to month contract.

Good deals to be done.