Land Prices

The Vulcan

As a ballpark figure what is the going price of land in Hua Hin.

Let's say 1/2 Rai, goverment water and electricity on site, road in place and approx 4/5 kilometres out of the town center.

I know this is "as long as a piece of string" situation but just seeking a very loose guideline.

Thanks

Let's say 1/2 Rai, goverment water and electricity on site, road in place and approx 4/5 kilometres out of the town center.

I know this is "as long as a piece of string" situation but just seeking a very loose guideline.

Thanks

I have land behind palm hills that meets your query priced for 1.5m per and some more behing the grand hotel on 112th priced at 1.3m and south of town for 6.2 so as you can see it is priced like a piece of string...pm me if you would like to see any of mine.

Thanks

I live at the south end of town less than that distance from the town center (off Soi 112) and the land (asking) prices around here are between 3 and 6 million per rai depending on the specific location, shape, and view. I know for a fact that some sold for 3 mil per rai a couple of years ago near me and everyone says the value has doubled since then but it's only worth what someone is willing to pay...

If you are serious about buying somewhere and building you may wish to consider Cha am.........1 Rai starts at 250,000 although that is about 10km from the beach however a full Rai on proper tarmac road with water and electric 700 meters from the beach can be had for just under a million and half Rai for 600,000..

Currently I'm weighing up the pros and cons of buying finished as against purchasing land and developing.

Early days yet but some interesting figures coming out

Thank you all for your most valuable input

Building costs have come down about 30% in the last few months.Cement is now 95 baht a sack compared ith 135 baht in January.

If you can get decent builders and pay their salary and buy materials at cost you will save millions...literally.....My house cost just over a million to build and that is with marble bathrooms with tubs...decent western kitchen oven, hob etc PCC bricks dmac walls inside and all good electrics, windows, tiling etc the wifes family who are builders did it for us...a building company quoted 3.2 million, for the same and using inferior products......

Currently I'm weighing up the pros and cons of buying finished as against purchasing land and developing.

Building costs have come down about 30% in the last few months.Cement is now 95 baht a sack compared ith 135 baht in January.

If you can get decent builders and pay their salary and buy materials at cost you will save millions...literally.....My house cost just over a million to build and that is with marble bathrooms with tubs...decent western kitchen oven, hob etc PCC bricks dmac walls inside and all good electrics, windows, tiling etc the wifes family who are builders did it for us...a building company quoted 3.2 million, for the same and using inferior products......

Interesting.

May I ask - what approx was the per square metre cost ?

Thank You

Interesting.

Thank You

House/Living space is 160 sqm...havnt got a calculator...be careful as some agents incude the sandwashing and car ports etc outside in the sqm so I could quote more sqm for mine

Interesting.

Thank You

House/Living space is 160 sqm...havnt got a calculator...be careful as some agents incude the sandwashing and car ports etc outside in the sqm so I could quote more sqm for mine

Thank you (Bt6,250 per square metre)

wow...thats good, I had never done the calculation..I remember in Samui, the same was 25,000 Baht up per sqm...so real bargain for me..just goes to show what the developers and agents are creaming off people...have said it befor...Land + Build Cost + 40% is what propertys should sell for ...developers do Land + Build Cost + 300% up....thieves the lot of em

wow...thats good, I had never done the calculation..I remember in Samui, the same was 25,000 Baht up per sqm...so real bargain for me..just goes to show what the developers and agents are creaming off people...have said it befor...Land + Build Cost + 40% is what propertys should sell for ...developers do Land + Build Cost + 300% up....thieves the lot of em

Yes, I too well remember Samui prices! :)

Really...must know you......where are you now, Hua Hin???....Samui is great but got so fed up with it..expense and greed etc....also as working could never get to go anywhere unless paid those extortionat Bangkok Air flights.....

The price per square meter is currently around double that in Hua Hin from local building companies...

50,000 a sqm????? what a rip off

I believe, he will correct me if I'm wrong, that hhfarang mean't double the 6,250/m2. 12-14k/m2 is what I've experienced, but that's based on contractors cheap finishes. You need to clearly specify your required quality of materials, if an individual build, so you need to budget higher than those rates.

Also there could be a lot of items of the property overall that the m2 rate does not include, perimeter walls, kitchen, landscaping, gates/fences, a/c's, utility connections/meters, sandwashing, flyscreens, surface water drainpoints, sufficient power points, hotwater at taps, roof insulation, elec earthing, security metal to windows & doors etc.

Burgernev

Edited by Burgernev

The price per square meter is currently around double that in Hua Hin from local building companies...

I believe, he will correct me if I'm wrong, that hhfarang mean't double the 6,250/m2. 12-14k/m2 is what I've experienced, but that's based on contractors cheap finishes. You need to clearly specify your required quality of materials, if an individual build, so you need to budget higher than those rates.

Also there could be a lot of items of the property overall that the m2 rate does not include, perimeter walls, kitchen, landscaping, gates/fences, a/c's, utility connections/meters, sandwashing, flyscreens, surface water drainpoints, sufficient power points, hotwater at taps, roof insulation, elec earthing, security metal to windows & doors etc.

Burgernev

Ahh.Ok...yes I know 12,000 per sqm befor got a basic finish, cheap tiles and electrics with Thai style kitchen......so.....if you know realiable builders it is a no brainer that you build yourselfe

Burgernev

Ahh.Ok...yes I know 12,000 per sqm befor got a basic finish, cheap tiles and electrics with Thai style kitchen......so.....if you know realiable builders it is a no brainer that you build yourselfe

Well that is the key issue of course. Buy or build.

1/2 Rai of land = (say) 1.5 mio

200 m2 house = (say) 2.5 mio

extras 0.5 mio

Furniture/fixtures and fittings extra

From what I'm seeing it's rather close.

I can appreciate the pros of building to your own spec but do I want the 6/12 month hassle as against a finished and furnished "walk-in" which seemingly plenty are available?

Thanks for your help everyone - I'll tell you in due course which way I decide.