Where Can I Play Snooker/pool In Bangkok?

imth078

can anyone help me find a place that i can play snooker and pool in the same place around sukhumvit rd.?

and can you also give me the price per hour please.

my house is at Pattanakarn rd. if anyone can find billiard hall near to my house.

ps. i want the hall that has cue stick to borrow.

and.. sorry for my english

Thank you

can anyone help me find a place that i can play snooker and pool in the same place around sukhumvit rd.?

my house is at Pattanakarn rd. if anyone can find billiard hall near to my house.

Thank you

go to gullevers bar can play there

Thank you

Lots of places around nana,as said gullivers is good! gulliver charge per game

Some charge per hour (maybe 200-300 baht)and some charge per game(20-30 baht)

Nothing wrong with your english!

there is a place called studio, in soi 22. i wouldn't recommend it since last i remember (5 years ago) it was an infestation of high school kids, because that's where we used to hang out. however on normal days there were regular clientele. games are like 20 baht.

There are some good snooker halls on Pattanakarn Rd. Also a few near Seacon.

Can you recommend any "SMOKE FREE" ones? I hate the stench..

Any smoke free snooker halls should be avoided at all costs, they aint proper snooker halls.

Dont know where on Pattanakarn you live, but one of the better snooker halls in Bangkok would be

Dino snooker hall on Suk soi 71 soi 29, full size tables, proper size balls, no pool tables.

Another option would be Bunny snooker hall on Pattanakarn soi 30 only has 6 tables though.

Can only assume you aint a serious snooker player, why anyone would want to play snooker and pool

is beyond me.

If you want top of the line tables and good cues. Go to Ball in Hand. It is on Sukhumvit Soi 4. Walk down soi 4, past the amazing Nana Entertainment Plaza, and turn right at the first 7-11 on your right. You will see a sign "Annies Do-Do", that is where you turn right. Walk straight till you see the little blue sign; "Ball in Hand, Pro Pool", it is on the second floor of the building.

They charge 240 baht per hour. Drinks around 100-140 baht a pop. If you come alone, you can play with one of the staff, they are all decent. Some of the staff, Na, Eh, are very very good and play competitions.

Yes, it is Smoke - Free, quiet and a pleasant place to play. No bar girls.

Ronnie O'Sullivan, Steve Davis, Tony Drago and Mark selby all play both pool and snooker. They obviously aren't serious players.

Technically speaking, the rocket is the greatest player ever to grace the green baize.

25 years ago the same could be said about Davis, played like a robot, clinical.

Drago, yesterdays man as far as snooker is concerned, excellent quick ball potter and holds the record as far as I remember for clearing a snooker table.

Selby, one of the best young snooker players around.

Please tell me how many of the above have achieved anything at pool, please tell me how many pool players have achieved anything in snooker.

The Duchess and Karen Corr are among the few who have made a transition from snooker to pool, only because of the restrictions placed on them by the snooker governing body, its about time the snooker world was open to both sexes.

As for being serious players, the rockets problems are well documented, Davis seems best suited to the tv role these days, dont know what Drago has won in either sport in the last 10 years, Selby has the same dilemma as the others, stick with snooker at which he excels or go for the lure of the quick buck.

Please let me know which of the Phillipino or Taiwanese,who just now must be the worlds best pool players, have ever achived anything in snooker.

They are two different games, a bit like comparing chess to chequers, thats why no one has ever dominated both sports.

Well Selby took the world 8 ball title a few years ago. So there has been a bit of cross over success but it is rare. Pool players do not do well in snooker but it seems that the same could be said of snooker players. Selby was a bit of an anomaly and as far as womens pool goes Allison and Karen do well because the talent pool in women's pool is riddiculously low. I was watching the women's 10 ball championship a little while ago couldn't believe how bad they were playing. I am not any great player myself but half the women playing I would like my chances against.

As far as Ronnie being the technically greatest player as far as I know Stephen hundred was way more career centuries. Ronnie is definitely fun to watch with his switch hitting and how fast he is.

I don't really care either way. It just seemed your comment was putting the OP down on some weird sort of basis that he could not have any talent because he plays both disciplines. The opposite occurs to me in the fact he is looking for such a place with both being offered that he probably has more than just a passing interest.

FWIW I think Efren Reyes or any of the top players from the Philippines would handily beat you at snooker. Drago obviously has had better days but would you like your chances playing him now? Ronnie has some problems but he still plays as good as any of them. You talk about some of the most respected players in history like they can't make two balls. I also never noticed snooker to be anything similar to checkers. :) If you are trying to suggest that any of those players I listed aren't serious players than I don't know what you consider good enough for your list. I assume you run centuries routinely and have made many 147 breaks. I happen to like both games so it is all good for me.

There is no need to reply to me in this thread as we have gotten off topic and it doesn't help the OP. I happen to like both games so it is all good for me.

The OP might take a look at a site called azbilliards.com they have a forum on that site and I know they have posted locales to play in Thailand. It is also probably the most comprehensive forum for billiards related info anywhere on the net.

• 3 months later...

Try Soi 71 Sukhumvit about one k down on LHS and yes they have full size tables about 20 and 4 pool tables, I only play pool and cost is 90 baht per hour, they also have food and beverage. Top pros available for private lessons but expensive I was quoted 20,000 baht for ten hours could because am farang, that aside this is a great friendly place.