Maxnet Latest Problems: Maxnet Answer

YouYouYou

I can hardly believe they can configure BGP correctly on the edge of the core when you get told to default your router every time you ring the call center and that will magically fix the problem.

Sometimes the speedtest show ok, but browsing is still woeful, transparent proxies in their network or at ICT overloaded?

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems Maxnets latest trick is they have blocked opendns from being used, change back to obtain DNS automatically on a friends service to get him back working again, this seems to be only on Indy and not premier.

Thanks for that. That answers my question. Could not connect for two days, reverted back to "obtain DNS automatically" and am able to connect albeit pitifully slow.

That is very odd, we are both in Chiang Mai and I am using Open DNS fine and I am not suffering from slow speeds. Are you on Indy or premier?

If premier did you sign the paper work to upgrade your connection speed. what does your IP address start with?.

Seems Maxnets latest trick is they have blocked opendns from being used, change back to obtain DNS automatically on a friends service to get him back working again, this seems to be only on Indy and not premier.

Thanks for that. That answers my question. Could not connect for two days, reverted back to "obtain DNS automatically" and am able to connect albeit pitifully slow.

That is very odd, we are both in Chiang Mai and I am using Open DNS fine and I am not suffering from slow speeds. Are you on Indy or premier?

If premier did you sign the paper work to upgrade your connection speed. what does your IP address start with?.

Hi Lordfoul, I'm on Indy 3 MB. On the advice of a TV member in the CM forum I signed up for OpenDNS and changed the DNS. It did not make any difference for me in terms of speed, but everything worked fine. Two days ago we were no longer able to connect to the Internet. I tried everything including calling Maxnet who could not help. Finally this morning I ditched OpenDNS and re-booted the modem/router and I'm back on-line. That is when I saw this post.

Looks like it is a Korat problem

Yes, it is terrible. pervasive, and many weeks now. I upgraded to the highest Indy package and it's worse. I won't go with Premiere because I can see that the problem is the international gateway.

In other words, I get killer speeds from Korat to BKK. And, lower than dial up speeds from BKK to America, Europe.

It means...TT&T has not contracted with CAT for enough international bandwidth.

We are all screwed until they increase their international bandwidth.

Meanwhile, I'm considering buying the CAT CDMA package for backup, but that's a big gulp. About 10,000 baht for the router, one year contract, and blah blah. And, from what I see on this forum, no better results.

<deleted> are we to do???? Especially those of us who have to work on Skype and depend on international connectivity???

Yes, it is terrible. pervasive, and many weeks now. I upgraded to the highest Indy package and it's worse. I won't go with Premiere because I can see that the problem is the international gateway.

In other words, I get killer speeds from Korat to BKK. And, lower than dial up speeds from BKK to America, Europe.

You are correct, this problem is located at the Int gateway. All this chatter about changing dns server setting should stop becuase it is a waste of time.

You say you wont go with "premier" well, with indy you get virtually zero access to international bandwidth with that package.

NO FARANGS SHOULD USE INDY PACKAGE IF THEY INTEND TO VIEW WEBSITES OUTSIDE THAILAND AND ARE EXPECTING DECENT PERFORMANCE, THIS IS FACT, SO STOP BEING CHEAP AND UPGRADE TO PREMIER NOW.

Under normal circumstances the internatinal bandwidth on the premier package is excellent. There is a problem now but for the last 16 months I have had premier there have been no problems, ever.

You say "It means...TT&T has not contracted with CAT for enough international bandwidth"

This is absolute nonsence. TT&T stopped buying international bandwidth from CAT nearly 2 years ago. TT&T have their own international gateway and have no major fibre running anywhere near CAT's international gateway now.

If you doubt me then you should go here and click the yellow button at the top marked "download internet map" Take a look for "AS38550 TT&T IIG"

Like I said earlier, I will know when this problem is fixed when i see the 58.xxx.xxx.xxx gateway ip address re-appears in my router. Now its 124.xxx.xxx.xxx which as far as I am aware is the failover address that appears when 58 range falls over.

You are correct, this problem is located at the Int gateway. All this chatter about changing dns server setting should stop becuase it is a waste of time.

You say you wont go with "premier" well, with indy you get virtually zero access to international bandwidth with that package.

NO FARANGS SHOULD USE INDY PACKAGE IF THEY INTEND TO VIEW WEBSITES OUTSIDE THAILAND AND ARE EXPECTING DECENT PERFORMANCE, THIS IS FACT, SO STOP BEING CHEAP AND UPGRADE TO PREMIER NOW.

From the Indy Product page

** The start into Broadband Internet World (Best for Thai Surf), with restrictions for the use cycles VoIP/P2P (Bit Torrent) International Limited in size (limited bandwidth for international VoIP/P2P).

http://translate.google.com/translate?prev...history_state0=

Under normal circumstances the internatinal bandwidth on the premier package is excellent. There is a problem now but for the last 16 months I have had premier there have been no problems, ever.

You say "It means...TT&T has not contracted with CAT for enough international bandwidth"

This is absolute nonsence. TT&T stopped buying international bandwidth from CAT nearly 2 years ago. TT&T have their own international gateway and have no major fibre running anywhere near CAT's international gateway now.

If you doubt me then you should go here and click the yellow button at the top marked "download internet map" Take a look for "AS38550 TT&T IIG"

Like I said earlier, I will know when this problem is fixed when i see the 58.xxx.xxx.xxx gateway ip address re-appears in my router. Now its 124.xxx.xxx.xxx which as far as I am aware is the failover address that appears when 58 range falls over.

I had a sms from them yesterday saying that they were going to increase the international link, they said it should be ok by next week.

I also spotted a pig flying over my house this morning.

I thought that was snow outside too

What an absolute crock of shit

It depends on your location how come on 4MB indy at the moment I am getting international speed and actual downloads faster than using Premier for more money whats the point.

Go and buy a full price car I will get the same at a discount and you can look smug because you payed more.

You give me proof with facts. Just had people from Korat her in my house have given me a discount for service Interuptions because I dis not use Capital letters to shout. Go and get a life. Paymore for the same rubish and enjoy it.

Yes they have repaired cables not mine.

Take your attitude back to where you come from.

I have no doubt when the Managment of the system is sorted yes it will be of benefit to upgrade but me I shall go Business not premier.

The reson people where looking at other DNS servers was because of problems we have had over a long time with Maxnet ones.

Some people outside the Korat area are able to use other servers and theres more into than just speed.

Several people have been working outside the forum to resolve the problem.

Pay your premium and look smug.

I shall continue you my less smug attitude thank you very much.

P.S. Hows Jill Jack.

Why? International Bandwidth to Thailand has more Than Doubled in the last year and nearly tripled in the last 2.

http://internet.nectec.or.th/webstats/band...r?Sec=bandwidth

I had a sms from them yesterday saying that they were going to increase the international link, they said it should be ok by next week.

I also spotted a pig flying over my house this morning.

Edited by Lordfoul

Dear Tomo

Line contention on Indy package is well documented elsewhere, in comparison to the Premier package there is considerably less international bandwidth available to you, and that what is avaiable to you has restrictions. That is a fact, you can argue all you like. As was just posted by Baz just a little up the page the restrictions on Indy are easily available on the maxnet website.

You say "It depends on your location" i presume you mean within Thailand? Well i got more bad news for you. There are no issues with bandwith limitations within Thailand. Current network usage within thailand by internet traffic runs at about 20% of capacity. This is why ISP's like TOT Maxnet are using banner headlines like "free 4mb" upgrade. It doesnt mean you are getting any extra international bandwidth, it just means they are giving you more speed across the unused 80% capacity they have available WITHIN THAILAND. A nice sales gimmick which brings in customers which actually costs them nothing and gives the customer the impression.

As for dns issues, there is no issue. DNS servers play no part in bandwith test results.

You said "Paymore for the same rubish and enjoy it." Actually, as I said before, TT&T's premier package has exeptional performance under normal circumstances and is excellent value for money. Indy is a pile of old turds in comparison, packet shaped, ports blocked, psp restrictions voip slooooooooow. You cant be seriously trying to tell me Indy has more benefits for the average farang here than Premier for a saving of 250 baht per month?

"Take your attitude back to where you come from" Be quiet, newbie.

Dear Tomo

Line contention on Indy package is well documented elsewhere, in comparison to the Premier package there is considerably less international bandwidth available to you, and that what is avaiable to you has restrictions. That is a fact, you can argue all you like. As was just posted by Baz just a little up the page the restrictions on Indy are easily available on the maxnet website.

You say "It depends on your location" i presume you mean within Thailand? Well i got more bad news for you. There are no issues with bandwith limitations within Thailand. Current network usage within thailand by internet traffic runs at about 20% of capacity. This is why ISP's like TOT Maxnet are using banner headlines like "free 4mb" upgrade. It doesnt mean you are getting any extra international bandwidth, it just means they are giving you more speed across the unused 80% capacity they have available WITHIN THAILAND. A nice sales gimmick which brings in customers which actually costs them nothing and gives the customer the impression.

As for dns issues, there is no issue. DNS servers play no part in bandwith test results.

You said "Paymore for the same rubish and enjoy it." Actually, as I said before, TT&T's premier package has exeptional performance under normal circumstances and is excellent value for money. Indy is a pile of old turds in comparison, packet shaped, ports blocked, psp restrictions voip slooooooooow. You cant be seriously trying to tell me Indy has more benefits for the average farang here than Premier for a saving of 250 baht per month?

"Take your attitude back to where you come from" Be quiet, newbie.

Thanks for the Newbie Hows Jack the Lad.

Love you me I Know nothing I wonder do you use Snap shots and stats from other people. Me I make all my gudgements on facts.

Why should I pay 250 Baht more for a slower download speed. You talk about the average Fal?? soory new here in Thailand only been coming here since 1976. Sorry us newbies will have to learn. Been building computers and analysing computer problems for Twenty years.

I am not selfish and am very well aware there are different problems in different areas.

There is a DNS server access problem in the Korat area and a temporary fix has been put in place by Maxnet.

So you want me to pay more for a slower service considering in my loacal area they have overloaded the Premier service.

I love to use torrents to show what our average speeds are. So a site I use I set up a 8GB file And everyone started downloading at approx the same time. We ensured that the file could not be shared between ourselves and what was the result I peaked at 350K bytes and dowmloaded in 7 hours. Premier finished after 11 hours. We all live within 750 Meteres of each other.

Case closed as far as I am concerned.

Thats all folks I shall now register as Newbie so at least it keeps old Jack the shouter Happppppppppppppppy

:):D:D

Please can I have premier It makes what I do so much better.

Where you going on holidays me Premier Land. LAUGH

I went into my local TT&T office to pay my bill and found out that they no longer process these there.

Instead I was told to go along to a Siam Commercial or Krung Thai Bank and pay.

Ok.......how about setting up a direct debit?

Blank looks in the office. None of the staff had a clue what to do.

Up until now I had never worried about popping into the Triple T(new name on the local office) to pay the bill as I made it into a shopping expedition but now I would like to set up a DD.

Anyone have how to do advice?

I have no idea but they cannot do DD at present. I've had the connection in the condo for a few years now and pay by DD. However when I had it put into my house a few months ago they said it wasn't possible for new connections at present, but something may be sorted in the future. When I asked about paying online they said this was not possible either, which I find a little sad for an internet company.

This appears to be a recent change by TT&T. I too was told that you can only pay the bill at SCB or Krung Thai banks. No more payment in the shop, by DD, or by Internet banking.

I hope this is just a temporary thing.

This appears to be a recent change by TT&T. I too was told that you can only pay the bill at SCB or Krung Thai banks. No more payment in the shop, by DD, or by Internet banking.

I hope this is just a temporary thing.

I pay at the local one stop shop where i pay my electric and water bills. I imagine you could also pay at any 7/11.

Yippee 3 days and 3 hours until my internet is fixed

Seems to be some bad vibe tension dudes on this page as to Indy versus Premier users. Yes, I would agree Premier is a better package, but ,but, but ...if you care to read over this long thread you will see that the lastest maxnet issues are affecting both indy and premier users.

I am on Indy and would presume if I ugraded right this minute, mabye it would be better/resolved. However, there is also a chance that it would not give me any benefit at the moment ...and why should I give them more money when my internet was fine up until 20th June?

To reiterate: my internet was fine till 20th June. Maxnet have admitted they have a problem (to me and to others), a problem big enough for them to agree to waiver my bill for the month and thus zero baht paid.

Today’s Page (my responses in bold)

Thaipwriter: Like I said earlier, I will know when this problem is fixed when i see the 58.xxx.xxx.xxx gateway ip address re-appears in my router. Now its 124.xxx.xxx.xxx which as far as I am aware is the failover address that appears when 58 range falls over.

So …when my 117 and 222 comes back I should be Ok? Only 112 now for last 8/9 days and more garbage than before.

Thaipwriter: …this problem is located at the Int gateway. All this chatter about changing dns server setting should stop becuase it is a waste of time.

I agree: My speed to BKK is consistent and good …my speeds Inter. Are consistently garbage until apporx 1.30 AM …Makes sense ..BKK Good …Inter Bad …Mmm = rusty farmgate.

Sungod: I had a sms from them yesterday saying that they were going to increase the international link, they said it should be ok by next week.

Hallelujah Hallelujah Hallelujah ….praise be ..but err, it’s supposed to fixed on the 16th at midnight? Boo hoo …please please Mr. Max gimme my www. sooner than later ....Please with sugar on top.

Lordfoul: Why? International Bandwidth to Thailand has more Than Doubled in the last year and nearly tripled in the last 2.

…and the amount of users? + Users wishing to use int. access?? . I don’t know, but is it keeping pace? A standalone statistic like this doesn’t really tell us that much ..sorry. (but be nice if someone can dig out a user stat. thou)

Well, not long as Mr. Max has ordered some stainless bolts from China and they are on their way slowly to fix the rusty gateway that has been eroded by this rainy season ...just an idea.

Good luck to you all, and your bill waivers, your gateway dreams, and your 1103 calls :)

Last bill I got a leaflet. If you Pay at Krung Thai bank for 3 months you get a 100 Baht Credit can not Pay at Bank of Bangkok.

Normaly Pay At Seven Eleven. See the change in bill I thought it was a Photostat the first one I got.

Must be saving costs. I see they lost the vote to manage there debt.

But TOT are fighting it as they did not get all of there voting rights as some of the 30 Billion debts they claim. Are in the courts

There is a good link by the starter of this topic. MyMyMyY

Yes why should you pay more Totaly Agree MyMyMy. Sorry for abrevMy.

Even if you are Thai. Think you feel same as me.

How do you think the Internet shops here feel all Thai owned they are as upset as we are.

Edited by tomo22

The person I replied to was expressing doubt that international bandwidth was being upgraded. I offered evidence that it has been upgraded often. I am not sure how your reply to me is relevant to that conversation.

Lordfoul: Why? International Bandwidth to Thailand has more Than Doubled in the last year and nearly tripled in the last 2.

…and the amount of users? + Users wishing to use int. access?? . I don’t know, but is it keeping pace? A standalone statistic like this doesn’t really tell us that much ..sorry. (but be nice if someone can dig out a user stat. thou)

I've been having problems for months with Indy 3 MB. I use websites in the USA and Europe more often than ones in Thailand. Sometimes International websites will not load at all. Skype is not possible.

Should I upgrade to Premier? Will that resolve this poor service? the Internet service has slowly been deteriorating over the last 3-4 months to the point where it is barely usable; it is so slow and unreliable.

Thanks.

I went into my local TT&T office to pay my bill and found out that they no longer process these there.

Instead I was told to go along to a Siam Commercial or Krung Thai Bank and pay.

Ok.......how about setting up a direct debit?

Blank looks in the office. None of the staff had a clue what to do.

Up until now I had never worried about popping into the Triple T(new name on the local office) to pay the bill as I made it into a shopping expedition but now I would like to set up a DD.

Anyone have how to do advice?

You can also pay at any Tesco lotus.It tells you on the back where you can pay.

Also the DNS issue is real in my area.I could not connect at all to any websites until 1am.Now ive changed the DNS settings it is working as before. :)

It is hard to know for sure. When I first decided to switch to Maxnet from Hinet I called TTT and asked for a free weeks trial (I ended up extending it to two) to see how well it works where I live. You should be able to get them to let you test out the Premier Package. I can't hurt to call.

I've been having problems for months with Indy 3 MB. I use websites in the USA and Europe more often than ones in Thailand. Sometimes International websites will not load at all. Skype is not possible.

Should I upgrade to Premier? Will that resolve this poor service? the Internet service has slowly been deteriorating over the last 3-4 months to the point where it is barely usable; it is so slow and unreliable.

Thanks.

It is hard to know for sure. When I first decided to switch to Maxnet from Hinet I called TTT and asked for a free weeks trial (I ended up extending it to two) to see how well it works where I live. You should be able to get them to let you test out the Premier Package. I can't hurt to call.

Thanks.

Thanks. Good advice. "Try before you buy."

Thanks.

As mentioned by another poster, the answer to your question may depend on where you live. If it helps, another data point for you. I'm located in Bun Tharik, about 45km SE of Det Udom. Started with Indy service and discovered immediately that international connections were too slow for the remote work I do, plus Skype was useless for calls. Switched to Premiere 3mb and have been satisfied with connection speeds up until about 1 week ago. Now, at least for my location, the international connection issue appears to have been resolved.

Edited by grnelson75

^ No resolution for me as yet ...but hey 2 days, 2 hours and 30 mins to go and my internet is good right? :D

Just on that DNS issue ...even though I know it ain't gonna make a difference, I just went though it all again ..out of shear desperation to try and use the WWW.

Dnsadvantage: No difference.

True DNS's (picked this up on another thread): No difference.

OpenDns: Big difference ...all pages blocked including google, hotmail, Thai visa etc. etc. . It does appear that this service is blocked on Indy but not on Premier ...why? Is that correct??

Okay back to default ttt ..no difference :D

Good luck to you all, and your bill waivers, and your 1103 calls :)

P.S. sry Lordfoul, didn't mean to rock yer boat.

...NO FARANGS SHOULD USE INDY PACKAGE IF THEY INTEND TO VIEW WEBSITES OUTSIDE THAILAND AND ARE EXPECTING DECENT PERFORMANCE, THIS IS FACT, SO STOP BEING CHEAP AND UPGRADE TO PREMIER NOW...

517402397.png

517407421.png

Maxnet Indy 5 mbps.

You were saying?... :)