Maxnet Latest Problems: Maxnet Answer

YouYouYou

I've had no Maxnet connection at all this morning, using dial-up with Loxinfo.

unbelievable my maxnet this morning is the best it has ever been here in ubon ratchathani. must be an issan thing.

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well after a total of 3 replacement routers from TTT after the techs router worked fine, I went from low down/upstream speeds to even lower with loss of PPP every few minutes, a reboot of the router to get it back.

So replaced the Maxcrement router today with a new Zyxel at 1,400 baht and the pictures speak for themselves, the tech was right get a decent router, although I looked at a Cisco 857 at 11,000 baht I didnt fancy replacing it eveytime the telephone line spiked so tried the Zyxel first. So if you are having any issues with upstream/downstream speeds,PPP connection dropouts or line errors go and get a decent router.

526043090.png

The maxnet tech has also been and checked the line, done some adjustments and fiddled and the speed for upstream and downstream is nearly right on 2048/1024 now.

post-4090-1248670029_thumb.jpg

post-4090-1248670047_thumb.jpg

Internet is CHEAP in thailand, might be one reason its complete TRASH.

Is that tongue-in-cheek? I don't know anywhere with a cheaper service that beats it for crapness, and on the Western world front, you're talking at least half the price for double the speed and 100% better consistency.

Linksys and Dlink are also good, baz :)

Don't forget to also take a look at line-in cables/filters if one has problems.

Internet is CHEAP in thailand, might be one reason its complete TRASH.

Is that tongue-in-cheek? I don't know anywhere with a cheaper service that beats it for crapness, and on the Western world front, you're talking at least half the price for double the speed and 100% better consistency.

Linksys and Dlink are also good, baz :)

Don't forget to also take a look at line-in cables/filters if one has problems.

As mine is on a DSL extender and I dont have a phone I dont use the filter as it drops the speed a bit we found.

Linksys AM300 modem is probably even worse than the maxnet ones, I dont know what went wrong there but as soon as you start a torrent they freeze and there is no fix. I just wanted a basic modem as I have a Linksys WRT54G behind the modem.

Dlink in my opinion after working in IT for a long time are a good one to stay away from, same netgear.

Now if money was no object I would get a Cisco 1841 with a WIC2ADSL and load balance across two different ISPs. but at 37,000 baht for the router and then another 18,000 baht for the interface card, plus around 10,000 for the router software it makes it an expensive solution.

well maxnet is working again in CM,

but i have premier and and my current download speed is .52 mb/s and upload is .78 mb/s (been around this for the last few weeks)

ealier was on my friend's tot wireless (pretty sure it's the 590 baht connection) and wireless the download was 2.89 mb/s with upload .11mb/s

why does my premier download speed suck so much?

Edited by qwunk89

well maxnet is working again in CM,

but i have premier and and my current download speed is .52 mb/s and upload is .78 mb/s (been around this for the last few weeks)

ealier was on my friend's tot wireless (pretty sure it's the 590 baht connection) and wireless the download was 2.89 mb/s with upload .11mb/s

why does my premier download speed suck so much?

Have you checked the status of the up and down stream speeds in the router? maybe they are low like mine were

Ran speed checks today, I think the worst is over in Issanland. :) Indy 3Mb package. I just noticed that the ISP name does not show Maxnet anymore and the distance is back to 150 miles instead of 50 so maybe they are still working on it.

526068820.png

526067234.png

526067879.png

Yeeeah ..I'm Maxfree as of tommorow morning when the engineers are gonna rip out the cables :D ... I feel happy today.

But yes, I see for some it has improved today ....mine hasn't, and really after 37 days of constant problems and promises/return calls unfulfilled ...I think its time to stop giving these muppets my cash.

I finally got to the office today and said I wanted to cancel 2 weeks'ish before year contract is up, and they said 'no problem'. Easy as that and signed off today. So if you wanna cancel, go ahead, its no problem (well, at least with my local office).

Yes, there are some that say 'noooo, don't go to TOT' and there are some that are 'happy to do so'. We all run around in circles trying to find an ISP that works; some go from TTT to TOT and vice versa, and other providers if you are lucky to have them in your area.

I don't: so TT&T or TOT is my only choice this year.

My opinion is Maxnet is a poor provider and no one can take responsibility there to resolve problems in a reasonable timeframe ..come on, 37 gawd danged days is not reasonable in my book ...some have only suffered 2 or 3 weeks and are happy their internet is back in shape ..but come on , 2 or 3 weeks ! that ain't reasonable either eh.

What is reasonable is 2 or 3 days eh ....how many of you out there who have already posted exceed this figure? Me thinks quite a few.

So TOT it is: simple logic, Maxnet is garbage (and I think will continue to be so, watch out for the next round of problems). TOT is either better or worse ...I will find out for myself by 'sucking it and see'. I reckon the whole choice of ISP is just a lottery and some of us in some areas get lucky and others don't; you just have to find out for yourself. TT&T + TOT = TIT ....honestly thats it!

Good luck to you all and your chosen provider ..may they provide well (we live in hope) :)

Lol ....I'm outta here....

526322331.png

nope no fixed ....

anyone else on washington?

Good luck to you all and hope is better

526342396.png

Premier 2mb plan.

Premier 2mb with my new zyxel router and new line run in today.

526353111.png

526322331.png

nope no fixed ....

526342396.png

Premier 2mb plan.

526353111.png

Maxnet Indy 5mbps/512kbps

526462572.png

526322331.png

nope no fixed ....

526342396.png

Premier 2mb plan.

526353111.png

Maxnet Indy 5mbps/512kbps

526462572.png

I like that 5Mb package. Here is the Indy 3Mb package

526477515.png

Ran speed checks today, I think the worst is over in Issanland. :) Indy 3Mb package. I just noticed that the ISP name does not show Maxnet anymore and the distance is back to 150 miles instead of 50 so maybe they are still working on it.

526068820.png

Man they are really screwing around with the ISPs as can be seen by speeds test earlier today and now. I am back to a 50 mile distance and an ISP that says Maxnet

526480552.png

I couldn't get on to Maxnet yesterday. A message was flashed to me that the service was suspended as maintainance was being carried out in the browser! Back to Loxinfo. I was teed up having to wait at least 30 minutes every month at the TT&T asylum at Carrefour in Patty just to pay the bill, but this is intolerable. Mai pen rai - BS.

........... I was teed up having to wait at least 30 minutes every month at the TT&T asylum at Carrefour in Patty just to pay the bill................

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

You can pay your Maxnet invoice at any Seven-11, free of charges.

You can pay your Maxnet invoice at any Seven-11, free of charges

yes, you used to be able to do that...not now :)

now they won't even except the money in TT@T offices you have to go to Siam Comercial (Thai Panit)

or Krung Thai Bank or Tesco.. who knows what next month holds in store..............

... :) Internet is CHEAP in thailand, might be one reason its complete TRASH.

Nonsens, internet is not cheap at all here. I pay every month THB 1166.45, wich is Euro 24.07 for a speed of 1.5 Mb. For Euro 19.95 I have in The Netherlands 20 Mb. And when you pay in Thailand for 1.5 Mb you don't get 1.5 Mb, especially not when you want to use global internet. Only within Thailand you can reach 1.5 Mb, wich looks like we pay for internet but get intranet within Thailand.

<h2 class="XE">

</h2>

You can pay your Maxnet invoice at any Seven-11, free of charges

yes, you used to be able to do that...not now :)

now they won't even except the money in TT@T offices you have to go to Siam Comercial (Thai Panit)

or Krung Thai Bank or Tesco.. who knows what next month holds in store..............

I pay my TT&T bill at the one stop shop where I also pay my electric bill and water bill if I miss the water guy. Cost is 10 baht.

526322331.png

Ahhhh its sooo funny ...I have no broadband at mo' (as dis-max'ed this morning)so plugged in my old TOT dial up ..tells me its 33.2 KBPS. I have just played on my fave website in las Vegas for 3 hours with one disconnection for 10 seconds on dial up ! (on Maxnet, most of time couldn't even connect lol) My page loads to TV are the same rate !!!

Here's Washington again for comparision on yes ToT dial up ..nope not maxescrement broadband ...TOT dial up !!!

527160889.png

Lol ...okay lower DL bigger UL and waaaaaaaaaayyyy better ping. Maxnet yer a bucnh of bandits and god help all with this ISP. Can't wait to get my TOT platinum tomorrow (same price same DL and UL) ...TOT dial up beats Maxnet Indy ....sad is'nt it ...LOL. I'm so happy i'm gone.

So for you TTT defenders out there ....think again. Indy 590+vat ....TOT dial up 3 baht for 2 hours ...errr ...mmmm ...well.

Should start a new thread eh "MAXNET INDY VERSUS TOT DIAL UP" ....my vote is for the latter :)

I believe 7-11 tacks on a B10 baht handling fee to each bill they process. Not a deal breaker for me, but for some folks, B10 is B10...

I believe 7-11 tacks on a B10 baht handling fee to each bill they process. Not a deal breaker for me, but for some folks, B10 is B10...

terrible! :)

...So for you TTT defenders out there ....think again...

I really think there are no TT&T defenders in this thread — only people who desperately looking for a minimum working internet connection.

If you get better results with your TOT platinum connection then please write it to us.

I did NOT change from Maxcrement Indy to Premier because I'm a great fan of TT&T, but because I did not see another possibility at time. Nearly all people I know told me that TOT is worst.

If this is a wrong information and TOT is better than TT&T then please tell us about your experiences. I would be the first one who would change, if I could get a better and even cheaper connection than with my Premier account.

Edited by zenobit