International Flights From Phuket Via Bkk

MisterMan

Hi I am flying via BKK to the states.

I bought a separate ticket from BKK to LAX and am now about to buy my ticket HKT to BKK.

So will Thai Check me in and forward my luggage from Phuket and process me through immigration here or will i have to check out and in?

I just called and they said they could process me as international but I would like to double check here.

Thanks.

Hi I am flying via BKK to the states.

I bought a separate ticket from BKK to LAX and am now about to buy my ticket HKT to BKK.

So will Thai Check me in and forward my luggage from Phuket and process me through immigration here or will i have to check out and in?

I just called and they said they could process me as international but I would like to double check here.

Thanks.

If it's all Thai airlines they can probably get it all done in one fell swoop for ya

Happy Travels, see you in Vegas.

Edited by huggybear

NO not star alliance. .. EVA that is why I am not sure..

If you are switching airlines in BKK, then no, you will check your bags in Phuket, pick them up at the carosel in BKK, head to the EVA counter, check in there, check bags, and then go through immigration there.

If you are switching airlines in BKK, then no, you will check your bags in Phuket, pick them up at the carosel in BKK, head to the EVA counter, check in there, check bags, and then go through immigration there.
Not correct.

Thai is the handler for Eva, so you can check in already in Phuket. I have flown them a few times and checked in in Phuket already.

SteveNL ,

Thanks, that is what I wanted first hand experience to support what the girl at Thai Airways said.

My plane leaves at 7:25 in the morning. I would imagine 6am would be early enough..?? Shouldnt be a long que at Immigration..

Any more feedback?

Not correct.

Thai is the handler for Eva, so you can check in already in Phuket. I have flown them a few times and checked in in Phuket already.

O.K., I didn't know that.

Usually I do the budget airline thing RT HKT-BKK and then get over to my international.

I'd still be concerned regarding my bags from Thai getting to Eva and then to the final destination. Having had luggage lost before I like seeing the tape with the airport code put on my bag. Would then Thai Airways have an Eva baggage tag with the final airport code on it?

Usually I do the budget airline thing RT HKT-BKK and then get over to my international.

I'd still be concerned regarding my bags from Thai getting to Eva and then to the final destination. Having had luggage lost before I like seeing the tape with the airport code put on my bag. Would then Thai Airways have an Eva baggage tag with the final airport code on it?

HB,

don't you think it is risky taking budget to catch a flight? My friend missed his connection once. Unless of course you go the day before or spend hours at the Bangkok airport.

What we usually do is fly Thai business class from HKT to BKK so that way you get the priority tags on your bag when you arrive at the destination country.  This can save a ton of time by being at the head the customs queue that usually builds up from long haul flights. 

What we usually do is fly Thai business class from HKT to BKK so that way you get the priority tags on your bag when you arrive at the destination country. This can save a ton of time by being at the head the customs queue that usually builds up from long haul flights.

Ah, clever!

HB,

don't you think it is risky taking budget to catch a flight? My friend missed his connection once. Unless of course you go the day before or spend hours at the Bangkok airport.

Exactly, my international flight is usually early AM, so I get an evening in BKK beforehand.

You are right though, I wouldn't trust the budgets regarding tight connects.