Headaches, Breathing Problems And

Tornado

I have had a headache for the last fourweeks, it has been constant and started on the right side of my head and now seems to have moved all over the top of my head, from the top of my hairline to the back of my neck. I have also been having trouble breathing and last night, I thought my heart stopped a few beats and couldnt get my breath. I also started gym about 1 month ago and whilst doing preacher curls, I tried too hard and my headaches started from that day.

I hardly drink (once a week/ twice a month?), eat very well and excersise 6 days a week, but I do smoke cigs.

I am off to the doctors now as I didnt think I would live last night. I am going to get a head x ray (no jokes :D ) and my blood work done - Ill see what the outcome is :D .

I think Pepe is a DR or anyone else that can give any advice would be real helpfull to me, as I am really worried - I never get sick and never go to the docs.

Off I go :o

Torn, it could be anything from high blood pressure to a ticker problem.

lack of O2 will also give you a headache...ever had breathing problems before?

just remember to ask the quack PLENTY of questions.if not happy with the answers, get a second.

hope all goes well.

if you haven't worked out for a long time, going to the gym 6 times a week is too much.

for a total beginner, you should only work out - at most - 30 minutes a day 3 times a week.

after a workout, if you feel sore or tired the next day, take a break. rest your body until you feel better. then, when you return to the gym, consider lowering the amount of exercise you do until you get stronger.

in other words, 30 minutes maybe too much for you in your current physical state.

listen to your body.

remember. ...the object of going to gym is make your body stronger. ..not to make sure you don't miss a scheduled workout.

a common mistake with many beginners...

Cheers Chuchok and Nick2k.

I just came back from Bangkok Phuket Hospital, it was a long time there and 19,600 baht later....

I had a MLI scan on my brain and had my blood checked as well as nose throat and ear checks done.

My health was excellent in every way, blood pressure normal as well.

I still have no clue what the problem is and the headaches are becoming worse.

Nick, you do make some valid points regarding the gym, as I workout 6 days a week and train with the Muay Thai boys twice a week. I will have a few days off of everything I think..

Still no clue though, but it was good to see that everything else was good, except for my problems????? who knows, will wait and see If I wake up tomorrow :o

You suffered from much the same thing about a year ago too, Gent.

What were you doing prior to having these headaches both times - and don't tell us getting worked up over Georgie or John L. :D

You're still too young to snuff already - hang in there! :o

p.s. If I had to guess I'd say it was just plain old stress. Check yourself into a Wat for a week or so and do some meditation.

Edited by Boon Mee

i dont know what preacher curls are but you might have pulled  a neck or upper back vertebra out of true and the resultant imbalance is causing headaches.

a visit to a (very) good chiropractor might be worth a try.

That could be it! Tax, you have given me another avenue, I really appreciate it!

There is a Chiropractor in Kata Ive been told (A Yank), I will try and find his number and get on down there.

If anyone knows the one Im talking about and has a number/name or address, It would be appreciated - cheers

Thanks Tax, that really has given me a bit more hope!

i dont know what preacher curls are but you might have pulled  a neck or upper back vertebra out of true and the resultant imbalance is causing headaches.

a visit to a (very) good chiropractor might be worth a try.

That could be it! Tax, you have given me another avenue, I really appreciate it!

There is a Chiropractor in Kata Ive been told (A Yank), I will try and find his number and get on down there.

If anyone knows the one Im talking about and has a number/name or address, It would be appreciated - cheers

Thanks Tax, that really has given me a bit more hope!

Is there a specific reason why you had to mention he was American Mr Tornado?

The reason I mentioned he was American is because he is quite well known in Phuket and I wondered if people knew who I was talking about. :D

I found his number and called, he is open Mon, Wed, Fri, so I will be there on Wednesday.

The more I think of it, Taxexile might of just hit the nail on the head! :D

Ive been thinking I had a tumor for the last week. :o

The reason I mentioned he was American is because he is quite well known in Phuket and I wondered if people knew who I was talking about.  :D

I found his number and called, he is open Mon, Wed, Fri, so I will be there on Wednesday.

The more I think of it, Taxexile might of just hit the nail on the head!  :D

Ive been thinking I had a tumor for the last week.  :o

Twas only a rumor about the tumor then.

The reason I mentioned he was American is because he is quite well known in Phuket and I wondered if people knew who I was talking about.  :D

ah, I won't say it :D

Get well mate, I see you are resting a while from the political forum anyway :D

That has to be good for your stress levels. One other line of thought could be your eyes, had them checked lately?

I just came back from Bangkok Phuket Hospital, it was a long time there and 19,600 baht later....

I had a MLI scan on my brain and had my blood checked as well as nose throat and ear checks done.

Nick, you do make some valid points regarding the gym, as I workout 6 days a week and train with the Muay Thai boys twice a week. I will have a few days off of everything I think..

Still no clue though, but it was good to see that everything else was good, except for my problems????? who knows, will wait and see If I wake up tomorrow  :o

Just out of interest - How much did they charge you for the MRI scan?

Sounds to me like stress comlicated by overdoing it excercise wise.

Still no clue though, but it was good to see that everything else was good, except for my problems????? who knows, will wait and see If I wake up tomorrow  :o

Anything over Baht4000 for the MRI Scan and you were fleeced.

Thats it, MRI :D , it was 12,000 baht and took about 30 minutes. I was quite amazed at how bloody noisy it was, especially as my head was killing me at the time. I guess all of those sounds they pulse into you bounce back a certain way and read the brain activity??

ah, I won't say it :D

Get well mate, I see you are resting a while from the political forum anyway :D

That has to be good for your stress levels. One other line of thought could be your eyes, had them checked lately?

?? I gave up the pit over 1 month ago mate, not sure what you mean.

Thats it, MRI :D , it was 12,000 baht and took about 30 minutes. I was quite amazed at how bloody noisy it was, especially as my head was killing me at the time. I guess all of those sounds they pulse into you bounce back a certain way and read the brain activity??

Blimey, makes my ultrasound at Bumrungrad look cheap at 1,900 baht. How does that rip off place justify those fee's ? Well I now how they do - its got the expatmarket and insured tourists to itself.

How much did they charge for Complete Blood count (CBC) test and what was their doctor fee broken down as. Odds are you paid a lot more for the radiologist /radiographer doctor than the normal doctor.

Hi its a fact that many headaches are caused by dehydration are you drinking enough water!

I drink plenty of water, at least 3 litres a day and drink no coke, caffeine, tea or any other sugar products. Just water and OJ and Jacks or wine on a night out.

You did make me me think about it though and I appreciate your reply. :o

Blimey, makes my ultrasound at Bumrungrad look cheap at 1,900 baht. How does that rip off place justify those fee's ? Well I now how they do - its got the expatmarket and insured tourists to itself.

How much did they charge for Complete Blood count (CBC) test and what was their doctor fee broken down as. Odds are you paid a lot more for the radiologist /radiographer doctor than the normal doctor.

12thou is cheap.They are very,very expensive pieces of equip....but they are noisy buggers.Torn, I hope you didn't forget to take your watch off. :D

12thou is cheap.They are very,very expensive pieces of equip....but they are noisy buggers.Torn, I hope you didn't forget to take your watch off. :D

It is funny you mention that, as it was me who suggested to the nurse, about removing it :D NFT! :D

A quick plug for The Bangkok Phuket Hospital. It is very well organised and you feel in capable hands as soon as you walk in the door. A great hospital!

I went to another hospital near Big C a few years ago and they diagnosed me with lung cancer :D . I went on a drunken binge for 1 month, thinking it was all over and then decided to fly to Aus for a second opinion. I was told that the shadow on my lung was the robe I had on at the time of the xray :D

I came back and fronted the Dr and he laughed in the usual "I f......d up" kinda way, we are all used to. :o

pinched nerve in vertabrae of neck, or neck region ; cause radiated sympathetic pain could cause headaches, as well as grinding teeth at nite; eye site (computer too much); dehydration, ... if changes in hearing, sight, balance, etc. go for a second opinion .... does paracetamol or ibufren help or not? does it get worse when laying down, or at end of day? improve with darkened lights? etc... all the questions my 11 yr old has gone thru for two years with repeat major time headaches..... these may help u pinpoint and help if u go back for recheck....

the two in red are danger signals and u must go back for recheck...

red wine also can cause headaches...

sinuses...

something my ex had once, a nerve pinched in his jaw or face.. with pain rediating on side of face and head... cant remember what its called it can be found if google it ... he ended up on valium for two weeks and then it just went away... but it took the doc forever to come up with the answer...

just some more ideas....

I have had a headache for the last fourweeks, it has been constant and started on the right side of my head and now seems to have moved all over the top of my head, from the top of my hairline to the back of my neck. I have also been having trouble breathing and last night, I thought my heart stopped a few beats and couldnt get my breath. I also started gym about 1 month ago and whilst doing preacher curls, I tried too hard and my headaches started from that day.

I hardly drink (once a week/ twice a month?), eat very well and excersise 6 days a week, but I do smoke cigs.

I am off to the doctors now as I didnt think I would live last night. I am going to get a head x ray (no jokes :D ) and my blood work done - Ill see what the outcome is  :D .

I think Pepe is a DR or anyone else that can give any advice would be real helpfull to me, as I am really worried - I never get sick and never go to the docs.

Off I go  :o

Sounds similar to a problem I had when I was working for an exhibitions company in Sydney.

After work one day I developed a really painful constant headache. That night I could barely sleep due to the pain.

This went on for a few days, then weeks and I was still troubled and I was certain I had a tumor. There just seemed to be no let up.

Lots of Ibuprofen would see me through the day at work but the pain would return at night.

After visits to 2 different GP's (including x-rays) it was concluded I had pulled a muscle in my neck at work and this resulted in the excruciating headaches.

My GP carried out laser pen treatment over a few days and put me on temazepam to help me sleep.

I was fine within a week.

the nerve thing causing headaches on side of face: trigeminal nerualgia, cause unknown but bad news pain, valium helps..... this from a doctor friend of mine... dont know if i got the spelling correct on the 'trigeminal' ......

read the brain activity??

Well, Gent, there has to be some nominal brain activity to begin with before that machine can read it! :D

Well you have probably met him already when I write this.

However the Man is Richard Cracknell.

Phukets fittest, and probably best chiropractor and maybe the only one!

He fixed me a year ago.

Good Luck

:o

• 2 weeks later...

I had forgotten about this thread - sorry!

Well I have finally figurred it out :D

After seeing Richard (the Chiro), seeing the Reiki and oxygen chamber guy. as well as the docs at the hospital, it has all come down to breathing whilst working out.

I really did know how important it is to breath clearly whilst doing weights/sport, but if one has sinus problems or a cold, it can make the breathing difficult.

The day I did preacher curls, I tried tooooooooo hard and did not keep breathing as I was straining with the weight (200 pound :o ). I failed to breath properly, no oxygen in brain and the end result is known.

Cheers for all the posts, even Boon Mee's :D:D:D

Edited by Tornado