Anyone Ever Got Multi O Or B From Sing Or Kl?

Many members said Singapore never gives out multiple 1 year non-imm O or B but a few members in the past postings said it is a very friendly embassy and a good place for visa but they did not memtioned the type of visa.

I wonder specifically has anyone actually got multiple 1 year non-immi O or B from Singapore or KL recently?? Did not hear much about it. Any comment?

If your application for NON-B (Multiple) is based on a work permit you will have no problems obtaining it in these countries. However, if your NON-B (multiple) application is based on a company sponsor letter, it will nearly impossible. These consulates have been advised not to grant these types of visas.

In Asia countries you can get a 90 day single non immigrant ‘B” visa. You get the work permit and then if your employer can’t meet these conditions ( 4 Thais employed per work permit, two million Baht registered capital with 1 million working capital and the minimum salary for your nationality) You can go back and show your work permit at that Embassy/ Consulate and get a multi entry one year visa.

The exception is Singapore, even with the showing of the work permit, they have been known only to issue another 90 day non immigrant visa. That is their discretion.

www.sunbeltasia.com

www.lawyer.th.com

www.property.th.com

The last time I was at the Thai embassy in Singapore (admittedly a little while back now), they simply did not issue multiple-entry non-immigrant 'B' visas as such. If one desired more than a single entry on a 'B' one had to pay for each additional entry in the same manner that one does with double/triple/etc. entry tourist visas. No idea why this is other than that's the way things are done at that office.

The Thai Embassy in Singapore does not even issue one-year multiple entry visas to Singaporean citizens.

The Thai consulate in Penang is the best location. Go down first with just a company employment letter - that gets you a single-entry 90 day visa. Use that visa to enter Thailand and get a non-immigrant entry permit. With that, get a work permit. Then - when your 90 days are almost up, return to Penang with work permit, and another company employment letter, and they will give youa one-year, multiple-entry visa.

Good luck!

Steve Sykes

Managing Director

Indo-Siam Group

Bangkok

[email protected]

www.thaistartup.com

The Thai Embassy in Singapore does not even issue one-year multiple entry visas to Singaporean citizens.

The bottom line seems to be that this is not a "product" that the Thai embassy in Singapore "sells". Nobody seems to have a good explanation for why not other than it's simply their prerogative to not do so.

The Thai consulate in Penang is the best location.  Go down first with just a company employment letter - that gets you a single-entry 90 day visa.  Use that visa to enter Thailand and get a non-immigrant entry permit.  With that,  get a work permit.  Then - when your 90 days are almost up, return to Penang with work permit, and another company employment letter, and they will give you a  one-year, multiple-entry visa. 

So I really can get a one-year multiple-entry Non "B" in Penang if I meet the following criteria:

1. Having had a single Non "B" before.

2. Having my work permit (good for 90 days) with me on travel.

3. Having a Letter of Recommendation from my employer??