How Can Thai Lady Visit Usa

I AM AN AMERICAN WITH AN O-A VISA, AND HOUSES IN BOTH USA AND BANGKOK. I WANT MY THAI WIFE (UNREGISTERED TEMPLE WEDDING) TO COME FOR A VISIT TO USA. I CANNOT YET GET K-1, AS I HAVE NO CERTIFICATE OF DIVORCE. SHE HAS A PASSPORT. HOW CAN THIS BE DONE? I WOULD APPRECIATE ANY ADVICE- JOHN

I AM AN AMERICAN WITH AN O-A VISA, AND HOUSES IN BOTH USA AND BANGKOK. I WANT MY THAI WIFE (UNREGISTERED TEMPLE WEDDING) TO COME FOR A VISIT TO USA. I CANNOT YET GET K-1, AS I HAVE NO CERTIFICATE OF DIVORCE. SHE HAS A PASSPORT. HOW CAN THIS BE DONE? I WOULD APPRECIATE ANY ADVICE- JOHN

You'll have a lot more success asking your question in lower case.

I had a friend that was in your same situation and it was taking him forever to get his wife to the USA.

What he finally did was put her on a Package Tour set up by a travel agency and then once she arrived in the USA he met her at the hotel where the tour was supposed to stay at and he went and picked her up.

He then took her to North Carolina where his other home is and applied for her visa to stay. I can tell you she has been in the USA for over 4 years now.

It worked in his case so thought I would just share that with you. :)

Dan

Have to agree with the all caps.

If you live in Thailand on a long term visa and can show significant ties here, such as lease, or condominium ownership, bank accounts (balance not important), car ownership, etc, and then show ties to your “wife” there is a good chance they will give her a visa. Lot’s of people get wrapped up trying to show ties their wife might have to Thailand when what the consulate looks for in cases like these is your ties to Thailand and then her ties to you.

TH

So are you still legally married in the USA ?

I think he is!

Is it legal to have 2 wives in the USA?

Alabama maybe? :)

I think he is!

Well, as it's unregistered he's not "legally" married is he?

RAZZ

First off register and make it a legal marriage. The US embassy in Bangkok gives you the required paper work for you to marry to a Thai. Then you take it to be translated to Thai. The Embassy paper includes a certified statement that you are not married. The US embassy only requires you sign an affidavit that you are not married/divorced. Then apply for a tourist visa for her and show you own homes in Thailand. The US embassy provides a list of lawyers and document translators. One on the list is Virasakdi Jombunud [email protected] and I found he knew every step and it was as easy as 1 2 3 and very affordable. Good luck!

You'll have a lot more success asking your question in lower case.

Some folks just don't know that typing uppercase is SHOUTING. Why don't we just tell the poster that rather than be snippy about it.

I think he is!

Well, as it's unregistered he's not "legally" married is he?

RAZZ

He is not legally married to her in the USA. Under the Bush administration it was almost impossible

to get a visa, however under Obama everything changed. Just had my friend take his girlfriend to Chiang Mai USA Consulate, they asked her 3 question and and gave her a visa that will expire in 10 years, however she is a nurse with a masters degree that may have allot to do with it.

Unfortunately not true....we have big house, 26 rai in Chiang Mai, 30 rai in Buriram, 2 rai in Huahin, enough $$$...., legally married in Thailand, no house in USA just family......visa denied twice in CM. They ask stupid questions and it's over in 5 mins.....wife has to go in alone to consulate in CM. Now she's started law school, maybe that will help.....also have 17 month old baby...we shall see. Good luck.

If you live in Thailand on a long term visa and can show significant ties here, such as lease, or condominium ownership, bank accounts (balance not important), car ownership, etc, and then show ties to your “wife” there is a good chance they will give her a visa. Lot’s of people get wrapped up trying to show ties their wife might have to Thailand when what the consulate looks for in cases like these is your ties to Thailand and then her ties to you.

TH

Edited by ricardofel

Unfortunately not true....we have big house, 26 rai in Chiang Mai, 30 rai in Buriram, 2 rai in Huahin, enough $$$...., legally married in Thailand, no house in USA just family......visa denied twice in CM. They ask stupid questions and it's over in 5 mins.....wife has to go in alone to consulate in CM. Now she's started law school, maybe that will help.....also have 17 month old baby...we shall see. Good luck.

If you live in Thailand on a long term visa and can show significant ties here, such as lease, or condominium ownership, bank accounts (balance not important), car ownership, etc, and then show ties to your "wife" there is a good chance they will give her a visa. Lot's of people get wrapped up trying to show ties their wife might have to Thailand when what the consulate looks for in cases like these is your ties to Thailand and then her ties to you.

TH

>>>>>

very funny

to my knowledge, farang cannot own house, neither land...

maybe immigration can have a closer look

also this one is still not divorced but wants his mia noi to visit his home country

maybe if he is leader of a religious cult that accepts more than one wife...

I am very interested in this issue as a USA expat too. There are many "Visa Service" companies that charge 40,000 baht or more to help UK and Eruo guys take their girlfriend back home and have no problems (although I think it is a big rip off, many of these guys are too lazy to do some research or just have plenty of money, so they pay these bottom feeders to help them at extreme prices). From what I understand if your gf is not a professional with a college eduction or some other kind of medical proffessional or "proper Thai lady" then she is considered a bar girl or someone with questionable intentions and there is extreme bias against her, thats it end of conversation (as pointed out above the interview was over in 5 minutes). Thus making it impossible to get a visa for her. Although, I have a USA friend living here in Bangkok who has oral cancer (no tongue and lives off a feeding tube to his stomach, weighs about 90 pounds and looks like walking death) he is married to a Thai ex bar girl karoke girl and he got a visa for her to go back for a visit to USA good for 10 years.

I noticed that you have not responded to any of the replies to your post. Are you in fact married in the U.S. and trying to hide this from someone? If you are divorced it is a simple matter of contacting the attorneys or court where you were divorced and obtaining a certified copy of your divorce. Something does't seem right here.

TH

Did you read the part about your ties to Thailand? What is your visa status? What ties can you show that you will return to Thailand? You sound just like the people I was referring to.

I know several people that have wives with 10 years multi entry visas. All they have ever shown is a marriage certificate, copy of visa extensions in passport, and a letter from company requesting visa be given to wife and that they are on long term assignment to Thailand and get annual home leaves.

TH