Yellow Coloring Of Swim Wear

THAIPHUKET

I am since two months in the same hotel, which speaks for itself, how much I like it.

Pool water is constantly running, most of the time crystal clear and good tasting. It is not a salt water pool.

Noticed that the water became less clear and more irritating our swim wear has became yellow, can't be washed out?

Suggestions of the cause ??

Too much chemical, which one ?

Problem for the skin ?

I am since two months in the same hotel, which speaks for itself, how much I like it.

Pool water is constantly running, most of the time crystal clear and good tasting. It is not a salt water pool.

Noticed that the water became less clear and more irritating our swim wear has became yellow, can't be washed out?

Suggestions of the cause ??

Too much chemical, which one ?

Problem for the skin ?

sounds like far too much chlorine bleaching your swimwear, be very concerned

Cloudiness can be any number of things, from just having suspended particles after a busy session to water hardness, or an imbalance of pH or alkalinity. Discolouration of clothing is almost certainly a case of too much chlorine, but if that isn't being maintained properly it's not surprising that other factors would be out of balance as well.

There's two things that most commonly cause irritation. Chloramines are produced when the pool isn't shocked regularly to remove combined chlorine (chlorine that has become bound to the organic matter it has killed), these can be very irritating to the eyes, and they give off a strong odour of chlorine. An outdoor pool in proper balance should have no chlorine smell at all. I've seen many home pool owners get to this point when testing only for "free chlorine" and they keep adding chlorine to keep it at the proper level while at the same time their total chlorine is through the roof and giving off lot's of chloramines and bleaching swim gear.

The pH of the pool being out of balance will cause itchy eyes and skin.

If I were you, I'd buy a pack of pool test strips and check your water out before swimming. If the pool is way out of balance and not being maintained properly you could have any number of issues come up, and a slight itch is the least worrisome of the lot.

Edited by cdnvic