Non 'o' Based On Marriage - 400k In Bank

Whats the official line on how long the 400,000 has to be in my Thai bank account ?

I've seen talk of two months but suspect three would be safer.

The clocks ticking and I'd hate to send the money and miss the three months by a couple of days and get rejected.

Whats the official line on how long the 400,000 has to be in my Thai bank account ?

The clocks ticking and I'd hate to send the money and miss the three months by a couple of days and get rejected.

It doesnt have to be a thai bank account. Go to Singapore or Bali with your wife present and more than likely, if you let her do the talking they wont ask you for anything but a mairrage certificate and a passport. This was my experience anyway.

It doesnt have to be a thai bank account. Go to Singapore or Bali with your wife present and more than likely, if you let her do the talking they wont ask you for anything but a mairrage certificate and a passport. This was my experience anyway.

You are talking about getting a visa, the OP is talking about getting an extension of stay, which is soemthing else.

The official rule is 2 months. But more and more offices only accept 400,000 baht for the first extension of stay and will notify you that in the future the money has to be there for 3 months.

This 3 months deposit is for non-US citizens. US citizens can just get an affidavit of income signed at the US Embassy.

Your nationality doesn't matter.

If you suggest making a false sworn statement that is a federal crime and can get you in a lot of trouble.

This 3 months deposit is for non-US citizens. US citizens can just get an affidavit of income signed at the US Embassy.

Your nationality doesn't matter.

If you suggest making a false sworn statement that is a federal crime and can get you in a lot of trouble.

Your nationality does matter. The US Embassy will only sign the affidavit for US citizens. It is definitely not a federal crime in the US to get a signed affidavit of your income.