Thai Plan Strengthens Thaksin's Powers

george

Sorry to tell you all this, It HAS ben approved!!!!!!

Good job I am here to keep a finger on the pulse of Thai politics.

so much for your predictions, get ready for H ell, Mr T will be on the l;ookout for a reason to try out his new found powers

The King signed it a few days ago...

:o

perhaps he didn't know what it may cause? :D or T. bewildered him? may be it is not to late to save Thailand from despot - if someone from this Forum could just hurry up and advice HM about REAL state of affairs and all the dangerous predictions? :D

Two days ago, don't you lot ever read the paper?

Or even just read this thread back one day.... I also mentioned it here yesterday..

Posted Yesterday, 2005-03-05 12:25:19

Sad to say, Thaksin got his wish. The King signed it a few days ago...

Hate to disagree with you Ajarn, but according to the Bangkok Post today page 4, this has NOT yet been signed and it appears that Thaksin is trying to perform his usual spin on this by saying that he didnt propose the idea as it is unneccessary. That tells me that he expects it to be rejected!!!!

Or even just read this thread back one day.... I also mentioned it here yesterday..

Hate to disagree with you Ajarn, but according to the Bangkok Post today page 4, this has NOT yet been signed and it appears that Thaksin is trying to perform his usual spin on this by saying that he didnt propose the idea as it is unneccessary. That tells me that he expects it to be rejected!!!!

EMERGENCYPOWERS: Decree approved despite protests

Published on March 05, 2005 in The Nation

PM given broad power to issue resolutions

The controversial Royal decree giving the prime minister unprecedented power in case of “emergency” has been passed, with debate continue to rage over whether it will further dampen political transparency and checks and balances already threatened by his overwhelming parliamentary power.

The decree’s key architect, Cabinet secretary Borwornsak Uwanno, confirmed yesterday that His Majesty the King had signed it into law a few days before.

Interesting, but something is wrong with this picture... The cabinet member was quoted in public as saying the King had signed it...Pretty serious Lese Majeste if he lied about the King signing it, I'd think....

I don't have access to a paper copy of the Post... I can find anything online... Any more details from the story? Certainly is curious...

Thaksin is feighning innocence today, stating"If I had seen the bill priorto acceptance I would have deemed it unessasary", Addd the foot note, "but now that it's here" and I think you can guess the rest. What a joke, one moment he is claiming that he knows and aproes everything, and now expects us to belive that it wasn't his idea and it was presented to the King for Royal approval without his knowlage...how naive does he think people are?

....how naive does he think people are?

I don't think he cares - it's just an answer, an excuse, so that there is no need to talk about it any more. "Subject closed". He has enough power not to have to care about what the plebs think until about 3 months before the next election.

The controversial Royal decree giving the prime minister unprecedented power in case of “emergency” has been passed, with debate continue to rage over whether it will further dampen political transparency and checks and balances already threatened by his overwhelming parliamentary power.

The decree’s key architect, Cabinet secretary Borwornsak Uwanno, confirmed yesterday that His Majesty the King had signed it into law a few days before.

Interesting, but something is wrong with this picture... The cabinet member was quoted in public as saying the King had signed it...Pretty serious Lese Majeste if he lied about the King signing it, I'd think....

I don't have access to a paper copy of the Post... I can find anything online... Any more details from the story? Certainly is curious...

I agree, but the article in yesterdays paper definately said that it was still NOT approved, so who knows?? TIT

I agree, but the article in yesterdays paper definately said that it was still NOT approved, so who knows?? TIT

So far, it's only you that's saying that, and nobody has posted the actual content from the paper, and another has person has given the article (same?) a different spin than yours.

Until there's better evidence than I've seen here, I'm still inclined to believe that a Cabinet Minister is not going to get up in front of a public meeting and wrongfully declare the King had signed something.