Uk Visa G/f

:D Hi could anyone advise me, I am currently gathering information for applying for a visitors visa for my Thai G/F, I own my home no morgage, can I just use my new council tax bill for proof of ownership or do I need the original deeds, my deeds are held by a solicitor and I feel reluctant to use them, also could anyone advise me on health insurance for my G/F, i.e if it is needed, where to purchase, cost, etc.... :o

In my case all I did was to produce a letter from my solc to say that I owned my house withour mortgage and it was not questioned further.

On insurance no one asked me to show that I had it - it just that you have to committ not to burden the state with any such expenses.

Council tax bill will probably be ok, but a certified copy of the deeds would definitely be ok.

Health insurance is not a requirement for a visa, but is, of course, strongly recommended. I'm sorry, but I can't think of anywhere in Thailand where you could purchase it, and I'm not sure if you could buy it in the UK for her.

"also could anyone advise me on health insurance for my G/F, i.e if it is needed, where to purchase, cost, etc...."

Your G/F can go to any of the international insurance carriers in Thailand, such as BUPA or AMA and buy traveler's health insurance. It's just a couple thousand baht and will cover the month or two your G/F will be abroad.