Cinema In Korat

StChris

Just a quick question:

Does the cinema in The Mall in Korat show English films in the original English soundtrack, or in dubbed Thai? Do the Thai films have English subtitles? I'd like to go to see Harry Potter and Dear Galileo next week, but my Thai isn't good enough yet to to listen in Thai. If not, where's the closest cinema, Kong Kaen, or will I have to go to Bangkok?

Cheers

Just a quick question:

Does the cinema in The Mall in Korat show English films in the original English soundtrack, or in dubbed Thai? Do the Thai films have English subtitles? I'd like to go to see Harry Potter and Dear Galileo next week, but my Thai isn't good enough yet to to listen in Thai. If not, where's the closest cinema, Kong Kaen, or will I have to go to Bangkok?

Cheers

99% of the foreign films are shown in Thai with no subtitles. The Thai films are shown in Thai but normally have English subtitles. About 2 or 3 times per year the cinema will show a movie in the English language. I beileve they are showing the Harry Potter film in English at the moment but you would need to check there website or look at the listings at the mall.

Every time I've asked the people at EGV Cinema at the Mall in Korat if they have English subtitles, I've been told no. All films are shown in Thai. The two things I really miss since I've moved to Korat a year ago is Bowling, and movies. I'll give it another year, but if things don't improve, I don't think I'll be staying in Korat even though I like the wheather.

Barry

Every time I've asked the people at EGV Cinema at the Mall in Korat if they have English subtitles, I've been told no. All films are shown in Thai. The two things I really miss since I've moved to Korat a year ago is Bowling, and movies. I'll give it another year, but if things don't improve, I don't think I'll be staying in Korat even though I like the wheather.

Barry

One of the many reasons I relocated to Bangkok from Korat six years ago. I retired to Thailand to enjoy my remaining years not do without many things I have come to enjoy during my lifetime.

Thanks. I might watch the Hello Galileo one even if it hasn't got English subtitles, as I've been studying quite hard recently, so might understand more than I think. If the Harry Potter is dubbed I don't think I'll bother. I think the dubbing takes away alot from the film.

Wow, alot of you are really into yur cinema, moving and house and all! I'm a big fan of the Siam Paragon one myself ;-)

I've been living in Korat for 2 years now and never have seen a dubbed in English movie at the Mall. Once in a while they will have a first run movie with English subtitles. I just wait a month then buy the DVD for 99 baht and watch it in English on my big screen.

This website will give you showtimes for all movies in Thailand. As far as Korat, and the Mall, yes every movie is dubbed in Thai except for one right now.

http://www.movieseer.com/th/showtime.aspx

- + EGV

Korat 3nd Floor area at The Mall Nakon Ratchasima Branch Tel.(044) 288 288

map

Harry Potter and The Half Blood Prin...

PG13, 2hrs 34mins (English soundtrack / Thai subtitles)

21:30

Harry Potter and The Half Blood Prin...

PG13, 2hrs 34mins (Thai soundtrack)

17:40 | 19:15 | 20:50 | 22:25

Public Enemies

R, 2hrs 23mins (Thai soundtrack)

17:20 | 20:15

The Taking of Pelham 123

R, 1hr 46mins (Thai soundtrack)

18:45 | 21:05

6.66 Death Happen

PG13, 1hr 30mins (Thai soundtrack / English subtitles)

18:00 | 20:00 | 22:00

Dear Galileo

18:05 | 19:30 | 20:55 | 22:20

Wongkamlao

Well that beats Udon not their fault though every time they got one in no one went then sit and complain cause there aren't any.

I went to one myself and my wife weer the only ones in the showing can't ask a theater to do that. Plenty on English speakers here they just don't go. Haven't sit in theater in a long time look forward to my next chance in my case it will be Bangkok.

Korat doesn't have a bowling alley?

Khon Kean does as well as Udon

Well that beats Udon not their fault though every time they got one in no one went then sit and complain cause there aren't any.

I went to one myself and my wife weer the only ones in the showing can't ask a theater to do that. Plenty on English speakers here they just don't go. Haven't sit in theater in a long time look forward to my next chance in my case it will be Bangkok.

Korat doesn't have a bowling alley?

Khon Kean does as well as Udon

Korat had two Bowling alley's, one in the Mall and one in Klang Plaza 2, but since both venues close at 10 PM, and since Thai people do no0t like to go out until 10PM, they both closed for lack of business.

Barry

To bad good sport but any entertainment venue needs community support. We use to have two as well. The one here opens early in the morning 10:00 A.M.

I got a surprise the Harry Potter Movie is showing here (Udon) 1810 one showing in English with Thai Subtitles or that is what the sign says :)

To bad good sport but any entertainment venue needs community support. We use to have two as well. The one here opens early in the morning 10:00 A.M.

I got a surprise the Harry Potter Movie is showing here (Udon) 1810 one showing in English with Thai Subtitles or that is what the sign says :)

Your right about community support, and here in Korat we have almost none from the Expat community.

Harry Potter is showing here in korat in two theaters. One in English with Thai subtitles, and the other in Thai with English Sub Titles. In my Opinion, this is what should be done with all the movies.

Barry