Marriage Registration Requirements In Bkk

hnka

Hello all,

I need a little help here. I am planning on registering my marriage in Bangkok. Both my fiance and I are foreigners and both are divorced. My question is ;

Is the divorce cert enough apart from our passports etc? Do they require a single status letter that states free to remarry or is that only applicable for single person/s who wish to marry here in BKK? Since we both have our original divorce cert, do we still require this letter?

Please help. Thanks :)

You will still both need the letter from your embassy. Ask them about which papers you need to show about the divorce.

All documents need to be translated into Thai before you legalise them at the Ministry of foreign Affairs, Consular department.

You will still both need the letter from your embassy. Ask them about which papers you need to show about the divorce.

All documents need to be translated into Thai before you legalise them at the Ministry of foreign Affairs, Consular department.

But I read that the letter is required only for singles who wish to marry and for the ones who have previously married is just to produce the divorce cert. So I still need a letter even if I produce the divorce cert?