Overstay By 1 Day - How Serious

I have screwed up my flights a little - need to leave Thailand 29 Sept and have flight booked 30 Sept. Given the cost of changing these, whats the likely consequence of me pitching up at the airport, a day late? Is it simply a 500B fine or could it be worse......I am at the beginning of a non-immig multi entry visa so don't want to go losing it or some such.....

Thanks in advance!

I have screwed up my flights a little - need to leave Thailand 29 Sept and have flight booked 30 Sept. Given the cost of changing these, whats the likely consequence of me pitching up at the airport, a day late? Is it simply a 500B fine or could it be worse......I am at the beginning of a non-immig multi entry visa so don't want to go losing it or some such.....

Thanks in advance!

Colino is right 100% you have to pay 500 THB / day overstay max. 20'000 THB = 40 day. Few day is no danger and nothing happen, your money is welcome on the airport when you leave. But if you would overstay weeks then you risk in a police controle many trouble. Also they are clever somtimes they stop bus with "visa-runners" about 20 km before border eg. to Cambodia or Ranong. The police charge you with a penatly just for own pocket, the second charge come on the border by the immigration with the mentioned 500 / day. As Colino say few days to get your best flight will have no any consquences if later you apply for any other visa.

I had a one day overstay three times before, and they did not fine me at the airport, they just sent me to another officer who did all the paper process for overstay, recorded in my passport and stamped it out without a fine.

However in land borders you have to pay the fine for one day overstay.

Good Luck

Bishop

Whether this is true or not, I've heard that if you are stopped by the police on an expired visa you will be taken to the immigration jail where you will fined and then sent to the airport. If you don't have a return ticket on your person, then someone outside of the jail will have to secure a ticket for you. This info may vary depending on circumstances, but it's worth considering.

Whether this is true or not, I've heard that if you are stopped by the police on an expired visa you will be taken to the immigration jail where you will fined and then sent to the airport. If you don't have a return ticket on your person, then someone outside of the jail will have to secure a ticket for you. This info may vary depending on circumstances, but it's worth considering.

Yes`I have heard the same. The chances of being pulled over are small but if you are in the country illegally they will take you away. I know its only one day but you never now. To be 99.9% safe stay at one of the airport hotels the day before.

I had a one day over stay.

I had intended on getting a one week extension at the Pattaya immigration office which is in Jomtien. I miscalculated and showed up at the immigration office with a one day over stay. They gave me a fine for the over stay. They still gave me a one week extension for a standard fee. No problem. You will need a photograph to do this. You can get the photograph quickly right next door to the immigration office for a small fee.

I had a one day over stay.

I had intended on getting a one week extension at the Pattaya immigration office which is in Jomtien. I miscalculated and showed up at the immigration office with a one day over stay. They gave me a fine for the over stay. They still gave me a one week extension for a standard fee. No problem. You will need a photograph to do this. You can get the photograph quickly right next door to the immigration office for a small fee.

I agree with this reply , just go get your passport stamped at Jomtien.