Thai Food// Uk Food From Your Thai Wife

nigelandjan

Hi not sure which forum to post this in , but I was just wondering how your thai wives have adapted to eating and cooking your favourite roast dinner in the UK ,,,,

My wife although a trained thai chef has had no training other than watching my poor attempts has managed to master the english roast dinner ,,,,,,, roast potatoes that I would put up against g ramsey esq. succulent tender beef,the like of which I have never eaten in the uk ,, smooth light batter ,,,,, gravy to die for ,,, a new take on cabbage and leeks and after I explained it to her RED hot plates to have the grub on.

Not only does she cook for me better than I could have dreamed of she actually really enjoys eating all this,,,,,,ofcourse thai food to,,,,,,so we have a good variety of grub all week about 50/ 50 ,,,, she also loves a bloody good fry up breakfast , the full trip egg bacon mushrooms black pudding !!!!! yes its true and still manages to weigh in at about 44 kilos,a little over 7 stones.

Have you also been this lucky ?? as I know of many problems where the thai lady lives in the foreighn country and beefs about ( I cannot get thai food )

I think that most adapt quite quickly. My g/f I live with in BKK learned to cook farang food in a restaurant in Rachada ! She cooks a mean pork chop, steak and chilli con carne !! She eats it too - but of course prefers Thai food. I have no plans to return to the UK......

I think that most adapt quite quickly. My g/f I live with in BKK learned to cook farang food in a restaurant in Rachada ! She cooks a mean pork chop, steak and chilli con carne !! She eats it too - but of course prefers Thai food. I have no plans to return to the UK......

Funny you mention the pork chop ,,, when my wife arrived in the UK the first week I cooked her a pork chop dinner,, I got a pack of 2 out the freezer defrosted them 1 of them looked lean and succulent full of meat the other one you would throw to your dog ,, full of fat grisle and bone , so being the gentleman I am I gave her the lean one,,,,,,, as the meal proceeded she kept eyeing up my chop hardly eating her lean meaty one ,,, in the end it just became too much for her ,,,,,,, ( can I have that on please ?????????

Daft thing is she eats all this fat and weighs in at about 7 stone I eat none of it and weigh in at about 18 ,( fat git )