Shipping A Boat To Norway

jonik

I have orderd a 27 foot speedboat from a company near pattaya supposed to be finished around april.

Now i need shipping from thailand to norway.Does anyone have some experience with shipping something like this, cost and stuff like that.

Also what is the normal price for a boat like this. I was told a wooden boat would cost me around 400kb. in plastic 500kb.

I'm not quite sure if this is a god deal or not, do you?

I have orderd a 27 foot speedboat from a company near pattaya supposed to be finished around april.

Now i need shipping from thailand to norway.Does anyone have some experience with shipping something like this, cost and stuff like that.

Also what is the normal price for a boat like this. I was told a wooden boat would cost me around 400kb. in plastic 500kb.

When you say that you have actually ordered this boat, have you signed anything? or paid any money yet??...If not I suggest that you do your homework first and find out what the relevant costings are and whether you are paying a fair price for this.

There are 2 boat builders listed in the Pattaya Directory.

Sahawat Pattaya Co Ltd. Tel 038-423611

Seat Boat Co Ltd. tel 038-421072.

Of course you could always go upto Jomtien sailing club and ask there.

Why don't you contact a container-agent/shipper. You would need a 'shared' 40 ft container. About the cost of such a boat I don't know. Why do you ask if you already ordered one?

LaoPo

Would a 27foot speedboat fit into a container width wise.

Has the builder an export license.

Ro Ro would seem the only option but you would need a trolley type system.

Most European boat builders tend to deliver themselves by sea.

Good Luck.

:o

The boat is about 2,3 m wide and will fit into a 40 ft con.

The builder is located in Lek near jomtien/pattaya.They have produced boats for people all around(so they say). I have got some ideas about the cost and transport but if anybody on the forum has done this before , some input would be nice.