Appeal Court Cuts British Paedophile

george

Appeal Court cuts British paedophile

08cf256c43.jpg

BANGKOK: -- A Bangkok Appeal Court has reduced the sentence of a 26-year-old Briton jailed for paedophile offences from 42 years to 30 years in prison.

Robert Wood had been found guilty by a lower criminal court of sexually abusing Thai boys and distributing photographs and videos of his sex acts with the minors for profit.

The incidents had taken place in a Bangkok apartment over a period from August 2002 until January 2003. Wood reportedly confessed to the charges which helped reduce his sentence from a possible 63-year prison term to the 42 years imposed by the criminal court.

Wood was accused of tricking at least eight teenage boys into performing sexual acts with him and his friends, who are still at large.

In its ruling, the Appeal Court agreed that the 42-year jail term imposed on Wood was too harsh, and reduced it by 12 years.

Through his translator, Wood said he would take his case further to the Supreme Court.

--TNA 2005-03-02

Original story: http://www.thaivisa.com/index.php?514&back...urce&tt_news=92

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of the guys on here I consider just as bad for asking about highschool kids and others bragging about going to bed with Uni girls and then have the gall to post pics and slag the girl. It truely is a sad world we live in when we have to share it with these fcukwits,<deleted> and whatever else I can't write to describe them.

In prison, he'll have abundant opportunities to understand first hand how it feels to be young and abused.

Yeah, oh man they will be happy in Bangkok Hilton and make sure that he feels every 'Inch" like he done it for money for those he abused. :o

and he has still balls to complane to upper court that it's too hars for him....

I'm surprised nobody commented on the headline.

First thing that occurred to me: "cut" is slang for circumcise. I wondered why a court would be circumcising a paedophile?

BTW, paedophile is not in my dictionary. I guess perhaps it's a British spelling. I've always seen it as pedophile.

First thing that occurred to me:  "cut" is slang for circumcise.  I wondered why a court would be circumcising a paedophile?

BTW, paedophile is not in my dictionary.  I guess perhaps it's a British spelling.  I've always seen it as pedophile.

Not sure what dictionary you use but the Oxford English spells it 'pae' (otherwise it would refer to a foot).

Anyway, I don't see why such bestial members of any society should be a burden on the rest of us for any period of time, especially 30 yrs and even if he daily gets 'jumped' by some big hairy lag.

i am just glad they caught the sicko and stoped him ###### up the minds of more young people. uk prisons keep this type of criminal grouped to gether to try to prevent harm coming to them do thai prisons operate the same ? and why could he not be the one found in south east thailand cut to bits insted

OK. First let me say that I am not a pedophile of any persuasion, and I do not support their activities. Now that that is out of the way, here is my question: How do you 'trick' teenage boys into having sex with you? [Rhetorical question: not asking for pointers!] Although it has been some time since I was a teenage boy, it is difficult for me to imagine any circumstances under which I could have been 'tricked' into sex with a man. Perhaps that was just a face-saving phrase to cover for the fact that those boys more than likely were quite willing participants.

First thing that occurred to me:  "cut" is slang for circumcise.  I wondered why a court would be circumcising a paedophile?

BTW, paedophile is not in my dictionary.  I guess perhaps it's a British spelling.  I've always seen it as pedophile.

yup, paedophile = british spelling. come on, british all the way....! :o

OK. First let me say that I am not a pedophile of any persuasion, and I do not support their activities. Now that that is out of the way, here is my question: How do you 'trick' teenage boys into having sex with you? [Rhetorical question: not asking for pointers!] Although it has been some time since I was a teenage boy, it is difficult for me to imagine any circumstances under which I could have been 'tricked' into sex with a man. Perhaps that was just a face-saving phrase to cover for the fact that those boys more than likely were quite willing participants.

"Willing" is a question of definition. "Needed the money" is more close to the truth.

Not that I know the circumstances of your upbringing, but I think it is very difficult from somebody from a welfare state to fully understand what it feels like to be miserably poor.

Not sure what dictionary you use but the Oxford English spells it 'pae' (otherwise it would refer to a foot).

that's a little harsh. not one to be pedantic... :o but to refer to foot it would have to be pedi-, and not pedo-. also, the oxford dictionary recognises pedo- as US spelling of paedo-.

"Willing" is a question of definition. "Needed the money" is more close to the truth.

Not that I know the circumstances of your upbringing, but I think it is very difficult from somebody from a welfare state to fully understand what it feels like to be miserably poor.

Very well put meadish_sweetball.

Robert Wood sentenced to 30 years in Thailand and David Leach, his friend, was tried for similar offences in the UK. Anyone know if he has been sentenced yet? - bet he only gets a quarter of his mates punishment.

Given these guys don't usually get cured - I think the Thai's have it right.

Think of it in terms of phonetic spelling

UK = Pee-doh-file

US = Pedd-oh-file

hence the spelling difference (plus UK English is based mainly on Latin, whereas US English is based on Afro-Irish :o )

Think of it in terms of phonetic spelling

UK = Pee-doh-file

US = Pedd-oh-file

hence the spelling difference (plus UK English is based mainly on Latin, whereas US English is based on Afro-Irish :o )

UK English is not based mainly on Latin, it is not even part of the same language family. English is a Germanic language with strong influences from Roman languages like Latin and French. These influences are mainly in the lexicon (number of words) and not in its grammatical features. Richard W may have more to say about this.

More ammunition for Thaksin's clampdown on sex tourists. No wonder the Thai's have a negative view of farangs. Let's face it, they are such moral people and don't have paedophiles in their society :o (yeah right)

Actually, I'm surprised this piece of s**t survived this long. Let's see if he makes to the Supreme Court hearing. Any bets?

Robert Wood sentenced to 30 years in Thailand and David Leach, his friend, was tried for similar offences in the UK.  Anyone know if he has been sentenced yet? - bet he only gets a quarter of his mates punishment.

Given these guys don't usually get cured - I think the Thai's have it right.

http://www.thisisbradford.co.uk/bradford__...news03.int.html